Character and Item Appearances Thread

+

• Yes & I Will Pay Extra For This.

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Yes But I Will NOT Pay Extra For This.

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • NO I Do Not Care How They Look.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I Am Not Sure About Any Of These Options

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

As I love Geralt Sign build that this awfull Griffin armour desig keeps me out of taking full advantage of Griffin set. I find basic shirt to fit perfectly with Griffin's set gloves, trousers and boots. Would be awsome if someone could replace these skins if possible ;)

I actually like the griffin armor, I only have two complaints.

1) Yes - the chestplate could have been a bit less "fat"

2) I'd like the ability to color different parts of it so that there isn't so much gold on the mastercrafted version.

How about add a new hair for Ciri? I totally wanna see Ciri in long, straight hair, it's gonna be soooooo cool :D
She's so adorable... :3 I even use debug mod to use her during normal combat...
That Naruto skill (Ciri teleports behind multiple enemies) is a total Smokin' Sick Style!

I would like Triss wear her dress like in the Witcher 1 in the quest "A matter of life and death".
I find it sexier heehee

My only request would be: Why did they make one of the best armors in the game (the master armorer quest) into a Witch Hunter armor ? :p I'm fighting those mofos all game long but when it comes to saving the world I look likre one of them :p

My only request would be: Why did they make one of the best armors in the game (the master armorer quest) into a Witch Hunter armor ? :p I'm fighting those mofos all game long but when it comes to saving the world I look likre one of them :p

Agreed, that didn't make any sense at all... if nothing else, it would have been better for the "best armor" to be the same model as the starting armor, especially since Geralt does wear it in pre-rendered cutscenes anyhow.

I actually liked the breast plate on the Griffin armor, since it's really realistic (it's essentially the precursor to metal breast plated, called cuir bouilli). Still, I am missing more Witcher style armors (studded leather jackets/jerkins).

Also: Why no visible potions/oils and bombs on the bandoleer? The graphics sure could handle it...

Last edited:
I think we need some more 'Witcher" style armors, some resembling the armor from the Witcher 2. That's my biggest disappointment design wise in the game.
Also give Margarita a bath after you rescue her. She wears a dress but no one bothered to clean her face.

Agreed, that didn't make any sense at all... if nothing else, it would have been better for the "best armor" to be the same model as the starting armor, especially since Geralt does wear it in pre-rendered cutscenes anyhow.

I actually liked the breast plate on the Griffin armor, since it's really realistic (it's essentially the precursor to metal breast plated, called cuir bouilli). Still, I am missing more Witcher style armors (studded leather jackets/jerkins).

Also: Why no visible potions/oils and bombs on the bandoleer? The graphics sure could handle it...

You're super on the point with the potions, without the things you put in your pocket slots being animated, it just seems like its the return of the most elastic underwear in the world otherwise :p (where else is he keeping this sh ?:p)

Bump up for the return to the roots on the armor :p I mean , anything would be better. Plot-wise I would even accept a nilfgaardian armor. she's serving nilfgaard for christs sake. Why the frack would she ever make an armor that is used by the Redanian "Secret Service"?!? So much rage... DOES NOT COMPUTE :p

Triss appearance change is what I'd hope for. I like her practical style of dress compared to Yen's opulence, but do something with long hair. Yen got a new outfit, Triss probably isn't far behind.

Oh man - all I'm saying is I REAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope Redkit2 has mesh and texture importing for both armor replacement and adding new armors. After the first two games, I was soooo excited to see all the awesome armors and the 'upgrade system' in TW3. Then my hopes were crushed when I get my third set of armor (past the awesome starting armor and cool Temerian set) and I'm like "This Griffin armor makes me look fat. Plus... gold... really? Gold?" What happened to the awesome designs? Then Cat armor came in and I was like "Okay, I can get behind this. Hopefully they'll add sleeves in the upgrade." Then they added sleeves. Indigo sleeves. Indigo. And a weird thick collar that they then cover with chainmail. So I was like "Well, at least the concept art for Ursine looks cool." So I went and hunted that down. Turns out, it looks okay, but it's also a dress.

Sigh. At least we can mod armor stats without Redkit2 so I can keep that very first armor with upgrade.

