The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
4meg;n9751561 said:
It looks interesting, but I'd have to buy a PS4 to play it.

You should buy the Nintendo Switch because it is better than PS4 and XBOX ONE combined. You can play switch with your friends, you can customize your switch and hell you can even play Zelda with your friends.

Nintendo Switch fucking sucks.

Rawls;n9750591 said:
Is anybody else here interested in playing Detroit: Become Human? Looks like it may be pretty cool. Gameplay wise it won't be much (like all Quantic Dream games) but the branching narratives and subject matter have me intrigued.

Yes I am. Might be enough reason to get a PS4.

Sardukhar;n9755211 said:
Yes I am. Might be enough reason to get a PS4.

There's never a good reason to get a console.

Personal Computers are the future. Invest in the future Sardukhar.

Excuse my quadruple post awhile back... Kept giving me error messages. apparently it was on my end.

Anyhow... I read something about Star Citizen in some post somewhere (was awhile ago) and was wondering if anyone had caught their progress for the next big update. I've been following it for a few years now, but this was astonishing to me. Anyone got $1000 dollars laying around so I can build a rig that can play the game and give it justice?

BjornTheBandit;n9769871 said:
Excuse my quadruple post awhile back... Kept giving me error messages. apparently it was on my end.

Anyhow... I read something about Star Citizen in some post somewhere (was awhile ago) and was wondering if anyone had caught their progress for the next big update. I've been following it for a few years now, but this was astonishing to me. Anyone got $1000 dollars laying around so I can build a rig that can play the game and give it justice?

$1000? A rig for that price won't boot the game loader for something like Star Citizen. Your graphics card alone will cost nearly that much.

4meg;n9772541 said:
$1000? A rig for that price won't boot the game loader for something like Star Citizen. Your graphics card alone will cost nearly that much.

One day... when I'm not working for crackers and cheese... and have advanced into an actual career.

I think someone in my house is screwin with me... I keep hearing whispered explosion noises like "fshew" But every single time it sounds identical, like a recording over and over. And earlier, I heard some weird noise that sounded like tires spinning on wet pavement, ending with a clunk. Both of these noises I've NEVER heard in my house before, and I'm getting a bit paranoid.

Guest 4149880

Neuronin;n9755271 said:
There's never a good reason to get a console.

Personal Computers are the future. Invest in the future Sardukhar.

BjornTheBandit;n9769871 said:

Is the game ever going to actually be released? Looks more like a glorified tech demo, albeit an impressive one.

BeastModeIron;n9791681 said:
Is the game ever going to actually be released? Looks more like a glorified tech demo, albeit an impressive one.

Why release it when people will simply throw money at you simply for working on it? Seems like the perfect business model for any game develop... er, forget I said anything.

BeastModeIron;n9791681 said:

Oh, it's playable enough. Fun fighter battles, so-so deathmatch, open-world play growing steadily. Still no convincing story-game, but we'll see.

The thing about open development is, people see and complain about progress or choices.

The thing about closed development is, people don't see and complain about progress or choices.

Damn that's cool. I also read one time that there's an experimental prosthetic "heart" that doesn't beat. It has little turbines in it that smoothly and silently circulate blood. I wish I could remember where the article was... So the man they successfully did a heart transplant on is medically dead, because he has no heartbeat. the only thing I'd worry about is something going wrong in it and pushing too much too fast, increasing blood pressure beyond safe limits and bursting vessels. But hey, I guess that risk is better than being already dead, eh?

tonight, my ears feast on Genesis - Selling England by the Pound.
Inspirational, truly. I've always loved intelligence in music, and this is dripping with it. And as a former music major, it's gratifying to hear something that isn't the same recycled 4 chords over and over and over and over

I knew this guy at University who always had a towel tied about his neck like a cape, never wore anything but a short sleeve black t-shirt with black fingerless gloves and faded jeans too big for him. And he went literally EVERYWHERE on one of those push scooters.

I just realized how much respect I've always held for him. Odd.

Guest 4149880

And this is for all those who believe that people can't bring change to the gaming industry when shit inevitably hits the fan. I've stated time and again that if people get pushed enough, they will push back and then enters the latest brilliant disaster Battlefront 2 and the war on micro-transactions. I love seeing this happen, it truly warms my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom