Actually, no.
TheShift;n9503451 said:
Nice..lol
I have all monsters premium x3 bronze
I have all neutral premiums most x3 bronze
Full Skellige deck x3 bronze 20% premium
Almost Full Scoiatael x3 bronze 20% premium missing some golds

on the ps4

I have 12k scraps and some kegs on pc 8)
With the base cards and I think most monsters
I'd have to check..I forget
I went the different way: all Dwarves, Dragons, Wild Hunt, Mages, Witchers, Scoia, Spies, Locks, Legendary, etc.

I dont get it? Why all the hate against play to win? Every game developer has costs which they have to recoup. In fact it is a cut throat industry and developers fold every year or they get swallowed up by the big publishers.

Enter CDPR, as noble a game developer as any. They didnt even plan on making Gwent a stand alone game but did it in response to the positive reception the mini game in the WItcher 3 received. So they developed it into a full on CCG. That takes time and money. Are they just supposed to make it all free? Of course not. They have set up a very generous reward system that provides cards with a bit of a grind. As for those people who dont have the patience, or are new to the game and want to build up a collection fast, they have the option of spending money to get more cards. This will give them a stronger pool to choose from to build decks. So technically speaking, spending money does provide more opportunities to win, granted a person knows the game and how to play their deck. But no one is forcing them to spend anything.

At any rate, no CCG maker just gives all the cards away for nothing. Its either going to take a lot of time, a lot of money, or a split between the two. It boggles my mind that some people dont get this and just end up lambasting CDPR for not handing them the entire collection day one.

Mnorojo;n9503901 said:
I dont get it? Why all the hate against play to win? Every game developer has costs which they have to recoup. In fact it is a cut throat industry and developers fold every year or they get swallowed up by the big publishers.

Enter CDPR, as noble a game developer as any. They didnt even plan on making Gwent a stand alone game but did it in response to the positive reception the mini game in the WItcher 3 received. So they developed it into a full on CCG. That takes time and money. Are they just supposed to make it all free? Of course not. They have set up a very generous reward system that provides cards with a bit of a grind. As for those people who dont have the patience, or are new to the game and want to build up a collection fast, they have the option of spending money to get more cards. This will give them a stronger pool to choose from to build decks. So technically speaking, spending money does provide more opportunities to win, granted a person knows the game and how to play their deck. But no one is forcing them to spend anything.

At any rate, no CCG maker just gives all the cards away for nothing. Its either going to take a lot of time, a lot of money, or a split between the two. It boggles my mind that some people dont get this and just end up lambasting CDPR for not handing them the entire collection day one.

P2W stands for *pay to win* although i dont know how acquiring all the cards with real money will help you get to rank 21 lets say.But ofc the devs have to make some money since its a free game after all.And im very gratefull to CDPR,because i was also one of the many to beg them make Gwent a standalone game.

Okay, everyone... Few posts deleted. Let's focus on the topic, which was the question "Do you often buy kegs with real money".

Be nice, no insulting others. Even if you disagree with someone, be polite.

And please keep your posts constructive.

Raunbjorn

HenryGrosmont;n9503141 said:
I'm getting close to "premium" my whole collection... on one platform:look:

Man, if all my cards were premium it would distract me too much to actually make decisions lol. Especially some cards... ;)

No. I never bought into microtransactions and I never will. On top of that, the kegs are incredibly overpriced.

Now, I respect CDPR and what they're doing, but I won't drop my standards (for the lack of a better word) for one of my favorite devs. Their F2P system is generous enough and I know that's why people support them even though they actually don't need the scrap/cards. I just won't buy microtransactions, forced or not.

I will support them by buying the campaign. I feel like that's well deserved.

P.S.

The starter pack is good value, compared to standard card packs.

amircheme;n9500231 said:
Sounds like a pay-to-win game. Dear developer, please do something and don't be like other devs.
Whatever you are smoking right now must be some strong sht bro.

As for the question of the topic, i did purchased the starter pack (because the value is too good). I don't plan to purchase kegs (because i dislike how it's similar to a gamble) but i will definitely purchase the single player campaign that will get released soon.

Guest 4021160

DMaster2;n9505461 said:
Whatever you are smoking right now must be some strong sht bro.

in his defence i'd like to say.
Someone else has mentioned before that it is his first day. So we probably have someone new to the game.

Also, the efficiency of how moderators reacted to my initial message towards him suggests to me it was flagged. Most likely by him as well. It's just dead give away of a newcomer.

The load to take in at the beginning is tremendous. It's easy to confuse gwent with other pay to win games as amount of f*** given towards him was zip. Like everywhere else.

So here's some lovin mr. newcomer. Find me in game (same name), I'll teach you the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwent is one of my favourite games so I am happy to buy kegs up to the cost of a game e.g £40 or so. Ditto with Rocket League extras as that was free with PS Plus and I play a lot so feel its justified.

Karolis.petrikas;n9505571 said:
i his defence i'd like to say.
Someone else has mentioned before that it is his first day. So we probably have someone new to the game.

Also, the efficiency of how moderators reacted to my initial message towards him suggests to me it was flagged. Most likely by him as well. It's just dead give away of a newcomer.

The load to take in at the beginning is tremendous. It's easy to confuse gwent with other pay to win games as amount of f*** given towards him was zip. Like everywhere else.

So here's some lovin mr. newcomer. Find me in game (same name), I'll teach you the basics.

The game can be pay2win when you're starting out. If a player who started the same day as you gets kegs, he has an advantage. Even if he doesn't get cards he wants, he gets scraps to craft a few cards he needs. At that low level, jst one gold can make a huge difference.

As to how generous the system is; I'm a free2play casual player (don't play every day). At the start of OB I milled all factions, leaders included, bar Monsters and Nilfgaard. I now have all available Nilfgaard archetypes, one full ST deck (including having to craft the leader) and a bunch of other cards for other factions. Tl;dr. my collection's coming along nicely.

So while it's frustrating going against level 5 players with full meta decks (could be gotten through milling), amircheme needs to give it time. You can't expect to get a full meta deck 5 days in.

Games like this are definitely not pay to win. More like, pay to get the full experience. Since it's absolutely free otherwise, I don't see a problem with this.

That being said, I love CDPR's generosity - the amount and rate of cards/resources you can earn for FREE in this game is stunning. Their Witcher 3 expansions had a similar approach. For that reason, I dropped ~$200 USD on this game, as a thank you (and for the sweet game experience of course)

Would consider spending more if they stay on the path and don't stoop to sleazy cash grabs - which actually, the cost of meteorite dust is borderline.

Hydrahead;n9504521 said:
Man, if all my cards were premium it would distract me too much to actually make decisions lol. Especially some cards... ;)
You mean like this one

I have purchased the starter pack, and i will probably spend few more euro on cegs ... maybe 20-30-50 at best as i like to support the game and get some extra extra as i play casually and i like to have few extra cards as i dont really have much time to play. But to be honest i just want to point out that everything in the store specifically cegs are a bit to expensive for my taste and mind you i dont mind spending money on things i enjoy or devs i like to support, with this being said i think if the store is bit cheaper you might get more customers, and customers might be willing to spend more like my self to be honest.

Top Bottom