Recommend me a New Deck

+
For the OP, just don't copy! Keep it fun and experiment. There's three decks that I just don't give the old "good game" thumbs up to; Skellige damage/heal (OP card, needs nerfing), Nilf VW and Monster Nekker deck. No originality, it's just copying someone else's work which I find pointless.

My personal favourite is a Shupe deck I'm running. Can constantly evolve it, try new options. I've got a play that's pretty useful, but found it by trial and error, finally got to 19 using it. I find ST to be the most flexible deck, it's not hugely reliant on a playstyle, you can go for control or simply aim for big numbers.

sfruzz ser2440 Ghinko Good news everyone, i just got 2 golds in a keg. I got Igni in the first four cards which was a deja-vu moment because i had the same thing happen a week before open beta started and regretted as i only had one week to play with it. Surprisingly the fifth card was also a choice of 3 gold cards. It was a choice between premium Avallac'h, Miruna and Cerys: Fearless. A cursory search for cerys gave me underwhelming opinion so i discarded the option of choosing it. Then it was a choice between premium Avallac'h and Miruna for which took more than 30 minutes to decide but finally went with the premium Avallac'h because aside it being premium while Miruna's ability looks particularly strong (one could say she can get even stronger than igni), i felt the opponent would have plenty of ways to counter it. The four health without any armor means two bronze cards can counter it in 2 turns.

So in the end i was confused on whom to replace to make room for igni. The two contender seems to be regular 15 points geralt or royal decree. I have had royal decree to be a dead card in a recent few games mostly through sile drawing it in third round while i have all my golds. It would have been great if it could draw some bronze or silver in such a case. Or i could replace both and add Avallac'h in it's place. I'm just a bit skeptical since Avallac'h could also draw some key game winning cards for the opponent(and might not for me).

What do you guys think i should do?

Last edited:
DeadlyMak;n10925174 said:
I checked your thread. I read about your combos which looks really good but i can't find your full deck.

Ok here is the deck.

Royal decree
Hym ( to draw houndsnout or if your facing SK you could create a silver and hope sigdrifa is in there)
Coral / Dandelion (dandelion is good for deck thinning, but at higher levels in ranked compression can ruin opponents strategy)
Aguara: true form (mainly for restore, compression, scorch, alzurs)

Djenge Frett
Harold Houndsnout
Sigdrifa
Decoy
Restore
Artefact Compression / Mandrake / Stribog Runestone (Mess around with them see which one you feel the most, im facing a lot of longships and greatswords decks at 19 so Compression is really great for stopping them from rezing high strength greatswords)

3x Beastmasters (good points, can use restore for 19 point play and great card to play when you go first)
3x Whale harpooners (for stacking rows for lacerate, keeping enemies in fog and stacking row for efficent harold frett combo)
3x Haymaey Hearbalists
3x Impentrable Fog or 3x Lacerate (experiment, see which one you prefer, both have pros and cons)
3x Reconnaissance (very important for thinning so you have the finisher cards for round 3)

A perfect hand for round 3 would be, Restore, Decoy, Sigdrifa and Aguara (with harold and frett and 2 beastmasters in graveyard)

Enjoy!

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10949282 said:
Ok here is the deck.

Royal decree
Hym ( to draw houndsnout or if your facing SK you could create a silver and hope sigdrifa is in there)
Coral / Dandelion (dandelion is good for deck thinning, but at higher levels in ranked compression can ruin opponents strategy)
Aguara: true form (mainly for restore, compression, scorch, alzurs)

Djenge Frett
Harold Houndsnout
Sigdrifa
Decoy
Restore
Artefact Compression / Mandrake / Stribog Runestone (Mess around with them see which one you feel the most, im facing a lot of longships and greatswords decks at 19 so Compression is really great for stopping them from rezing high strength greatswords)

3x Beastmasters (good points, can use restore for 19 point play and great card to play when you go first)
3x Whale harpooners (for stacking rows for lacerate, keeping enemies in fog and stacking row for efficent harold frett combo)
3x Haymaey Hearbalists
3x Impentrable Fog or 3x Lacerate (experiment, see which one you prefer, both have pros and cons)
3x Reconnaissance (very important for thinning so you have the finisher cards for round 3)

A perfect hand for round 3 would be, Restore, Decoy, Sigdrifa and Aguara (with harold and frett and 2 beastmasters in graveyard)

Enjoy!

Ah thanks for the deck. Unfortunately i don't have half of the cards listed. Out of the deck you have listed, i have royal decree,decoy,artifact compression,1 bear master, 3 whaler, 3 fog and 3 recon. I have enough scraps to buy 2 silvers and 1 80 scrap bronze which means i can buy Harold and Frett but i would have no real ways to summon them.

