Open PTR server is now live

+
What the hell is wrong with GOG Updater? Every time I have to reinstall a different version of the game? Really?

I did install the PTR and now switch back to default, and I have to redownload 1.2 GB again? Same if I uncheck the 4k res DLC! WoW

Ic3Purple;n10372582 said:
What the hell is wrong with GOG Updater? Every time I have to reinstall a different version of the game? Really?

I did install the PTR and now switch back to default, and I have to redownload 1.2 GB again? Same if I uncheck the 4k res DLC! WoW
alexandr22;n10373012 said:
Same for me

Alternatively, you can make a backup of the Gwent folder and just copy it back and forth when you want to switch. The PTR is only temporary anyhow.

GenLiu;n10371282 said:
It's not the same.
Nerfing Restore was a good idea but Beastmasters NEED a nerf on their own if nothing else because it's part of this dumb "1 card massive points" idea which is the biggest issue in Gwent atm.
They absolutely need to nerf every type of units that can provide tons of points with no synergy whatsoever. The more important with Gwent is the fun you have while playing it and Beastmaster is simply the most boring card that ever been made in Gwent.

So, either they nerf it or they change it but imo a boring card should not be a strong card and certainly not part of the meta.

One way to reduce the Beastmasters supremacy would be to remove the Tsuirseach tag on them so that Veteran can't strenghten them. The idea of making them spawn Curling Roar is a good one too. Both ideas at the same time might be even better.

4RM3D;n10373202 said:
Alternatively, you can make a backup of the Gwent folder and just copy it back and forth when you want to switch. The PTR is only temporary anyhow.

Thx man, I did not know. I will do this. I am willing to try PTR but my internet is bad, and I can t switch always

Pruny;n10373832 said:
beastmasters are stupid cards, 12points with no requirement just retarded

Except that half of the bronzes can reach 12 points with no real setup. The real value comes from the resses, but it's not like we haven't seen that before in other decks either.

Captainkrueger;n10373392 said:
One way to reduce the Beastmasters supremacy would be to remove the Tsuirseach tag on them so that Veteran can't strenghten them. The idea of making them spawn Curling Roar is a good one too. Both ideas at the same time might be even better.

I like the Bloodcurling roar idea but I don't think removing the Tuirseach tag is a good idea.
a/ Because it doesn't make sense (clearly this guy wears Tuirseach colors he just has to be from that clan)
b/ Because it would affect the Veteran archetype, which isn't what is intended in the first place.

I think simply making the Beastmaster doomed would fix the issue. By doing so, players would still be able to resurrect the bear using Renew or Bone talismans but the ability to spam them a million times during the course of the game would be gone which ultimately is the problem.

Second day of testing, so far played MS, ST, NR, still having fun and feeling optimistic about the future :).

The animations are more fluid than midwinter, but I think the cards could use a wee littlle more weight.
Dragging them smoothly is very relaxing, it was so pre-midwinter and it would be good to have it back in full.

Balance changes confirm to work pretty well, with the exception of SK Veterans, which has become the new "point-vomit autopilot".
Eist has gained playability and effectiveness who are unfit for a Leader "who creates", imo.

Create cards like Slave Driver, Elven Scout and the Runestones still generate an unhealthy amount of RNG, turning the tide of already lost games upon a lucky draw.
I still think they should be not allowed in Ranked.
A special mention for Slave Driver, who peeks Round 1 Turn 1 on enemy's deck and reveals the enemy strategy better than how regular Reveal units could.

The game system still looks like to have some troubles related to very quick game pace.
Sometimes units' effects do not happen, perhaps due to enemies clicking a lot during the process.
(for instance, today my Dun Banner refused to show up despite being below of 30+ points in at least 3 different occasions in the same game, the game was experiencing some lag)

Tir_na_Lia;n10374652 said:
[...] Eist has gained playability and effectiveness who are unfit for a Leader "who creates", imo. [...]

Eist is not a create leader. He is a spawn leader if you want to put it like that, as Eredin is.

The problem with veterans seem to be mainly beastmaster, thus something has to be done with him.

I agree with you on the create ban for the standard game mode, can't say something about the rest you said about your experience on the PTR although, because I just played a handful of games.

4RM3D;n10373972 said:
Except that half of the bronzes can reach 12 points with no real setup. The real value comes from the resses, but it's not like we haven't seen that before in other decks either.

No, you cant compare beastmaster with skirmisher or wh warior because those cards need setup to get 12.
Stupid beastmaster not only has 12 instantly but is 2bodies, just stupid design. That 1point can block frost and the bear is also cursed. I think it has 14 points real value with no setup, wtf...
These cards and halfelf need to be nerfed to 10 points.

:mean:

GenLiu;n10374022 said:
I think simply making the Beastmaster doomed would fix the issue. By doing so, players would still be able to resurrect the bear using Renew or Bone talismans but the ability to spam them a million times during the course of the game would be gone which ultimately is the problem.

That would work too. Or removing the soldier tag (no freya, no eist, no battlemaiden)

Everyone hated the dwarves, but I think they are being hit too hard by the Nerf Axe. Feels like a delayed knee-jerk reaction, not a well thought-out change.

