[Mod request] - No Hairworks on Geralt Hair AND Beard - without bugs

+
[Mod request] - No Hairworks on Geralt Hair AND Beard - without bugs

I have downloaded the Main File of this Mod right here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2825

Sadly, as the author says in the Description, this mod has a few bugs and as he is not able to fix them, I thought, it might make sense to make a request right here. All I want is Geralt completely free of Hairworks, but it should be enabled anywhere (monsters and animals, of course) else.

Please, take a look at the description of the author, I think, he is telling correclty about the issues of this mod. I guess, not only me, but also some other people might want something like that for a long time.

I use this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ab=description (the "only hair" version that keeps the HW beard)

What's the difference between these two mods? Is there any?

I'm only in White Orchard at the moment so I wouldn't know if the mod I use actually works perfectly. I'm not sure whether Beard Growth happens in White Orchard. Mine hasn't grown and I've played a good 10 hours in White Orchard. I believe Beard Growth only starts after White Orchard.

I'd like to second this request. If there are indeed bugs in these mods, it'd be neat if someone with the knowledge to do it could fix it.

Last edited:
Your version is outdated, and as I want Hairworks on Geralt completely to be off, this is for the second reason no option as a mod for me. Could be, that Beard growth starts after white orchard, makes sense, as you can change something to hair and beard just after wyzima

The older version might not be fully compatible anymore, as the game received official updates/patches until Septembre 2016.

Denroth
Maybe you could be the one, for making a Non Hairworks On Geralt Hair And Beard from scratch, I guess, you will have the knowledge for it.;):cool:

I just noticed that these mods do in fact change Geralt's hair back to non-HW hair, but they keep the hairworked strands of hair on top of his hair. You can see them especially well when it's raining or when you've been in water. Those few strands do get wet, whereas the rest of his non-HW hair does not. Wish there was a way to have the non-HW strands because it looks kind of odd when you're out in the rain and you get these few wet strands and the rest is all dry.

EDIT: Correction, this only happens with the "Hairworks on everything but Geralt" mod, NOT with the "Disable Hairworks on Geralt" mod. However I thought the first mod was the better choice since it didn't list any bugs for the beard growth, but that might just mean that the author is unaware.

Does the beard growth work as intended for you, SorceressJ ?

Last edited:
As I said, Disabled Hairworks on Geralt seems to be the best mod so far, and the author is communicating the issues well in his description. But I would like to have these bugs fixed, too, as I'm sure, it will be possible. And for your question: No, Beard growth is sadly just like in the description of that mod.

That's just great. And the issues with beard growth, are they only present when using the DLC beard styles?

Because it reads

Bugs of Main Version:
Three of the DLC-Beards are still having Haiworks for some reason. And the Beard-Growth is bugged in Stage 2 and possibly 3, as it overjumps these stages.
The step from just a mustache to a nearly finished full Beard is too big.

I contacted the mod author. Let's hope a modding Allgod helps us poor wretches in need. Pretty please.

Last edited:
Ok I enabled the command console and tested it:

With the optional file (only Hair removed) with the Disable Hairworks on Geralt mod, stage 3 of the beard was the non-HW version, stage 4 and 5 were HW (stages 1 and 2 are clean shaven and stubble, which are non-HW obviously).
That would indicate that it simply transitions like this:
clean shaven --> stubble/moustache --> short full beard (not HW)--> medium full beard (HW) --> long full beard (HW)

The main file was all non-HW beards of course, but they were all available with the console. That doesn't tell me if the beard stages actually show up as they should.

I mediated like 5 or 6 days in a row and my beard did not grow from medium length to long. Was it not enough time, or is something off?

I'm trying to figure out what the mod author is actually saying with those bugs/issues. I think those bug/issue descriptions are misinterpretable.

Great news, what you found out. I hope, we can sort this out, I would like to use a bug-free Main File. As for meditation: It is better, to fast travel a few time from point to point, that should make you able to check the beard growth. I really think, with what you found out so far and what me might will find out soon, someone like Denroth should be able to help with that, either by overworking this mod or create some new from scratch.

