Caranthir and 'what now??'

+
Problem is i dont have drowners in round3, and woodland also has 8points plus beast tag and foglet.

I am droping Caranthir, lost too many games because in round3 he has low value.
Even aeromancer is better in round3 because he can spawn thunder.
Caranthir being a mage should have more options, like Keira.

:mean:

Pruny;n10208732 said:
I am droping Caranthir, lost too many games because in round3 he has low value.
Even aeromancer is better in round3 because he can spawn thunder.
Caranthir being a mage should have more options, like Keira.

:mean:

If I'm not wrong, lore-wise, Caranthir had the ability to regenerate himself in the Witcher 3. So, a little buff, could be and additional strength generation per turn, or damage dealt under frost. Considering that the current meta sees the value generation decks as the favourite, it might be a good compromise. Just am Idea.

That WH hunt decks is easily outplayed by most archetypes in midwinter, I do expect a sensitive balance change in the next update, since is one of most favourite monster decks by many, but currently abandoned due to lack of competition.

xAmilx;n10324702 said:
I was thinking of Crafting Caranthir.. Is he good now or would you suggest another card?

If you're planning to do a Frost deck Caranthir is kind of a tricky card.
The reason for this being, he sucks but you need him because otherwise you won't have enough frost effect in your deck (and the fact that he moves a unit is also important for this archetype).
But value wise he's quiet bad, he's like Aeromancer minus the Fog/Alzur's thunder options but plus 4 str and the ability to move a unit.
Even said like that, you could argue Aeromancer to be at least as good as Caranthir and we're talking about a Gold vs a Silver.

I agree that he could use a buff and yeah, for a proper frost deck you kind of have to use Caranthir no matter what.

The fact that he is able to move a card to a specific row can still be pretty useful though (for example in combination with Igni).

GenLiu;n10329132 said:
If you're planning to do a Frost deck Caranthir is kind of a tricky card.
The reason for this being, he sucks but you need him because otherwise you won't have enough frost effect in your deck (and the fact that he moves a unit is also important for this archetype).
But value wise he's quiet bad, he's like Aeromancer minus the Fog/Alzur's thunder options but plus 4 str and the ability to move a unit.
Even said like that, you could argue Aeromancer to be at least as good as Caranthir and we're talking about a Gold vs a Silver.

As a last turn play, Aeromancer is superior, assuming you're playing (body + Thunder is 13, to Caranthir's frost tick + body of 11)

I think that him spawning white frost is the way to go.

iamthedave;n10333892 said:
As a last turn play, Aeromancer is superior, assuming you're playing (body + Thunder is 13, to Caranthir's frost tick + body of 11)

I think that him spawning white frost is the way to go.

Sadly you're right (not that I'm sad you're right but I'm sad to say that Caranthir can be worst than Aeromancer in some cases), I think Caranthir spawning White frost would be a good idea but they have to remove his ability to move a unit then (otherwise he would be too strong).

Also agree with devivre, Caranthir's ability to move a unit can be very helpful, especially since igni is a good choice of gold for this archetype.
Frost is currently a crippled archetype that lacks of good golds simply because Imerith sucks even more than Caranthir (among the worst gold in the game imo).

Is Imlerith really that terrible? I thought he fell in as just painfully average? Doesn't he do a 17ish point swing?

And if you spawn white frost you probably don't need to move a unit

iamthedave;n10334282 said:
Is Imlerith really that terrible? I thought he fell in as just painfully average? Doesn't he do a 17ish point swing?

Compared to cards like Menno (of course comparisons with cards from other factions are tricky) his ability seems very very limited and these days a 13 to 17 points gold card isn't great... besides, sometimes you have to damage a unit that would get damaged by Frost anyways, so you lose value.

But I don't think it's that terrible and months ago it was actually pretty decent, but with all these powerful new cards Imlerith probably needs a buff too.

For IMLERITH, may be Suggestion :

If you have Machine, Mage in your hand, then Boost +3 Imlerith

Caranthir, Mage, and Wild Hunt Drakkar, Machine, can Boost Imlerith as in The Witcher 3

erathias;n10338202 said:
For IMLERITH, may be Suggestion :

Caranthir, Mage, and Wild Hunt Drakkar, Machine, can Boost Imlerith as in The Witcher 3

Or he buffs every wild hunt unit on the board plus 1 :)
Doing damage and buffing your units should make this card viable. In any way suggestions are better off in our suggestions area in the forums.

Last edited:
Well, Imlerith hasn't even slightly been improved in the upcoming patch (assuming its accurate). I wonder if there's some way to redesign him to be better and more flavourful? He's kind of designed like a worse Vabjorn at the minute.

What if he had an improved movement ability? Like instead of dragging multiple enemies to one row, he could voluntarily move x units to whatever rows he wants? That seems a pretty obvious gold-level bit of weather synergy. Row stack THAT ya gits.

Imlerith had a cool ability in closed beta smashing units on a row.
Carantir should have option to spawn boulder also, so in round 3 would be decent.
​​​​​​

iamthedave;n10334282 said:

Bronze and silver cards can do more nowadays. Golds are viable only when they can do 20+ points like Ciri:Nova, Menno, GIgni, Ithlinne, Iorvet: Meditation, Coral, etc.

Top Bottom