Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
I dont GG anyone using Nova or Wardancer.

Both are ridiculously broken, terribly designed cards and shouldnt be rewarded for being abused.

I used to gg every game, as I've said before, but I keep adding to the things I won't GG for. The game's very frustrating these days. It's not surprising people GG less.

Ciri Nova's the biggest. Stupid card that does too much for far too little.

Last edited:
GenLiu;n10448832 said:
[...]
When I understand your feeling and yes, it's kinda being a dick, it's not really the fault of the player but more of the way the game works right now (with the card advantage issue for example).
Again, I'm agree that it's annoying to lose R2 because your opponent pressed like a b#%^ but at the same time, it's the way you play the game. It's very difficult to ask someone to simply drop the game just to let their opponent having fun.
[...]
I look at it as with it being casual they can afford to let the opponent have a gimme R2 while winning so the opponent at least isn't grinding for nothing... the R1 winner still gets at least turn advantage, and usually +1 card advantage.. mind you a don't mean bleeding a few cards from the opponent, I mean serious attempts to capture 2 in a row. I might see an exception if the losing opponent is obviously playing some BS Pro Ladder Netdeck (again, this is casual only) and they got lucky.. they really don't deserve any mercy = D

on Ranked I immediately turn off emotes and GG everything but time wasting, because it's supposed to be cut throat, so I try to make it a little nicer

Void_Singer;n10452222 said:
I look at it as with it being casual they can afford to let the opponent have a gimme R2 while winning so the opponent at least isn't grinding for nothing... the R1 winner still gets at least turn advantage, and usually +1 card advantage.. mind you a don't mean bleeding a few cards from the opponent, I mean serious attempts to capture 2 in a row. I might see an exception if the losing opponent is obviously playing some BS Pro Ladder Netdeck (again, this is casual only) and they got lucky.. they really don't deserve any mercy = D

on Ranked I immediately turn off emotes and GG everything but time wasting, because it's supposed to be cut throat, so I try to make it a little nicer

I turn off emotes too, in fact I turn them off all the time (Ranked or casual, just the same for me) since I don't think they bring a whole lot to the experience and are mainly used to taunt other people.

I also share your opinion about tiers one netdeck shenanigans on Casual, especially because this format is kind of a making a break when you still want to play more Gwent but had enough of Ranked for the day. It's even to a point when I consider that being disrespectful, at least for me personaly.

Sorry as a new player (I just started playing a couple of days ago) I am facing the same 3-4 decks on ladder trying to climb up and getting some rewards. It almost never feels like a GG so why should I send him a GG in the first place.
Unfortunatelly this term is commonly overused and misused by esports aswell and the true meaning of GG got lost imo. It means GoodGame simply. It is being spammed in chat at the end of every match in esports but why ? If you get stomped or the game was really one-sided it is not a GG.

It has nothing to do with "no sportsmanship" - I give you a little example:

As I already stated as a new player I am facing the same decks and much higher quality cards on my ranks for whatever reason. Getting stomped sometimes because I am forced to make decks with the standard cards I was given. I am getting emote spammed for whatever reason and BMed by turn roping when enemy is winning.
I would compare it to a boxxing fight where one guy weighs 100kg and the other guy weighs 70kg and getting literally stomped and afterwards being mocked. That's pretty much my situation atm until I am able to get better cards. So please explain why should I ever give a GG simply ?

I bet 50% of the people here in the forums who are complaining about not getting these 5 extra scraps are using meta decks the whole time and have high quality cards. You got your meta decks, go play ranked and stop crying please ... OR if you really want those 5 extra scraps maybe play some underdog deck ?

Last edited:
Usually there used to be 2 main reasons for me not to GG:
-using meta decks or OP strategies that need nerfing
-spamming taunts / emotes

Now i dont GG when the opponent does both. I mean, here i am, trying to create something new, never before seen with my deck, while you're using something already perfected and simple to use and still have the audacity to spam taunts, as if winning by a large margin instantly means you're a more talented player? Please.

Shadow-Stalker;n10453452 said:
I outright refuse to give a reward to anyone playing a deck they found off a website, youtube, this forum.

You get the idea.

So I bet you either use you a deck with uderdog cards that you nowhere ever can find on the internet not even in the dark web OR you use like many others a meta deck but mocking others for doing so. That's erhm yea ... let's say it with some kind words "twisted logic".

Question before i make my comment about the topic. #1 Is it normal to beat a level 97 player and I'm level 14 lol? he almost came back, i had 89 and he had 80. he was down like 40 points and pull out a card and manage to get up to 80, luckily i had a good last card. I'm shocked that i won, considering i lost 13 games in a row before that one haha.

Anyways, to answer the OP question. After losing 10 games - 13 games in a row i don't want to give out give good games. Especially when the player instead of just passing when he's up, rubs it in your face more by playing and finishing up his whole deck and he has like 143 points and i only have 20 points. I only give good games when its a "good game" for both of us.

CelebrityGamer;n10454142 said:
Is it normal to beat a level 97 player and I'm level 14 lol?
Of course it's normal. Nobody is secures from crappy draws, or play testing a new deck without perfected synergy.

CelebrityGamer;n10454142 said:
Especially when the player instead of just passing when he's up, rubs it in your face more by playing and finishing up his whole deck and he has like 143 points and i only have 20 points.
That's why there's a forfeit option. Don't watch it, just forfeit as soon as you know you cannot win. It's saving a lot of time too.

I can't believe this thread is still going on since the closed beta. Took a break when it went open beta and this is still a thing -_-

Thread now has 1k posts

I really hate it when I pass and my opponent keeps playing cards even though they've basically won. It's really annoying and it shows a lack of good sportsmanship in my opinion. I absolutely hate losing against Weather and Nova decks though, you won't get a gg from me if you use too much weather. I mean, Hazards. Unless it's like Blood Moon or Pit Trap. I'm pretty picky. :p

Tbh most of the time I don't gg is because I don't get the option for it! Sometimes I really want to gg but there's no button. :(

However more recently I have made a decision to not gg if I see Ciri:Nova last card finisher after losing card advantage. Yeah might be a bit petty of me but I'm fed up with it.

Scraps

Come on guys - don't be so stingy with the scraps.
Some of you just want to get on to the next game but don't pass along scraps. I find many of those guilty of this have some pretty high end decks.
You must be impatient with my slower pace of playing. If that's the case - don't play in casual.

Side Note: What's with the 'Cahir Dyffryn' card? '"Resurrect a Leader"
Are you kidding me. That's about as overkill as can get,no?

Top Bottom