Commanders horn should not be changed.

+
All create cards such ss scout, agitator, slave driver need to be changed to special cards like winch which have no value in themselves. Then you won't have to change every other aspect of the game..these cards even with a 1 point value is still too high

Sarn_paradox;n10391422 said:
You can't afford to change Commanders Horn without changing Lacerate. Why? because Lacerate is a bronze spell that does 3 damage to all cards on the same row. That means a bronze spell has more value than a silver spell... Even if you change Commanders horn to 6*3 or 7*3 it doesn't change anything. Lacerate 100% counters it and you can have 3 of them.

I really don't see what this topic has to do with lacerate.....

CallMeHoot;n10392452 said:
If you're using Eithne that's 45 points over 2 cards. Yeah. It SHOULD be changed.

That's 45 points over two card, one of which is played TWICE, so technically I would say THREE cards. Just because Eithne can resurrect a card, doesn't mean the card needs to be nerfed. You can get 60+ points out of resurrected Scorch, and you don't need to line 5 cards up for it to hit value. You can get points out of resurrected Hailstorm or Figurine, hell even Decoy. Let's just make everything doomed, and Eithne will have strong language as leader ability.

StrykerxS77x;n10392952 said:
I really don't see what this topic has to do with lacerate.....

Your kidding right? Its called comparison. If commanders horn was changed to 5*3 and remained silver it wouldn't be balanced. Because a bronze card like Lacerate does 3 damage to everything on the row. And you can have multiple of them.

Dont just look at face value of one card. Consider all cards that are similar to help maintain balance.

Sarn_paradox;n10415312 said:
Your kidding right? Its called comparison. If commanders horn was changed to 5*3 and remained silver it wouldn't be balanced. Because a bronze card like Lacerate does 3 damage to everything on the row. And you can have multiple of them.

Dont just look at face value of one card. Consider all cards that are similar to help maintain balance.

No I'm not kidding. The two cards have absolutely nothing to do with each other. One of them being nerfed doesn't automatically make the other over powered. Lacerate existing wouldn't make the new CH unbalanced.

The problem with the card is that it's too easy to get full point value out of it. I say the best solution to this problem is make it boost 7 (or maybe even all) units on a row by 3, while also buffing hailstorm so it works on golds again. Eithne ressing it isn't really the problem, it's that the card is too little of an investment with too few downsides.

PeteTheN00b;n10386492 said:
Slowly but surely special cards are constantly getting nerfed (tremors, commander's horn) when they aren't the problems. The problems are the cards they printed which just slap 6 points onto a well designed silver card. Honestly natalis and letho: kingslayer should be nerfed to 3 points. Commander's horn should either stay the same or be changed to boost 7 adjacent allies by 3. Because butchering a well designed card to make Natalis slightly less broken isn't a good thing.

The problem is that it is not only Natalis and Letho. Okay, you nerf Natalis (27 points with horn), and Letho (26 points with horn). And then you need to nerf Sile (24 points with horn, for a silver), and then you need to nerf Eithne (25 points, a leader). And I guess maybe nerf Aeglais (29 points (!), but the opponent needs to have used it). Am I forgetting anything? Ah, there is also Outlaw (22 points with more options.)

And the problem doesn't end there. Natalis + Horn (27) is OP. So we nerf Natalis to 3. But some decks don't want to run Natalis + Horn. What if I want to run Natalis + Winch? Today, if a normal machine is worth 12 points, that is a 19 points play. Nothing to brag about, but certainly not game-losing either. But if Natalis is nerfed, then it is a 15 point play, which is basically a (slightly better) Geralt. So by nerfing Natalis, Letho, etc., and not Horn, you are making it so these cards are only playable with Horn.

And even without other cards casting it, Horn by itself is already borderline OP, as silvers are supposed to be valued at ~15-16, and lining up units is not that stringent a requirement.

My personal preferred solution would be to make it 6x3. 18 points is already high for a silver, and a 25 point Natalis is still quite strong; while making the max condition harder to achieve is also a bonus. I think the greatest difficulty with that solution is technical: 6 is not an even number, so you would need to set the arrow differently. (Maybe "target unit and up to 5 other units to the right".)

make commanders horn great again

Don't need to say much more. Funny how the nerf has completely taken commanders horn out of play. Lots of swarm decks being played and not once have I seen it since the nerf. Bronze lacerate is now more powerful and opponent can carry 3 technically giving them 3 buffed commanders horns. Curious your thoughts in a poll. If one exists already I'm sorry mods, I didn't see a recent post.

Mancoon1980

While no poll exists, the topic has already been discussed. Adding a poll doesn't really add much more (and only leads to the same discussion again).

SarahAustin

Commander's Horn
Old ability: Boost 5 adjacent units by 4.
Updated ability: Boost 5 adjacent units by 3.

I completely agree that this change to Commanders Horn has made the card POINTLESS. Commander's Horn is a SILVER card that can now only give a max point buff of 15. If Horn is nerfed then shouldn't MAHAKAM ALE be as well??? Mahakam Ale is a BRONZE that gives a TWELVE point buff only a mere 3 points away from a SILVER Commanders Horn now. This is such an unneccessary change and doesn't make any sense. Filling a row for Horn is always a risk, for Hailstorm, Lacerate, Spike Trap, and Skellige Storm to name a few. The risk should be worth a payoff. I am very unhappy with this change to Commanders Horn.

Top Bottom