As I love Geralt Sign build that this awfull Griffin armour desig keeps me out of taking full advantage of Griffin set. I find basic shirt to fit perfectly with Griffin's set gloves, trousers and boots. Would be awsome if someone could replace these skins if possible ;)

Yep someone really need to fix the Griffin armor to be more slim, with a green or not so shiny gold chainmail, fix the leather textures, and fix the spike ornaments on the shoulder plate like the witch hunter armor or make it like scale armor just like in the belt. That would definitely make the armor a much better overall design

I think the game would really improve with some "aesthetical transformations for armors" available at some blacksmiths. We can look forward to the mods, but they may take long and I'd rather prefer a 'gameplay implemented' solution, as follows:

- Every time you find a new armor, even if it's low level and not worth using it, you 'unlock' its design.
- Certain blacksmiths can copy the designs you have unlocked into any armor you have (respecting current stats)
- Designs available not only by finding new armors, but also to be bought at shops/blacksmiths. Adding new colours, for example.

This way the aesthetical addition could give something else to find for the players (new designs, design diagrams, etc.). Players with too much money have at last something to spend it on. And you don't break the game as there's no need to make stats changes, only aesthetical. Furthermore, there is always an interest on new armors (as long as they are better, you can change the design even if they are ugly as hell).

Cloaks and hoods, totally agree. Just to do as in the trailer.

---------- Updated at 08:23 PM ----------

And i'm thinking about new haircuts, or rather "old" haircuts from former episodes, might be simple things to add :
- the ponytail without the shaved sides, like the Witcher 2, i like it that way
- i'd love to have the haircut of the first witcher, longer hair, a little messy and slightly cut at the front if I'm not mistaken. Different from the basic haircut with long hair. It would be a nice tribute for the old timers :)

Beside the haircuts, as pointed out by some, it could be good to have more glowing and threatening eyes.

Ha, and another thing, i think Geralt has a little too smily face in general, i don't know if it's juste me, and if that's something hard to correct or not. It's not a big deal while you're in town, but i'd really like him to frown and scowl more often, especially in a hunt, or in every tense situations.

Now, about elixirs. I'm a little disappointed that there is no animations when you drink it as in the first episode. To have the immediate effect on Geralt is something that breaks the immersion a little bit (for me at least) and reduces the importance of a good preparation out of combat, same thing for the oils. Besides, it would do en excellent gameplay detail, having to withdraw of the fight for 2 or 3 seconds if things do not go as planned, if the situation is too critical, to drink an additional potion, because it would take 1 second to drink it, etc.

One last thing : it's already pretty cool to have Geralt face modified by an elixir overdose. But i think it would be great to have different visual effect depending of the elixir you use, and i'm not talking about something as visible as the overdose effect this time (the current one is good enough) but some discrete effects on the screen, or even better, on Geralt face. I imagine a similar thing as in the first cinematic of The Witcher 1, when Geralt uses an elixir and undergoes his effect for a few sec. We clearly see his face change for several seconds. His skin turns white and his pupils expand widely, making him quite terrifying.

Having read the books, it appears that the description of the effect of the elixir used in this particular situation of the story is well respected (the dilated pupils and the chalk face) even if the visual effect seems to last longer in the books. And that is exactly what i'm thinking for the game, different visual effects depending on which potion you use, and that last as long as the potion itself (not for all potions course, for exemple the least powerful elixirs would have no visual effect).
And as i was saying, it doesn't have to be as visible as the elixir overdose for exemple, but a discrete thing here, a little detail there, and i'll be thrilled, really.

You might think of it as unimportant details, but hey, i love details like that, perfect for immersion !

How about let's have the hair in all the cut scenes match your hair cut? I've had the Elven rebel cut all game long, then all of a sudden when he goes to bed with Yen it's his samurai do.

Also - if there are options to run animations in scripts in Redkit, I fully intend on implementing a potion drinking animation mod - it will be combined into a whole alchemy mod, which will give longer, Witcher 2 style potion durations, remove alcohol refilling, and change ingredients to be more balanced for this style alchemy. I think we ALL miss Witcher 2's alchemy. I don't know anyone who is happy with the way it is now.

Anyone found a mod that recolours the Ursine Armour to be more like the orignal pics of it? Darker, not grey-white, I mean? I looked, but got zip nada. Maybe a REDkit thing.

Anyone found a mod that recolours the Ursine Armour to be more like the orignal pics of it? Darker, not grey-white, I mean? I looked, but got zip nada. Maybe a REDkit thing.

As far as I know, no one has been able to change the way any armor sets look. People have managed to swap/change stats, but there doesn't seem to be any appearance changing mods yet.

I looked at the bear armor and saw an image of the original look, I loved it and made it my mission to get it all. Boy... was I disappointed when I finally got to mastercrafted. The actual set doesn't even look half as good as the dark original concept.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, can someone pleeeeeeeease put in Triss' outfit from The Witcher 2 as her alternative outfit?

Oh and whilst I'm posting wish lists, any chance someone can mod the Bear armour to look like the concept of it?

http://bit.ly/1LPLowx

Top Bottom