Worries For Character Creation

+
I cannot play FP games and I am not sure why or how a FP perspective would be advantageous in a non shooter type game. Having said that why would you have a character creator if you cant see your player for most of the game.

Name a one game, just one game that had great character customization whose built character looked exactly the same as in the creator and with smooth realistic animations... yeah, right, it doesn't exist. CDPR goes for the best route, they make each preset manually animated, there might be a lot, there might not be so many, but what is important is the fact that each part is automated by humans, not artificially, so the end product will match the quality of the game and won't look clunky as other games.

Eve Online.

The character looked exactly as it did in the character creator and moved pretty well.

While I don't expect to have a "seamless" Char editor with sliders and whatnot allowing you to theoretically craft hundreds or thousands of different looks, I also hope to see more than just a few presets like in the Division (1) or so. I guess CP2077 will already provide more than that and if you can customize each "preset" further with a "sufficient amount of options", then it should be fine.

This reminded me of the same lame presets that Destiny have as well. Hopefully, we will have more choices than The Division and Destiny combined. If we trust in CDPR (as i do), they won't let us down. I'm trying not to create an over hyping of the CC, but #InCDPRWeTrust

This reminded me of the same lame presets that Destiny have as well. Hopefully, we will have more choices than The Division and Destiny combined. If we trust in CDPR (as i do), they won't let us down. I'm trying not to create an over hyping of the CC, but #InCDPRWeTrust

I mostly think it's unlikely we get insufficient customization because of two aspects:

1) it's an (action) RPG of sorts, with shooter components or elements, however. But RPGs usually, on average, give you decent customization

2) I don't think they will add so much detail to the world, dynamic quests, different backgrounds and an immersive approach only to have them severely slack in terms of character customization, especially if you are to play an undefined char by style or look unlike Geralt (so you just need to have decent to strong char customization options, more than just a dozen different looks tops)

It might not offer as much as other games, but I am sure I will be able to craft me a convincing V I like, and I hope the same goes for others.

Or the other way around.
A shooter with RPG elements? Maybe, but then you can't argue like I did because most (classic) shooters that come to mind usually don't have deep or any character customization.

Long story short, you can see it either way and it's fine, but in terms of arguing for customization I prefer seeing or treating it as an RPG with shooter elements :shrug:

A shooter with RPG elements?
More this.

But even so it seems there will be fairly significant character customization (not including "exotics").
Sliders?
Probably not.
But a gender/ethnic diversity and a fair number of facial features to mix-n-match.

I mostly think it's unlikely we get insufficient customization because of two aspects:

1) it's an (action) RPG of sorts, with shooter components or elements, however. But RPGs usually, on average, give you decent customization

2) I don't think they will add so much detail to the world, dynamic quests, different backgrounds and an immersive approach only to have them severely slack in terms of character customization, especially if you are to play an undefined char by style or look unlike Geralt (so you just need to have decent to strong char customization options, more than just a dozen different looks tops)

It might not offer as much as other games, but I am sure I will be able to craft me a convincing V I like, and I hope the same goes for others.

I get what you mean and I'm with you in the aspect. My hopes are that we at the very least, get a decent and a multiple varied CC. To be honest, the thing i hope the most is that we will be able to customize our character hairstyle and facial hair features post CC.

I get what you mean and I'm with you in the aspect. My hopes are that we at the very least, get a decent and a multiple varied CC. To be honest, the thing i hope the most is that we will be able to customize our character hairstyle and facial hair features post CC.

The screen shot with Male V looks like in game CC .

1920 × 1080

I personally prefer a more simple creator system. Just let me pick from some simple options to get my guy to look a certain way and then move on to playing the actual game. Sliders and ridiculous customization just wastes my time and overly complicates things to me.

They did say that you can make the character you want and I know their limitations because then they would be pushed another month or two.

But if they want to show diversity they can only show in gender and ethnicity. But in the way people look. This means scars, defects, body types, the way they walk and act.

You are the embodiment of this character so you should choose how it looks.

I personally prefer a more simple creator system. Just let me pick from some simple options to get my guy to look a certain way and then move on to playing the actual game. Sliders and ridiculous customization just wastes my time and overly complicates things to me.

Well don't use it?..
[...]
"The game should not have in depth customization because i want to play the game and i don't want to waste my time in a character creator."

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
The screen shot with Male V looks like in game CC .

1920 × 1080

I know what you mean from this pic and yes, i read from the devs, that this part, in particular, was some kind of CC after you already created your V. I hope it will be like in The Witcher 3, where you could cut Geralt's hairstyles and shave his facial hair post CC. Either way, I'm stoked.

my fear for character creation is that we get only 1 body type for each gender (and not even skinny/fat/muscular) and not many beard/hair type.

I really hope not , to me Female V is a bit pear shape . I would like to slim down her hips or give her a bigger chest to even her out . Male V started out muscular but i the last demo he looks skinny .

Guest 4149880

Quality over quantity. The trade off for not being able to morph ever detail, is a better looking character and animations. There will probably be enough options to make the character you want. Your character is still based in reality, not fantasy outside of the technological changes.

Most games with a wide variety of PC customization options have mediocre animations or none at all and less quality overall.

Top Bottom