Hey, all! Beard growth being incorrect under Hairworks is a known issue with the game, and one of those things that would have been far too risky to try to fix, I believe. As far as I know, there have been a few attempts to correct this, both official and mods, but none have been able to sort it out. Of course, that's not an attempts to discourage further attempts -- I just wanted people to know it's been hammered on since release with no luck so far. :(

Also, PloughEnthusiast, the "wet hair effect" you refer to above requires Hairworks. It will not occur with HW disabled. So, if you're using that mod and still seeing it, it looks like the mod is either not functioning correctly or conflicting with something else.

Indeed SigilFey, the "Hairworks on everything but Geralt" mod leaves the fine hairstrands on top of his head hairworked, but the rest is the non-hairworked hair.

I have since switched to the (newer) "Disable Hairworks for Geralt" mod. Unfortunately, that one has the issues with the beard growth stages. Well to be fair, I don't know if the other mod doesn't have this issue, I assume it does, however on that one I could spawn all stages of the HW beard no problem with the console. That doesn't mean the stages will actually show up naturally in the right order by themselves through the beard growth feature.
The "Disable HW on Geralt" mod doesn't have the HW strands on top of his hair, but the non-HW strands. It looks better that way.

SorceressJ Well, maybe we should contact him. But we can't just expect someone to fix this, or create this from scratch for free. But we can ask. I'll send him a private message.

Last edited:
Ok, so let's find out, what he says. Let us pray together. Because I don't like haiworks on Geralt at all and this really sad, that there is no bug free version, of a completely free hairworks on Geralt. Honestly, it would have been nice from CDPR to make this option already at release, but even with a patch, they could not (aside from beard growth problems) be able, to deliver an option for this. But, hey, it is never too late...maybe they will do. I'm joking, sadlly they won't, is my guess.

You're right, they will never patch this. They have obviously moved on to Cyberpunk and anything after patch 1.31 is as it is. It's up to modders.

I agree that this should have been an option in the menu. Why nobody thought of it baffles me. Especially when it's clear as day that all the E3 2014 demo had Hairworks enabled for the griffin head, but not for Geralt. It also didn't enable it for Johnny, which was peculiar because he counts as a creature and thus when you enable hairworks, he gets hairworks as well - which, btw, does not look as good as his normal hair.

Found this comment here https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...tab=posts&BH=1

I quote:
"If you want to turn off HW for hair only, you should be doing it by modifying the hair entity files, it will get rid of the issues that some people get and it'll make it compatible with mods that make changes to the meshes."

Sounds like good advice I guess, but I don't know how and this guy got banned, so contacting him is out of the picture. Fantastic. :D

Yesterday I've tried somehting, which seems to correct the Beard Growth (Main Version of Disable Hairworks on Geralt). I've added this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1262 from CAPA14, there are no conflicts with it and you also could easily merge it with Disable Hairworks on Geralt.It seemed to me, as If Non-Hairworks Beard is growing completley right now, or maybe just complete. For me, that is ok. What is left, are still these 3 Beard-Styles of DLC, which are still using Hairworks, what I don't want them to do.

But it says that mod isn't necessary anymore since patch 1.21

I guess the Disable Hairworks mods overwrite whatever fix CDPR patched in then.

I hope that fix works for me, because I use the Hairworks beard (only the hair is non-HW). But I would consider using the normal beard if it actually shows up.

SorceressJ In what manner does your beard grow? Which stages? Does it show up like this: clean shaven --> stubble/moustache --> short full beard --> medium full beard --> long full beard

I'm apparently also too stupid to get my beard to grow. I tried meditating for days on end. Maybe it's because I'm using Friendly Meditation mod. But I also fast travelled between Velen and White Orchard a few times and no beard growth happend - at all. How long does it take for it to grow to the next level (like from stage 2, stubble, to stage 3, short beard)? Does meditation and fast travel grow the beard?

Top Bottom