Stammelford's Tremor / Ithline: minus 12 points
Commander's Horn / Eithné: minus 10 points
Aglais: minus 1 point
Elven Scouts: minus 3 points
Dwarven Agitators: minus 3 points
Paulie / Dwarven Skirmisher: minus 3 points (at least)

That's 32 points nerf to the archetype. It used to be too strong. According to the GwentUp reports it had about 54% WR, but now it's downright useless, while it could still be fun.

I'm a Scoia'Tel main, and I quite like the nerf to the overly used dorfs. However, it kinda feels like they just attacked other cards left and right on the crossfire. I:M is downright useless now (never actually used it, since I don't like relying on my opponent using big bois, but still). Mahakam Guards, while I also don't tend to use them, were pretty downgraded to -1 point overall, with a weaker body. Also, Farseers now doesn't work with Dragoons handbuffs which is... fine, I guess?

The thing is, I would like to see the others sides of ST developed more, like making a more usable Spell'Tiel, or Move'Tiel, or even get the Ambush roll going again (which by now is pretty dead, it's more a gimmick than an actual deck). So far, it feels like they are on a cycle of buffing dwarves, to give them the nerf axe, just to buff them again, and reapeating it again and again, while the other playstyles are getting kinda stale.

When playing Savage Bears they are going straight to the graveyard. This makes them now being teddy bears^^. Anyone having the same problem?

I think that axing Commander's Horn was the biggest one of unnecessary nerfs. The problem with CH was boiling down to its use with Aglaïs, as with a bit of setup it was a 29 points play, with a possibility to replay it with Eithné for 25 points. I think it would be much better to change Aglaïs to Strength 4 with the following description: "Boost self by 8 or Resurrect a Bronze or Silver special card from your opponent's graveyard and banish it". This way you wouldn't get an enormous benefit on top of using an opponent's silver special card and bare Aglaïs wouldn't totally suck either (although a 12 Str gold would still be pretty bad). That's balance. Ruining CH for every type of deck is not.

Last edited:
Spell'Tiel, or Move'Tiel, or even get the Ambush roll going again (which by now is pretty dead, it's more a gimmick than an actual deck). So far, it feels like they are on a cycle of buffing dwarves, to give them the nerf axe, just to buff them again, and reapeating it again and again, while the other playstyles are getting kinda stale.

There used to be some bloody great ideas on that. Fireball Trap was a STR 1 ambush card that damaged the next enemy played by 3 and spawned a STR 3 token on your side which can be adjusted for the powercreep. Dol Blathanna/Elven trapper was an ambush spy that damaged the whole row by 2 when you next played something on that row. I can see that being an ambush loyal that only spawns a fireball trap to the opposite row when the opponent next plays something to it. Vrihedd Sappers were STR 4 disloyals that would damage the whole row by 2 whenever you played a special card.

With every unit being agile, and with the row cap, I can see these being feasible again. I'd make the sappers able to damage the whole row by 1, not 2 though. so that even on a full row it needs to deal at least 16 damage, so 2 special cards, in order to gain the nominal bronze value.

In short, I'd love it if they could bring back the bronze ambush cards. Granted, the silver and gold ones were OP (Schirru was a nightmare ;p ) but I wouldn't mind the bronze ones.

There are so many cards that were broken in the closed beta due to the lack of agility and row cap, then they got removed because we still didn't have fully agile units or the row limit, then these two got added. These cards would work on the current state of the game again and they were interesting ideas to say the least.

Kiwisame;n10377232 said:
I'm a Scoia'Tel main, and I quite like the nerf to the overly used dorfs. However, it kinda feels like they just attacked other cards left and right on the crossfire. I:M is downright useless now (never actually used it, since I don't like relying on my opponent using big bois, but still). Mahakam Guards, while I also don't tend to use them, were pretty downgraded to -1 point overall, with a weaker body. Also, Farseers now doesn't work with Dragoons handbuffs which is... fine, I guess?

The thing is, I would like to see the others sides of ST developed more, like making a more usable Spell'Tiel, or Move'Tiel, or even get the Ambush roll going again (which by now is pretty dead, it's more a gimmick than an actual deck). So far, it feels like they are on a cycle of buffing dwarves, to give them the nerf axe, just to buff them again, and reapeating it again and again, while the other playstyles are getting kinda stale.

I was afraid they were going to go down the route of "let's nerf as many cards used in the dwarf deck as possible". Given the incessant whining about I:M, i was not surprised about the nerf, but was it necessary to wreck him that much? Couldn't they at least let him keep the choice of dueling 2 enemies or an ally and an enemy? Like, not "op" anymore but still flexible?
By the way, Farseers work with Dragoons as usual.

Happy Veteran/Beastmaster meta!

Skirmishers boosting instead of strengthening was a good change. so was Elven scouts and Dwarven agitators. Finally, I agree with a change to Ithlinne. I am still a bit unsure about I:M but really, the fact he's caused a 69 point swing against me makes me a bit biased :p

Top Bottom