[Mod Idea/Request] Advanced Motion Blur

+
[Mod Idea/Request] Advanced Motion Blur

Hi everyone, I don't know if it's just my obsession but man, I'm in love with Toussaint's Motion Blur!
It really reminds me of the one we had in The Witcher 2, much more consistent and beautiful... And just a few days ago I was re-watching the Sword of Destiny trailer and I've noticed that there was something similar even for the vanilla game,(non-expansion regions) it's especially noticeable when Geralt is fighting the Royal Wyvern and when Skjall's placeholder is hit by one of the Hunt's riders!
I think it gives so much to the game and both cutscenes and gameplay can benefit from it, really! Action scenes are enhanced, and so are Geralt moves during combat, with the camera rotating to keep an enemy in sight or during executions!
So I was wondering if it was possible to have a mod that can give us that gorgeous effect! I'm no modder so I don't really know if what I'm asking is impossible to achieve or not... I hope it's not related to ENV or lightning in general :)

Here's what I'm talking about!

I've also noticed that even with WO Lighting Everywhere Toussaint keeps his "version" of Motion Blur... Is this information useful by any chance?

For all i know its related to .env file and .w2w level files, so if u copy paste motion blur values from b&w files in base game files, it should work, but it will be in conflict with all lighting mod.

XshI0u;n9779821 said:
For all i know its related to .env file and .w2w level files, so if u copy paste motion blur values from b&w files in base game files, it should work, but it will be in conflict with all lighting mod.

What if, given a proper mod that changes its values, I decide to merge such mod with the lighting mod that causes conflicts?
Could this be a solution?

Alright, I ran some tests, made comparisons both with vanilla lighting and with some of the most popular lighting mods, like STLM and WLM... The mod works fine, but when used with other lighting mods White Orchard goes back to vanilla lighting but keeps your Motion Blur values...
I've also used script merger but apparently, there are no conflicts...

Script merger is, as the name suggest, for merging scripts, why should it do anything on envs?
also when you import the Toussaint motion blur values to wo the env needs to be edited. Xshl0u probably did that on vanilla wo hence when its loaded above stlm or wlm you get the env from his mod which is why you get vanilla lighting. It' not possible to get env values of the same env from different mods

Exactly, like i said, it will be in conflict with all lighting mod, you need to add values in stlm, wlm files directly if u want ur lighting mod + Toussaint motion blur.

KamehamehaNudel;n9786621 said:
Script merger is, as the name suggest, for merging scripts, why should it do anything on envs?
also when you import the Toussaint motion blur values to wo the env needs to be edited. Xshl0u probably did that on vanilla wo hence when its loaded above stlm or wlm you get the env from his mod which is why you get vanilla lighting. It' not possible to get env values of the same env from different mods

I kinda knew that script merger had nothing to do with this but, who knows what kind of mess can come up with scripts... just wanted to be sure XD
So basically you're saying that he should make a custom mod for every lighting mod in order to make things right?

He means that you should get your hands dirty and put the blur values you like into the lighting mod you're using yourself, so you get to keep both the blur and the lighting. I doubt anyone will do it because uploading other people's files "re-modded" is bad, unless specifically said so by the mod author.

Top Bottom