Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
registered on forum yesterday. Red so much stuff about dworfs that im no sick of them. It's my favorite fantasy race, i build the deck, never ever seen any netdeck, and now i got to know its somehow OP. its sad :(

I don't GG NG. It's not a "good game" when you know all the cards I have in my hand and deck and can pull them easier than I can. It's not a GG when you can pick a card you don't like and can put all copies of that card in my graveyard completely removing my win condition. It's not a good game when you can use a card to drain two of my highest cards with that cheap Letho card and claim "it takes setup" lol. I milled all my NG cards because I simply hate that trash faction. The whole design of it is op and unfair. I'd feel guilty playing that faction myself.

Everyone else I GG other than Nova sometimes because it's just as cheap a win many times. In short, I GG when I feel it was a good game and not someone exploiting the inability of the devs to balance the game.

I would not say that Ciri Nova is OP, you got to create whole decks around her, a lot of combos depends of having 3 copy and I rarely lose to it (always pushing with couple of decks for 2-0 and waiting to use scorch.

I always give GG, I got nothing to lose.

More often than not I get a GG when I play my homebrew decks. Give people an interesting game and they will be more likely to GG. Like wise, why should I expect other players to pretend it's a GG if I play a deck they've seen a million times before and they don't have a good time playing against it?

if you're not getting gg's you're playing a netdeck that someone else created and is probably over powered. I don't GG unless it was a GG and I respec my opponents deck.

I never gg 5 things. Sweers, any SC net deck. Any NG net deck. Any player who let's the 30 second timer show (unless the situation is really complicated.) Any weather card used.

featherlace;n10436662 said:
I guess we're all humans.

correct. and lots of humans in the anonymity behave toxic. on a tournament or public game nobody would refuse to give the opponent a GG, no matter what deck he played etc. etc. ... but on internet you can behave like an ape without fearing consequences.

everybody who refuses it is just a bad loser or winner, period.

Wonderboy8700;n10440542 said:
[SNIP] any SC net deck. Any NG net deck. [/SNIP]

So how do you tell when oppo is using a net deck?
Genuine question as I tend to build all my own decks (this for me is about 80% of the fun in Gwent right now) and some of them (ST movement for example) look a lot like decks that are posted on places like gwentdb.com or gwentify.com, but could that be because ST movement as an archetype has a fairly limited card pool to draw from? Or is it because I've just seen a list somewhere and thought: that'll do for me?
Same with NG spies - the archetype is well designed, has a fairly limited card pool that all synergise and work well together and so on, and all of which look like decks posted on the net somewhere.... so how do you tell?

People who play Nova and people who, even when they've left you with 0 cards and they have three won't pass the turn but will continue playing just for overkill

x1Cygnus;n10440732 said:
So how do you tell when oppo is using a net deck?
Genuine question as I tend to build all my own decks (this for me is about 80% of the fun in Gwent right now) and some of them (ST movement for example) look a lot like decks that are posted on places like gwentdb.com or gwentify.com, but could that be because ST movement as an archetype has a fairly limited card pool to draw from? Or is it because I've just seen a list somewhere and thought: that'll do for me?
Same with NG spies - the archetype is well designed, has a fairly limited card pool that all synergise and work well together and so on, and all of which look like decks posted on the net somewhere.... so how do you tell?

I tell because I play the 3 rounds that are needed to complete the game, and I use my memory/card log to keep track of what is played. I do not know whether a person created a deck based on the internet, or watching others, or just had an inspiration. To use an easy cliche, it does not matter who wore the dress first, if I have seen it 8,000 times in the last 24 hours, I am still going to be sick of it. A good game is when two people play well and a result is reached. A great game is played when deck diversity is involved. I reward great games, I may even reward good games, but having the same game over and over (plug and play decks,) is bad and I don't reward it.

Funky69;n10440692 said:
correct. and lots of humans in the anonymity behave toxic. on a tournament or public game nobody would refuse to give the opponent a GG, no matter what deck he played etc. etc. ... but on internet you can behave like an ape without fearing consequences.

everybody who refuses it is just a bad loser or winner, period.

