Staff member

+
valdrgalga said:
Hi MM360,Thank you for answering the questions, but you seem to have missed mine. :)If you've got the time, could you please answer it? It's the question concerning the facial animations and lively cities, the only small problems I have with an otherwise great engine. Thanks!
I'm terribly sorry. I think I mentioned somewhere that quite often I start typing an answer and I have to leave my computer to do something and after I come back I might skip a question or two. In case this happens just remind me your question and I'll stand corrected:)Now, back to your question. Yes, animations are still being tweaked so I wouldn't worry about this. Same thing goes for populating cities. Various things are being added all the time.

JohanS said:
JohanS said:
@Johan S: You will have to block manually - there will be a special skill later in the game, after purchasing which, Geralt will block automatically.
Sorry, if I wasn't clear enough. I'm not question the method how to block but rather if being surrounded would be an issue when you block. Let's say Geralt is in battle stance and enemies surround him. Will he if I choose to hold down the button and manually block, block all strikes no matter which direction they come from and no matter how many who tries to hit me simuntaneously, or will he in this situation only block the attacks coming in front of him (or the first one) and therefore be hit in the back?The reason I ask this, is that in some games you could pretty much drink coffee and watch the weather while pressing the block button and even as you're character is surrounded nothing will happen, cause he will block all attacks.
Well in this case... the last method mentioned by you applies here. Also, like I mentioned before, you will get hit from the back if you don't turn around and block. No easy mode here:)Hope this answer clears it up a bit.

@Jackinthegreen: There is no official statement on this subject.@Orochi82: Nope, there will be mutagens though.@Exuro89 & Gvaz: Yes, we are still working on many aspects of the game. I actually saw guys working on this animation just yesterday:)@Johan S: You will have to block manually - there will be a special skill later in the game, after purchasing which, Geralt will block automatically.

@PCMaster: You will have to choose an enemy you wish to attack. At later stage of your character development you will be able to strike more than one opponent at once.As for localisation of extra content: I do not know yet, you will have to ask me this question in a few weeks:(@Mettrinker: Final system requirements will be announced before the game release. We will do it as soon as we can.@Netopier: Witcher 2 will be a very mature adventure, all of the elements you've mentioned will be in the game - you can bet on it:)@MichGen1200: There is a default behind the back camera, but you can rotate it around Geralt.

secondchildren said:
I've taken a look around some new upcoming games: Alice Madness Returns is one of those I'm waiting for mostly. I was really addicted to the first AMAlice, so I won't lose this second chapter. :D
A friend showed me some trailers last year and it looked very promising. When is this game supposed to drop?

Longshot11 said:
Can someone from CDP give a definite information if its 8000 symbols with or without spaces? My story is around 7400 w/o them, but it tranlates to over 9000 with space. It will suck if I have to cut content off, but it will suck even more to get DQed because of a trivial misunderstanding.
It's completely fine:) Send it over to us - it's just couple more hours;O

Painterz said:
Yeah, I only just found out about the contest from the newsletter that arrived in my inbox just now too.Any chance of the deadline being extended for those of us who were only just told that the deadline is like, the same day we were told about it? :)
Unfortunately not:( But hey, don't worry - there might be new contests coming your way quite soon.

@slimgrin: Of course we won't have all skills in the beginning of the game:)@Dudalizer: No official news yet, sorry:(@PCMaster: Could you elaborate please on this topic please? I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.

@flyingsaucers: Originally there are 3 awards planned, but if some entries deserve additional recognition we will award them as well:)Also, if you saw those nice press-kits, participating in our contests is the best way to obtain them=)

@e-ahmet: A lot of my friends were playing this game at one point. I was going to but had too many other games and got sidetracked by them;p I might pick it up since it's on games on demand on XBL now. Overall it looks good.

Top Bottom