The "new" spawn ability on leaders

+
The "new" spawn ability on leaders

There I was, hoped for some great new leaders and then I saw the keyword on them and was disappointed. RNG on leaders? I don't get it...

If they're for the new upcoming game mode in the future, why are they introduced by CDPR now? These new leaders will not see play in ranked or pro ladder at all in the higher bracket.

I hoped for some more diversity due to leaders, but I agree that they don't really seem that usefull probably won't be used that much. Also their artwork seems off compared to the existing leaders.
I also wonder, what will happen to Eredins spawn ability.

Raunbjorn

Kinda disappointed that all the cards are either gold, silver or rare quality. I hope that last cards they reveal are commons. If not then what a way to fuck over the players lol.

Rng on leaders is bs, Harald is bad enough as it is. I was actually excited for new ways to build factions, but alas that is rendered moot now.

Hydrahead;n9958001 said:
Kinda disappointed that all the cards are either gold, silver or rare quality. I hope that last cards they reveal are commons. If not then what a way to fuck over the players lol.
Common sense tells me that all the new cards will be rare or higher to not make them piss easy to get, and older rares will get demoted to commons. Cards like Adrenaline Rush, Overdose, Blue Stripes Commando and co. have no business being rares in the first place.

To be fair, John Calveit also is kind of random already. But he is only able to play cards from the deck, so you have some influence on it, and also it thins the deck.

leader's ability's already in game are either broad enough to not need specific leaders tutored for the new game mode or they are very specific which actually anybody choosing these leaders will know how they want to play their draft mode for example if i pick morvran ill know what im getting myself into, i made the choice to play reveal and will pick my cards accordingly.
it was understandable to have new cards of different rarities created for the new game mode but there really shouldn't be a solid reason for adding new leaders for the new mode. that's over tuning, i would say they could have waited and tested the new game mode and if the existing leaders weren't suited then they could make new leaders based around new game mode.

I'm a little concerned, but I remain optimistic.
The addition of so many new spawn units may be fine -- or it may crash and burn. In either case, I'd be really surprised if, after releasing a glut of new cards, they did not follow up this update with abundant tweaks and changes based on our feedback. There's only so much that they can glean from internal testing.
There's also a good chance that the text on some of these cards is simply not verbose enough for us to get a good sense of their specific effects.

Well those Leaders can spawn cards (you run copies of), so given that Adda can spawn a Spy (I assume) there is power behing the options.
As long as there are no completely useless cards (as in other card games) the cards are at least not a complete hit and miss.
The Whispering Hillock can spawn Monster's Nest and Mandrake, which is also somewhat save (more than 87%, so practically always 1 out of (Wolfsbane, Parasite, Monster Nest, Mandrake, Manticore Venom)).
The stuppid part about this is that leaders can spawn cards from other factions, which would not have even the slightest synergy like Raging Berserker or a Werewolf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom