x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First impression of new patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me is pretty refreshing and i really enjoyed it! i quited gwent one month ago because it becomed boring, but now is refreshing.

Comment

I'll agree that monsters is definitely the easiest faction to play last patch and it's carryovered to this patch. Monsters are still very powerful with little thought into a strategy because it works well without much critical thinking. The new patch has me not favoring any monster LEADER though.

Comment

I mean there's more than two decks atm, but let's see how long that lasts. After playing all day Scoia'tael has had the biggest showing for me (which I'm also playing). Close behind that is Monster, which honestly is either a good match up for my list or is just underwhelming in general.

After that I've seen a lot of NR, a bit of SK, and just a couple Nilfegaards.

I've been enjoying ladder, but that's mostly because spella'tael is playable atm and I love that list.

Comment

There are so many changes that it is hard to process. I genuinely look forward to all the deck experimentation that will come over the next couple weeks. That diversity and creativity that comes when things are fresh is great. A lot of cards are way stronger than before and a lot of cards have been nerfed to the garbage bin. I really hate the change to gold cards though. That maybe the thing that kills the game for me. Time will tell.

Comment

Vrihedd Officer has also become ridiculous. A bronze card that I've yet to see played under 10 power, without requiring any setup or synergy cards, offering a lot of utility with almost no risk. Does this actually seem reasonable to anyone?
            Last edited by Braunschweiger; 30-08-17, 02:44.

Comment

Hey, monsters are (still) OP, who would've guessed?

Comment

For the most part I enjoy the changes. There are a lot more viable deck options, including Deathwish and Wild Hunt builds for Monsters. Allowing gold to be effected also makes the game a lot more dynamic and less static.

However, Tremors is broken for a bronze special card. It should be a silver for what it does as it can create some huge power swings compared to its peers. I had one match earlier where a Scoia'tael player used Eithne and Sages to play Tremors 7 times, resulting in a mass of golems! The golem effect needs to be removed or it needs to be made a silver to prevent such abuse. Another option would be to nerf the golem it creates, as was done for the Arachas Behemoth spawns and Harpy egg spawns.

Comment

mulligan and NG spies are awesome, thats all i tried so far. but it looks promising.

Comment

Gotta agree, NG Spies have a lot more goodies to play with. Quite enjoying it so far. Will probably try Mulligan next, a lot of new stuffs to try out

Comment

Some bronzes on Skellige and Scoia are tuned wayy too strong. Being able to mill a card and boost it by the base strength is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Zack723 View Post
                        For the most part I enjoy the changes. There are a lot more viable deck options, including Deathwish and Wild Hunt builds for Monsters. Allowing gold to be effected also makes the game a lot more dynamic and less static.

However, Tremors is broken for a bronze special card. It should be a silver for what it does as it can create some huge power swings compared to its peers. I had one match earlier where a Scoia'tael player used Eithne and Sages to play Tremors 7 times, resulting in a mass of golems! The golem effect needs to be removed or it needs to be made a silver to prevent such abuse. Another option would be to nerf the golem it creates, as was done for the Arachas Behemoth spawns and Harpy egg spawns.
                        Oh yes. Had this happen to me as well. Only 5 times though. So I dropped first round like an idiot and as a result ended up with a topdeck 3rd round scenario. That didn't go well with the carryover they managed to pull of.

The Mercenary getting "nerfed" to 1 point really enables this to cause some headaches.

Comment

It is same mistake over and over again,so monsters weather i can have 3 clear skies that are 0 points and they can spawn weather all time that give them points,and my cards get destroyed nice job really

Comment

Originally posted by Karolis.petrikas View Post
                            Gotta love the absolute shitstorm gwent is in right now. Loving the screams and shouts, moans and cries. Please continue the shenanigans, my popcorn and beers are ready.
                            You have to change your avatar. That one's not in style anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post

You have to change your avatar. That one's not in style anymore.
                              ok. I'll let you pick one for me. PM
                              A true gwentleman doesn't take offence on a troll, cause troll is whom smashes his barrelsTM

Comment

Originally posted by Mau_91 View Post
                                I think it will suck if they keep changing things like this constantly, like we were all waiting for new cards and minor changed and got almost a completely new game, I had to throw out every single deck I had and start over, this is gonna be a pain in the ass if done constantly
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X