Game crashes when going to Kaer Trolde

+
Game crashes when going to Kaer Trolde

Fast travelling from the harbour to the bridge crashes the game, as well as attempting to ride the horse up to the fort. If needed, I can upload a save file, but it will take a bit as I don't know how as of yet.

Hello, I get a crash when im teleporting to there, fun this place still bugs in 2017

I sent a bug report, thanks for the link.

hoping for a fix

Last edited:
Can you provide a little more info:

0.) What platform are you on?

1.) Standard Game or NG+?

(For PC versions: )

2.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any?

3.) Have you tried verifying / repairing through Steam / GOG / Origin?

4.) Did you ever use any console commands over the course of your playthrough?

5.) What version of Windows are you using?

Good evening,

I'm running the standard game, i verified files through Steam already and i don't use any mods, just playing it casually,
and my computer is few months old, i don't have any bug on other games.

P.S: The support just told me to verify cash files, which wasn't really helpful then..

Thanks for answering

i5 6600, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070
Win 10, 64 Bits

Let's explore sideways a bit:

1.) Did you by any chance download the GOTY Edition and also install Blood and Wine, Hearts of Stone, and/or any of the individual DLCs separately?

2.) What is your complete installation path? (e.g. C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\...)

3.) What anti-virus are you using?

4.) Can you describe the crash in more detail? Where does it occur? Steps leading up to it? Can you reliably re-create it, or is it somewhat random? Any error messages?

- I have no DLC

- "F:\Myname\Jeux\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" (It's installed on my HDD, C: is SSD on my computer)

- I'm using Eset Nod32 Anti virus

- The bug occurs when im teleporting from Velen/Novigrad directly to Kaer Trolde bridge. It happens sometimes in other places but it's very rare.
When it crashes, it just closes without a warning, like if the process was suddenly killed. I'm not sure if it crashes because it finished loading or if it's still loading though.

strafe_nyu;n9645581 said:
- "F:\Myname\Jeux\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" (It's installed on my HDD, C: is SSD on my computer)

Did you create that path? Just confirming.

- I'm using Eset Nod32 Anti virus

Possible culprit...I don't know this one. Just ensure that the installation folder and the config folder (usually ...Documents\The Witcher 3\...) are added to its exceptions list.

- The bug occurs when im teleporting from Velen/Novigrad directly to Kaer Trolde bridge. It happens sometimes in other places but it's very rare. When it crashes, it just closes without a warning, like if the process was suddenly killed. I'm not sure if it crashes because it finished loading or if it's still loading though.

It's possible that the game is looking for DLC. Ensure you have ALL Free DLC installed, even if you don't intend to use them (they can be toggled on or off through the main menu). If you've purchased the expansions, do install them as well.

If that doesn't rectify it, but this can be recreated 100% of the time, it's usually indicative of either a.) mod data that is left over, even if the mods themselves are uninstalled, or b.) data corruption that can be fixed by a verify / repair. I know you've said you've run a verification, but you may want to delete everything in the ...Documents \ The Witcher 3\... folder (EXCEPT the savegames folder, KEEP that) and try again during off-peak hours to ensure maximum bandwidth and no package loss.

Aside from all of that, you'll probably be looking at a complete re-install to a new location. If you do decide to go that route:

1.) Uninstall the game, then follow these steps to move the Steam installation to a new folder. (You'll likely have to verify any installed games once after doing this.)

2.) Run CCLeaner to scan and fix Registry errors. Keep running the scan over and over until it reports "No conflicts detected." Restart your PC. Run the scan repeatedly again. Keep doing this until the scan reports "No conflicts" immediately following a restart.

3.) Now, install TW3 again.

Top Bottom