DeadlyMak;n10948982 said:
I'm just a bit skeptical since Avallac'h could also draw some key game winning cards for the opponent(and might not for me).

Avallac'h could be good in your Monster Frost deck, as you want to prolong the duration of a turn to allow the weather to tick multiple times. The longer the round the more your opponent will suffer from attrition. In Northern Realm you always prefer Dijkstra to Avallac'h, and I would not add him.

DeadlyMak;n10948982 said:
I got Igni in the first four cards which was a deja-vu moment because i had the same thing happen a week before open beta started and regretted as i only had one week to play with it.

Cool!

:smiling2:

sfruzz;n10949804 said:
Avallac'h could be good in your Monster Frost deck, as you want to prolong the duration of a turn to allow the weather to tick multiple times. The longer the round the more your opponent will suffer from attrition. In Northern Realm you always prefer Dijkstra to Avallac'h, and I would not add him.

In that case should i replace royal decree or regular Geralt for igni?

It comes down to what you like to play. I have at least 1 deck for every archetype and refuse to netdeck, so most aren't competetive or fun. Personally I have fun with Usurper Spies and a slaves deck as well. Have the most success with Dagon deathwish, but I'm most proud of my Reveal and Temerian decks because both are fun, competitive and thin to zero.

If your deck thins a lot replace royal decree. If it does not or if there is a gold crucial to your strategy, replace Geralt :)

ser2440;n10950197 said:
If your deck thins a lot replace royal decree. If it does not or if there is a gold crucial to your strategy, replace Geralt :)

Well as you know it only has Stennis and Sile to draw cards. Stennis doesn't draw gold but Sile can draw a dead royal decree. Also Stennis can draw Sile when i don't have a spell in my hand. I guess for royal decree to work you need completely no cards that can draw gold. As such i got Garrison in a keg and i think it might be a good replacement for Sile.

Thanks to the full mill value for nerfed cards, i was able to get around 1800 scraps for milling them(including brouver). Now i have a total of 2480 scraps. Now i need to decide which architecture i should go for before i decide to start crafting. Unless the armor deck sees much play in higher level, i should probably move on to a different deck. The word of mouth seems to be greatsword but i think i will wait a few days before taking a decision.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, there's a card i always really liked ever since it was introduced, but it never really saw much play except when it had the 'new factor': Crow's Eye.

It's basically reverse "Mahakam Ale (+4 each row)", but it gets better with each use, the problem is you need the opponent to put targets on each row, and most opponents will figure out they should stop distributing their units on each row as soon as they see the 1st Crows Eye.

Im trying a SC deck with maximum Crows Eye: 3 normal ones, Triss Telekinesis, Triss Telekinesis Renewed, Eithné and one last Elven Sage to reuse the last Crows Eye. It has incredible damage potential, the problem is you also need to move the opponents units accordingly not to waste that damage, and on a short round, its terrible. Usually i try to start using them as late as possible, but that is hard too.

Also, it does really bad vs Greatswords which unfortunately is the current meta, so i wouldnt recommend it for anyone wanting an easy time vs those decks.

Has anyone found a better way to use Crows Eyes?

DRK3;n10958942 said:

I used them with Bran and a Herbalist once. Discarded two and then played the last one with the Herbalist.
Was fun when it worked, but not competitive. :D

So, there's a card i always really liked ever since it was introduced, but it never really saw much play except when it had the 'new factor': Crow's Eye.

It's basically reverse "Mahakam Ale (+4 each row)", but it gets better with each use, the problem is you need the opponent to put targets on each row, and most opponents will figure out they should stop distributing their units on each row as soon as they see the 1st Crows Eye.

Im trying a SC deck with maximum Crows Eye: 3 normal ones, Triss Telekinesis, Triss Telekinesis Renewed, Eithné and one last Elven Sage to reuse the last Crows Eye. It has incredible damage potential, the problem is you also need to move the opponents units accordingly not to waste that damage, and on a short round, its terrible. Usually i try to start using them as late as possible, but that is hard too.

Also, it does really bad vs Greatswords which unfortunately is the current meta, so i wouldnt recommend it for anyone wanting an easy time vs those decks.

well you can always put in some weather. Right now i am making experiments with bloodmoon. putting a bloodmoon on your oponents roll will make him automatically spread his units on other rolls. I think this card was organic if not mistaken so you can use the golden crone card as extra inshurance you draw at least one. warecats and drowners can be very helpfull too as you move your oponents minions enshuring your crows eyes always hit 3 and some bridge trolls to move around the bloodmoon for extra value . whispering hillock can be a great combo too since whispering hillock can spawn you an extra crows eyes (unless it was removed as organic card and i am mistaken).

Top Bottom