Rumours and Speculations

+
SigilFey;n10882141 said:
In my opinion, leveling has little place in a FPP, action-oriented system. In that situation, combat should always be based exclusively on the gear I'm using. I'd do no "enemy scaling" at all. Every enemy has its own difficulty rating, set in stone. Combat against certain enemies is simply impossible early on in the game. Doesn't mean I can't interact with them, avoid them, or defeat them...it means I can't fight them at that point. (<--- Look! Roleplaying opportunity!)
Yeah, enemies shouldn't "scale", they're as tough as they are, Period.
Use a different type of opponent or add more of them to make an encounter more difficult.
Why the hell would a street thug become something the Special Forces would fear just because my character became more skilled at what they do?

Art done by Mateusz Michalski who worked as a senior enviroment artist at CDPR from 2014 to early 2017.

​The following picture is made by MIchal Lisowski who is a Senior concept artist at CDPR since early 2018:

The following picture is made by Marek Brzezinski, a Character Concept Artist who works at CDPR since 2015:

animalfather;n10884461 said:
EUREKA!!!!

What if the FPS mechanics is only in the Cyberspace sections of the game?

Cyberspace, the place where it's extremely important to create your own "avatar" with whatever appearence you want. A Third Person Perspective is still important in Cyberspace.

Last edited:
animalfather;n10883641 said:
the bullet spread of Stalker didint follow any logic whatsoever i hope this game doesnt have that feature. if you hit a target and missed by 2 meters to the left then going 2 meters to the right should get you a hit. but not in STALKER i was completetly random and i remember the defenders said it was because of the wind LOL ya like wind effect a 7.62mm projectile over a 40meter distance

For unskilled characters, an experience like that would actually not be unreasonable in CP2077.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10885101 said:
Art done by Mateusz Michalski who worked as a senior enviroment artist at CDPR from 2014 to early 2017.

​The following picture is made by MIchal Lisowski who is a Senior concept artist at CDPR since early 2018:

The following picture is made by Marek Brzezinski, a Character Concept Artist who works at CDPR since 2015:

Cyberspace, the place where it's extremely important to create your own "avatar" with whatever appearence you want. A Third Person Perspective is still important in Cyberspace.

Why does every polish person have a last name that ends in "ski"?

Snowflakez;n10886161 said:
Why does every polish person have a last name that ends in "ski"?
The almighty google search says
The -ski is an adjectival suffix, which can be added directly to a stem -- as piekarski means "of the baker (piekarz)" -- or can be compounded with other suffixes.
So I believe the "ski" is essentially "of." So it can relate to places a person's family is from, the profession one of their ancestors had, or etc etc. Also, if the name traces back far enough in ones family it's an indication of nobility as most persons 1500s or so didn't have surnames unless they were nobles. I don't speak Polish ... so I'm sure someone else could explain it better, but that's the best I could find with a google search.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10886311 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Shavod is Polish him/herself. He/she/it/they/zie/zim/zer has alluded to it several times in the past.

At any rate, it's a neat little cultural quirk. It definitely sounds cool.

On topic... The pictures you posted were very interesting. Obviously they probably aren't actual concept art for the game, but it clearly shows CDPR's artists' talent, and that's always a plus in my book. Concept artists are underrated - they're the ones who bring our favorite characters from ideas to tangible beings, alongside the animators who give them "life."

I hope we start to see more concept art prior to release. I'm a sucker for the stuff. I love the "painterly" vibe a lot of concept art gives off.

EUREKA!!!! What if the FPS mechanics is only in the Cyberspace sections of the game?

I was considering something like this. Since "Braindancing" is a thing...it would make sense that you could create some pretty intrigue-heavy story-telling if FPP was used to mask the identity of the person whose memories you were experiencing. I.e. the game would lead you to believe that you were seeing the memories of one person...but then the player would piece together that it was actually someone else later on... Let the chills begin.

Suhiira;n10884711 said:
Yeah, enemies shouldn't "scale", they're as tough as they are, Period. Use a different type of opponent or add more of them to make an encounter more difficult. Why the hell would a street thug become something the Special Forces would fear just because my character became more skilled at what they do?

Yep! I look to the old Might and Magic games (especially VI and VII) or games like the original Halo for how they introduce set enemies with set abilities, then use that rather small pool to create memorable, set-piece battles.

Snowflakez;n10886491 said:
m pretty sure Shavod is Polish him/herself. He/she

I hope we start to see more concept art prior to release.

If CDPR follows Bethesda footsteps then we will. Bethesda released a concept art every week along with a countdown just a month before Fallout 4 got presented at E3.

EUREKA!!!!

What if the FPS mechanics is only in the Cyberspace sections of the game?

Funny thing, I was re-watching the Dev Studio tour review MQ and Triple S did earlier this year and they showed the poster w/ Alt on it. And it included an item I glossed over last time: the "Two Open Worlds" item

On these boards we talk about NC a lot, but have we discussed the Net? Is it the second open world? Thinking about the Net made me wonder if the 3-D movement jobs we saw were for coding Netrunners "Flying" through the Net, not for hover cars.(Or maybe both) My other thinking was that only Netrunners really spent any time in there (in PnP version) Would they build a second open world that only Netrunners visit? I wouldn't think so (ROI issue). Also doesn't Netcom take a dim view of folks dropping data fortresses randomly? I guess it could be a smaller open world than NC, but if it isn't the second open world, what is?

Tieco;n10887651 said:
Funny thing, I was re-watching the Dev Studio tour review MQ and Triple S did earlier this year and they showed the poster w/ Alt on it. And it included an item I glossed over last time: the "Two Open Worlds" item

On these boards we talk about NC a lot, but have we discussed the Net? Is it the second open world? Thinking about the Net made me wonder if the 3-D movement jobs we saw were for coding Netrunners "Flying" through the Net, not for hover cars.(Or maybe both) My other thinking was that only Netrunners really spent any time in there (in PnP version) Would they build a second open world that only Netrunners visit? I wouldn't think so (ROI issue). Also doesn't Netcom take a dim view of folks dropping data fortresses randomly? I guess it could be a smaller open world than NC, but if it isn't the second open world, what is?

I think the second open world is assumed my most people to be the wastelands surrounding NC.

Tieco;n10887651 said:

i would still prefer netrunning to be puzzle based but we'll see.

Top Bottom