I don't agree with that and I think it's just strange how people consider not giving a GG as being toxic.
It's kinda like peoples who think conceiding is raging...you're getting that wrong. It's just acknowledging your game loss and save your time (and your opponent's) for another game (instead of wasting it playing a game that's already lost anyway).

Strangely enough, in MTG, not conceiding the game is usually what is considered bad mannering, simply because the way this game is made, playing some match ups/game plan to the very last card can take an insane amount of time (think about Lantern control for example or Splinter twins when it was still playable on morden...thanks god you don't fight against those decks unitl they kill actually deliver the final blow, it would be ridiculous otherwise.).

Not giving a GG is on the same page, a lot of people think that their opponent is raging when they don't receive a GG back but it can be just your opponent considering the game they played against you didn't worth it...Which is totally fine, GG basically give nothing relevant in term of reward anyway, you might as well use it as a way of rewarding your opponent when you liked their game/deck rather than something you just give to litterally anyone.

Last edited:
GenLiu;n10443142 said:
Strangely enough, in MTG, not conceiding the game is usually what is considered bad mannering, simply because the way this game is made, playing some match ups/game plan to the very last card can take an insane amount of time (think about Lantern control for example or Splinter twins when it was still playable on morden...thanks god you don't fight against those decks unitl they kill actually deliver the final blow, it would be ridiculous otherwise.).
great point actually.

GenLiu;n10443142 said:
I don't agree with that and I think it's just strange how people consider not giving a GG as being toxic.
neither i ... i meant toxic in general, flaming in games forums etc.

I tried to be a philanthorpist, I used to GG every game, regardless.... but now?

Spam emotes? No GG for you
Press for the R2 win after winning R1 in casual? No GG for you
Play some T1 Ladder netdeck in casual? No GG for you
Waste my time by continuing to play cards R3 after I passed while losing? No GG for you

Why? simple... I'm not going to reward people for being dicks. I don't care about winning or losing, hell I regularly forfeit casual games I'm winning if my opponent is less than half my XP level. I do care about things being fun.

Void_Singer;n10447412 said:
I tried to be a philanthorpist, I used to GG every game, regardless.... but now?

Spam emotes? No GG for you
Press for the R2 win after winning R1 in casual? No GG for you
Play some T1 Ladder netdeck in casual? No GG for you
Waste my time by continuing to play cards R3 after I passed while losing? No GG for you

Why? simple... I'm not going to reward people for being dicks. I don't care about winning or losing, hell I regularly forfeit casual games I'm winning if my opponent is less than half my XP level. I do care about things being fun.

I agree with all of your points except for one.
"Press for the R2 win after winning R1 in casual? No GG for you"

When I understand your feeling and yes, it's kinda being a dick, it's not really the fault of the player but more of the way the game works right now (with the card advantage issue for example).
Again, I'm agree that it's annoying to lose R2 because your opponent pressed like a b#%^ but at the same time, it's the way you play the game. It's very difficult to ask someone to simply drop the game just to let their opponent having fun. It's a bit like asking a consume player not to eat his Nekkers with his Arachas queen on R3. Yes, it's dirty and yes, it's extremely unfair and annoying to lose against but that's the way the game currently works and there is not much your opponent can do about that.

Funky69;n10445902 said:
neither i ... i meant toxic in general, flaming in games forums etc.

I understand what you mean but when it's true that some people are simply toxic it's also easy to mistaken about someone's real intentions too.
And that's the big drawback with the internet, since you don't see the person you're talking too you don't know if said person is serious, jocking, pissed ect

We all have a different way of expressing ourselves depending on our age, education, culture ect and some person can sound harsher than some others not because they want to be offensive but simply because this is the way they express themselves in everyday life.

For example, now I know you feel that way, I will make sure to be softer when I'm talking to you because I fully respect you and don't want to hurt your feelings. Because at the end of the day, we're a group of people having the same interest about a game, that alone should be a good reason to be as nice as we can with each other.

But again, I agree with you, some people can't help but being offensive, which is annoying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom