New Starter Decks and old players left out

+
New Starter Decks and old players left out

Starter Deck change happened and new players will start with different decks, what is more, correct me if I am wrong, players who kept Starter decks in their deck list, got them changed and I can only assume got all the new cards in the new Starter decks for free.

Why are long time players who deleted or modified Starter decks got left out?

It would be only fair for all players to get all cards different between old and new Starter decks.

SrdjanB;n10111131 said:
players who kept Starter decks in their deck list, got them changed and I can only assume got all the new cards in the new Starter decks for free.

No, they didn't.

SrdjanB;n10111131 said:
It would be only fair for all players to get all cards different between old and new Starter decks.

The new starter decks have the same amount of gold and silver cards. In the end, it matters little. And you cannot give existing players all the cards because that would be unfair.

4RM3D;n10112091 said:
No, they didn't.

The new starter decks have the same amount of gold and silver cards. In the end, it matters little. And you cannot give existing players all the cards because that would be unfair.

OK, didn't know that, misunderstood it, assumed wrong evidentely.

I know, and gold/silvers weren't that changed, but bronzes did. Yeah in scrap value existing players would be privileged but if you look from standpoint of new Starters being more competitive and newer it makes no sense that players don't have Starter cards.

You and me will manage it, but imagine having made account two weeks ago, you still have next to nothing, but players starting after patch have much better Starter decks full of recent and competitive cards.

There's no way to alter the starter decks without someone "suffering" because of it. Cannot give extra cards, cannot remove existing cards (even just to replace them), cannot refund scraps and/or dust; all of those would be be guaranteed to be considered unfair by someone.

Doing nothing isn't exactly ideal either, but IMO it is the best option. Players signing up at different times cannot always expect to be on equal ground, considering the game is in a phase where even massive changes are still being made.

RidiculousName;n10115061 said:
There's no way to alter the starter decks without someone "suffering" because of it. Cannot give extra cards, cannot remove existing cards (even just to replace them), cannot refund scraps and/or dust; all of those would be be guaranteed to be considered unfair by someone.

Doing nothing isn't exactly ideal either, but IMO it is the best option. Players signing up at different times cannot always expect to be on equal ground, considering the game is in a phase where even massive changes are still being made.

I don't see any suffering in giving those new cards to old players, but seeing how Faction Challenges turned out I now what you are referring to.

My argument is that new players can't complain that old players got some new cards for free because they also got them for free. Old players would have got more cards for free in Starter decks in aggregate, but they are the old players, they played game much longer and in my opinion it is always better to aim to please old players who already invested so much time (and money) in the game by erring in their side in "no way to please everyone" equation.

That is my opinion, and I hope other players share it, and also that CDPR will see validity of my argument and give the cards.

InkognitoXI;n10116062 said:
Old players had plenty of time to get a lot more, including titles.

Yeah, but they played ie invested their time for it.

It is not good comparison.

SrdjanB;n10116152 said:
Yeah, but they played ie invested their time for it.

It is not good comparison.

They are not thrown into an environment of already experienced and prepared players.

As someone with older starters and comparing to my brother's newer cards, I wouldn't trade cards. Granted I didn't get Roach and a few of the 'new' golds. The newer players get the same number of starter cards of various rarities and are missing some of the cards in the older set. For all those people complaining about deck variety, the different starters lead to different decks being built by newer players when they start in the game which can only be a positive

Last edited:
Top Bottom