Drop fps when use torch and Igni

+
Drop fps when use torch and Igni

Hello, people. There is some problem i have. When i use igni or when stand near fire source, or when use torch, or when the weather is bad i get fps drop. You can see this at the screenshots.
​​​​​​I tried everything that i found in the internet - nothing helped. But i'm sure there has to be a simple tweak to solve this problem.

https://i.imgur.com/yCrCrEy.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums, 30fps!

(Awesome nickname, btw! :D)

1.) Can you post your specs?

2.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

3.) Did you happen to tweak the way either lighting or shadows work by editing the config files?

1)My pc is very low.
Pentium G3258
Radeon HD 7750
8gb RAM
I use latest video driver.

2) I use debug console mod only.

3)I lowered shadow quality at "Max Spot Shadow size" and "Max Cube Shadow size", but this didn't change fps. I dont know how to tweak lighting in this game.

• CPU: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940.
  • RAM: 6 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 40 GB.
Minimum requirements. :(

While it's possible to squeeze some playable performance out of certain games below minimum specs, I'm afraid TW3 often brings systems that exceed the recommended specs to their knees. (I use an i7-4790K and GTX 980 ti, and Hairworks will drop my performance into the 20's in places.)

For the health of your PC, if you're noticing any weird behavior (graphical artifacting, flickering, sudden FPS plummets into the single digits, etc.), I would stop playing the game on it. Straining hardware like that can result in overheating and damage. As long as the game fluctuates around the 20-30 range, and everything is solid (if choppy), you should be okay. I'm afraid there's not much to be done to improve performance though. You could check the Nexus and see if anyone has released a mod that disables graphical features specifically for low-end / below-spec systems. Stuff like that exists for Bethesda titles, and they work quite well!

I know minimum requirements of this game, lol, of course i know them. I understand that Witcher 3 is the game you have to play with powerful hardware cuz this game is so damn beautiful. Just here in Russia people are poor mostly. And prices for hardware are very high. Average salary in my region is about 200$-250$ per month. And for example gtx 1050 (2gb) costs about 175$. But we want to play Witcher 3 too). Sadly there is no way to tweak lighting.

Last edited:
30fps;n10690321 said:
I know minimum requirements of this game, lol, of course i know them. I understand that Witcher 3 is the game you have to play with powerful hardware cuz this game is so damn beautiful. Just here in Russia people are poor mostly. And prices for hardware are very high. Average salary in my region is about 200$-250$ per month. And for example gtx 1050 (2gb) costs about 175$. But we want to play Witcher 3 too). Sadly there is no way to tweak lighting.

Not that I have any knowledge of. I think the best bet is to keep an eye on the Nexus for any mods that directly decrease visuals below Low settings.

If on a tight budget, rather than "upgrading", I'd save more pennies and buy an ASUS RoG laptop. They perform surprisingly well for their cost. You can get a system for ~$800 USD that will be a lot of bang for the buck. I've owned 3 over time, and the last one I bought in 2012 is still running just fine today. In fact, TW3 and Fallout 4 are the only two games I have that it can't run.

Top Bottom