[MOD RELEASE] Witcher 1 Prologue "Remastered"

+
This is pretty damn impressive. I have no intention of playing with it myself, but I recognize the amount of effort that went into creating something like this. It's probably the most ambitious mod for the game. It's not like current tools for achieving this are very user friendly.

This without Redkit its simply outstanding...hey CD! look what a passionate fan can make without proper tools...

This is just amazing, but it also saddens me that this is probably the only part of Witcher 1 that it can be modded intro Witcher 3, because the area actually exist on Witcher 3, nothing else exist, aside from Vizima palace :(

CDPR we want this, just release the tools to make this kind of thing true.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9837371 said:
I don't think CDPR can release the mess of their tools to the public. They probably don't even have a proper editor anymore for that engine. It's a pile of hacks held together by a duct tape.

It's art.

Lim3zer0;n9840801 said:
erxv

How long do you think this took you to make? If you just consider the time actually spent working?

well, i started in the middle of august... and it really depends... on some days i didn't do anything, some days i spent like 5 hours doing it... so i have no idea of the actual number of hours...

erxv

I see your little easter egg :D

:rebel:
Btw i didn't notice any adverse affects from saving and reloading nor even teleportation between maps. Everything seems to be fine once i came back.
I'm also definitely going to give something like this a go sometime in the furture. Maybe not on such a big scale but still...

Last edited:
Well erxv it looks like you took the brass ring. I can't begin to comprehend how you pulled this off but congratulations. Thank you for the Mother of all Mods!

Now what's the trick to getting the claw off the Frightener? I applied the Loot patch but I still get no interaction when near the monster.

Edit: Problem was that as you stated in the description, I had to play will no saves and no skipping cutscenes. Worked flawlessly after that!

Last edited:
Damn man.. absolutely stunning!

I know that it will probably be impossible, but are you going to try to do this to the whole witcher 1?
I myself only started playing the witcher after all the hype surrounding wild hunt, and quickly afterwards I came to realize my mistake. I tried playing the previous games as well but I just can't shake the image of wild hunt and how beautiful it looks compared to 1&2. I would absolutely love to see these games remade, hell I would even pay for it! Nonetheless, great work, keep it up! :)

Witcher 2 should still hold up pretty well. Enable ubersampling, add a reshade and a couple of combat mods and you are good to go.

THX for great mod. it's any change to put fistfight with Eskel to u modification?

Last edited:
Top Bottom