The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Moderator's reminder: Ach. Guess what. It's time to pull out those Forum Regulations again:
it is prohibited to:
  • write about political and world-view topics; this does not apply to discussions about topics connected with the worlds depicted in the CDPR products
Ay. This can include Net Neutrality. So, please, tread very lightly, and avoid dragging discussions into criticisms or rants about anyone's national politics.

Otherwise, we'll have to shut things down, sweep the floor, beat the carpets, hang new drapes, and rearrange the flowers.

Anyone here understand statistics very well? I just got a 71% on my final and I'm upset, so I need ya'll to lie and tell me it's really difficult time and space magic and that a 71 is pretty good

BjornTheBandit;n9994141 said:
Anyone here understand statistics very well? I just got a 71% on my final and I'm upset, so I need ya'll to lie and tell me it's really difficult time and space magic and that a 71 is pretty good

do you know what anyone else got on the test? is it on a curve? I've had a few classes where everyone technically "failed" because the instructor got off being benevolent and curving things to "let" us pass.

eraser7278;n9994181 said:
do you know what anyone else got on the test? is it on a curve? I've had a few classes where everyone technically "failed" because the instructor got off being benevolent and curving things to "let" us pass.

That's something I'll look into. It would be fitting for a statistics instructor to use a curve hehe

Snowflakez;n9992941 said:
Hah! No, my avatar is something my girlfriend put together for me since she knows I'm into Cyberpunk stuff.
Snowflakez;n9992941 said:
my girlfriend

How much is required to pass? What is the average percentage taken by students from your uni/state/country? Was the final based on itself or on the whole year?

The average to pass in my country goes from 60% to 70% in some places. Funny that the unis that require 70% to pass have lots of people giving up...

I would offer advice ... but Statistics is the only college course I got a C in. Also ... it was the last math class I ever took. The best I can offer is ... one C does not a University career ruin.

Rawls;n9997631 said:
I would offer advice ... but Statistics is the only college course I got a C in. Also ... it was the last math class I ever took. The best I can offer is ... one C does not a University career ruin.

Ain't you a lawyer? I mean, if that's the best you could get...good for you, buddy! That C was fine!

Sardukhar;n9998451 said:
Ain't you a lawyer? I mean, if that's the best you could get...good for you, buddy! That C was fine!
Yeah you start mixing letters into my numbers and I get all confused. I only need to be people to count the number of years people get sentenced to. Lack of math is one of the ancillary perks of the job ...

Lisbeth_Salander;n9997361 said:

Ah, I forgot, everybody on the internet is a 600lb basement-dweller with an anime girlfriend. ;) For what it's worth, we met on WoW and moved in together a few years ago, so we're both super geeky.

Also, a 71 seems fine to me. That was above a passing grade for me in College and High School (D was the minimuim). Getting straight 70s isn't ideal, but if it's a one or two-time thing...

EDIT: In other news, I was watching the FTC vote, it just passed - 3 ayes, 2 dissenting. God bless the commissioners that voted no. Smart ladies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom