All camera mods breaking the game, even on clean install

+
All camera mods breaking the game, even on clean install

Hi,

Like the title says. I just recently got back to the game I am applying mods before playing, but when I try to use any camera mod (Absolute Camera, Immerive Cam etc) game freezes at startup and it is not fixed with mod removal, I had to reinstall the game each time this happens. This is not because of conflicts with other mods because I tried on clean install too and it breaks too. Many other mods are working without any issues but only camera ones are breaking the game.

I don't really now what may be causing it and why removing the mod or repairing game files through GOG doesn't fix the game, it has to be reinstalled to work again.

Any help appreciated

i7 5960X
GTX 1080 SLI
16 GB RAM
Win10 64bit
GOG GOTY version

It could be that one both of these mods were designed for previous versions of the game. I'd advice you to remove both mods first and try out each mod seperately to find out which one causes the error. Also make sure that you have installed the latest version of the mod.

It can also be an issue caused by running the game with Vsync off, unlimited frames, G-Sync active, and/or having hardware overclocked. Alternatively, are you running the game directly through the .EXE, or are you launching through Steam / GOG / Origin. There may be an overlay or feature like Nvidia Ansel hooking the same files the mods access and causing the issue.

I have wiped out all game files from my PC (didn't help before) and completely removed display drivers and installed everything from scratch. So far I launched the game properly few times with camera mod installed. Hopefully the issue won't appear again, although something like "it magically didn't work and now it magically works" is not very convincing, but hopefully it will magically works until I finish the game :D Thanks for answers.

KRZYCH04650;n9489101 said:
I have wiped out all game files from my PC (didn't help before) and completely removed display drivers and installed everything from scratch. So far I launched the game properly few times with camera mod installed. Hopefully the issue won't appear again, although something like "it magically didn't work and now it magically works" is not very convincing, but hopefully it will magically works until I finish the game :D Thanks for answers.

No problem! May you slay many foes from exactly the angle and FoV that your prefer!

There might be mod compatibility issues with the GOTY release. there is a unification patch that prepares the GOTY edition for compatibility with pre GOTY mods. And I think youre aware of the Script Merger - if not check it out.

Top Bottom