Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
I used to love the ME series. And I still do till the last 10 minutes of ME3.
I don't want to start another ME3 ending discussion but Bioware did really bad with it. They should have used the Indoctrination Theory story which was raised short time after the ending. For those how don't know what I'm talking about
http://johnswritersblock.com/2012/03/22/all-that-matters-is-the-ending-part-2-mass-effect-3/
It would not have been a great story twist an assured another trilogy, another cycle, maybe 50 000 to 100 000 later, which would make sense even from an econmic viewpoint - Since EA is only interested in making money.

To come back to topic. I don't like prequels. Especially if they pick up a story that is already known. If they choose the First Contact War as setting of course.
It's the least setting I want to play in. Think about it: If it's really FCW we probably play as humans not as turians. Would be a poor diversity of crew members which was one of the reason that made ME so great for me.
Plus there won't be any true freedom of choice.
I guess it will be even more a shooter than ME3 was with less RPG mechanics. I hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I guess you're right. It doesn't even have to be a cosmic threat or anything like that. It could be like Mass Effect 2, where they tried to distance themselves from the Reapers and instead focus on the various aliens and interesting characters.

As I said earlier, I would love to be some kind of mercenary, bodyguard or private investigator, just doing my job instead of saving the universe.
They already did a good thing by making a game that spans before the original Mass Effect in my opinion. One more step towards less "savior of the galaxy" and color me interested.

If it´s really set before the events of the original trilogy, it could be anything. It could be during the Rachni Wars, or the Krogan Wars. Hell, it could even take place shortly after the discovery of the Citadel by the Asari. They have lots of possibilities with such a rich universe they created.
It´s too bad that they´ll most likely stick to a human protagonist though, which will limit their options greatly.

Or a Salarian! Imagine a game similar to Alpha Protocol in concept where you play as a Salarian special agent...

the alien shit was the least interesting thing in the entire game.

more planets, more exploration, more human enemies. model it on mass effect 1 without the hero of the galaxy bs and things will be fine.

but this is bioware/ea, so yeah...

So, what did they say about it? I didn´t watch the EA presentation. Anything interesting, or did they just tease it?

Why are you more interested in that?

Anyway, I’d like to see another Mass Effect title as long as they learned from their previous fuck-up with ME3 (doubtful) and won’t blunder so massively again.

I'm tired of BioWare current IPs. I liked Mass Effect because of the universe; the whole trilogy made it tiresome and too familiar. I don't like Dragon Age's setting much and to even imagine there's 3 Dragon Age games incoming... I think BioWare knows how to create a new setting (the "lore" behind Mass Effect was quite good), but they don't know very well how to exploit it smartly. That's why I'm very interested in this new "IP".

Here's a summary of the SDCC panel

Update: Along with the details outlined below, there were a few other details resulting from Comic Con's Mass Effect panel. BioWare confirmed the player character will be human and not one of the many races featured in the game's universe and it's possible the game could occur during Sheppard's lifetime. BioWare has confirmed previously, however, that the new Mass Effect will have no connection to Sheppard.

Exploration will apparently serve a much larger role throughout the game, and the Mako, has re-emerged as an important component of the game, though we will have to wait and see how much.

BioWare said that everything shown during the panel has the potential to change before the game's release, which is likely still years away.

Original story:

BioWare's San Diego Comic Con panel "Charting a Course: Developing the Next Mass Effect" is underway, and a few details have trickled out onto Twitter. The panelists are a mix of developers from Bioware's Edmonton and Montreal Studios. Carl Boulay (lead animator), Mike Gamble (producer), Noel Lukasewich (senior artist), Fabrice Condominas (producer), and Jessica Merizan (community manager) are giving fans in attendance a few new details, including a first look at the new Mako in action.

Twitter user Nerd Appropriate, snapped a few shots during the panel (pictured above and below) which show the Mako and various angles of the new N7 armor. Twitter user SuperNerdMe also snapped a shot of male and female hero models (which you can see below).

Game Informer's Kyle Hilliard is at Comic Con, and will give his report on the panel later, should anything news worthy come from it.

Source:
HTML:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/26/details-from-comic-con-39-s-mass-effect-panel.aspx

And some pictures

View attachment 4940

View attachment 4941

View attachment 4942

Sorry for the bad quality but I found no better resoultion. Hopefully BW will upload a video from the panel itself.

I think they should overdo the design of the Mako, it looks ugly imo. And probably no race options.
The most intersting thing for me is the timline. I hope it won't get a side story of the events of the original trilogy but squad members of Shepards team may appear, so...

Attachments

• mass1.jpg
    mass1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 66
  • mass3.jpg
    mass3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Mass2.jpg
    Mass2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 110
I loved the Mako. So much better than that paper mache flier we got after ME2. The design in that vid is a little odd, and I don't see a canon. The one thing they need to do is allow us to explore planets like the first game, but populate them with more than three way points. They should have the tech and man power to pull that off now. I'm glad they're leaving Shepard behind. After ME3, I bloody hate Shepard.

For me the main problem was that they had no idea how the trilogy should end since one glorious day Casey Hudson and Mac Walters implemented the star child.
I just hope BW learns from its mistakes if it's going to be another trilogy they should at least have a glimpse of an idea of how it could end.

Top Bottom