Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
Hey guys I just spent a few hours troubleshooting the registration problem. Basically I'm running windows 7 and reinstalled the witcher, but could not install the patch due to the registration issue with enabling cookies. After messing around with a bunch of technical fixes I remembered in the past it is a time stamp issue with the cookie. If your time or day is wrong in windows it will misread the cookie timestamp and your registration will screw up. MAKE SURE THE TIME AND DATE ARE CORRECT OR YOU WILL RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES FOREVER. Hope this helps someone. ;)

Hi,A friend gave me the Witcher a ways back. I've started playing it and am mighty impressed. Now that I'm into it I'm looking at downloading the full update, thingamee. The catch. This is a nefarious early Canadian version.So, no CD key printed. In theory I might go to Atari and plead for a cd key. In practice they seem to be having some trouble of their own, and I am unable to work through any of their web sites.Can anyone help me with this pesky challenge?I'd like to add that there are many places referring me to Atari sites,many places offering me cd keys for the low price of something excessive and a few offering hacks. Not particularly interested in most of those options.[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

jrrtolkien2008 said:
If your time or day is wrong in windows it will misread the cookie timestamp and your registration will screw up. MAKE SURE THE TIME AND DATE ARE CORRECT OR YOU WILL RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES FOREVER. Hope this helps someone. ;)
yep, just like the FAQ says ;)
jrrtolkien2008 said:
A friend gave me the Witcher a ways back. I've started playing it and am mighty impressed. Now that I'm into it I'm looking at downloading the full update, thingamee. The catch. This is a nefarious early Canadian version.So, no CD key printed. In theory I might go to Atari and plead for a cd key. In practice they seem to be having some trouble of their own, and I am unable to work through any of their web sites.Can anyone help me with this pesky challenge?
Follow this link: http://www.atari.com/us/support/supportemail/supportemail_form.php?productName=The+WitcherAsk for a REPLACEMENT KEY telling them that you bought the game in Canada. Be sure to give them proof of purchase.Make sure you get an Atari Customer Support Case number.

I've skimmed this thread, but admit I didn't read all 69 pages. I have a bit of an unusual registration problem (I think!)I bought The Witcher last year, registered at the time, all good (my profile should show that). Now I'm trying to install the EE 1.4 patch. You need to log in to do that. Only I apparently didn't use a normal password for me, and can't remember what it might be. The only reason I was able to log in is my browser remembered the password.I used a "forgot your password" link from the games register program, which gave me a link in my email, but when I try changing the password there, I get told invalid activation code.Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to get my password to install 1.4?

Grunthex said:
I used a "forgot your password" link from the games register program, which gave me a link in my email, but when I try changing the password there, I get told invalid activation code.
see this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2585.msg447631#msg447631

Thanks! I actually dug out an email archive from a year ago to find my original forum password, but I'm sure your link would have worked too! *grin* So full marks for prompt answers. Now if I could just take the day off and play...

Hi all,I have forgotten my password and when I try and activate I click on the "Forggetten Password" button. I get an email, click on it but then I get this error when trying to reset my password:An Error Has Occurred! Invalid activation code Any help appreciated as I cant patch the game at this point due to this error.Thanks,

solomani said:
I have forgotten my password and when I try and activate I click on the "Forggetten Password" button. I get an email, click on it but then I get this error when trying to reset my password:An Error Has Occurred! Invalid activation code
see this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2585.msg447631#msg447631

Im fed up with PCs. I probably have 100 plus passwords for various web-sites and forums and a lot of the time when Im asked to do something it doesnt work. I played The Witcher when it first came out and got annoyed with the inventory. now I have the enhamced edition and now i find i cant even register the game.Why are these things rarely ever straight forward?OK. Ive created an account and when I try to put my CD key in it just hangs there with the little blue cursor thing going round and round till eventually the thing times out with the message "operation times out"!Ive tried registering through the CD and the web-site but I get the same problem, it just hangs there. I swear these things are sent to test us. Anyway, Ive got the CD, downloaded the EE and I cant register the game. Anyonr got any ideas please? And why is the text in this forum so flipping small?

That is The Witcher: Versus subforum.Let me move the topic to the correct place :) - In-game Tech

tenderhooks said:
Im fed up with PCs. I probably have 100 plus passwords for various web-sites and forums and a lot of the time when Im asked to do something it doesnt work. I played The Witcher when it first came out and got annoyed with the inventory. now I have the enhamced edition and now i find i cant even register the game.Why are these things rarely ever straight forward?OK. Ive created an account and when I try to put my CD key in it just hangs there with the little blue cursor thing going round and round till eventually the thing times out with the message "operation times out"!Ive tried registering through the CD and the web-site but I get the same problem, it just hangs there. I swear these things are sent to test us. Anyway, Ive got the CD, downloaded the EE and I cant register the game. Anyonr got any ideas please? And why is the text in this forum so flipping small?
any firewall active?tryed in Safe Mode with Networking?

I've tried every possible route to get this game registered. I bought it when it was first released and have supportedthe developers. But this is outrageous.I've contacted support 3 times over the past few months and haven't received one response. I have tried to registeron multiple PCs and have still been told I need to enable cookies.Is there NO way to get the enhanced edition aside from directly pirating it? I bought the game, I'm trying to register it andbe a legitimate customer. All I'm getting in response is constant headaches trying to register the game through this godforsakenactivation system.~~If that wasn't clear enough, I've tried every possible method to activate my game. Safe mode with networking, sharing the folder,opening all ports, disabling anti-virus/firewall programs. Absolutely everything. I would like some resolution to this so I can simplyplay the EE.

Hi guys, I have trouble registering my copy, maybe someone can help me with this.Some background first:When I registered it the first time (in September) everthing went well. I've created an account entered my serial, and got the confirmation e-mail.Now I wanted to install the game again ( and play it once more :) ), but when I try to register it (using the same account), the program says that "the key is already used...".Thus, I can't install the enhanced edition.And no, I didn't give my serial key to anyone.Is this a known problem?Any suggestions?Thanks

maxa said:
Hi guys, I have trouble registering my copy, maybe someone can help me with this.Some background first:When I registered it the first time (in September) everthing went well. I've created an account entered my serial, and got the confirmation e-mail.Now I wanted to install the game again ( and play it once more :) ), but when I try to register it (using the same account), the program says that "the key is already used...".Thus, I can't install the enhanced edition.And no, I didn't give my serial key to anyone.Is this a known problem?Any suggestions?
this account has no registered game attached to itdid you get the confirmation email on this account ?see this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2585.msg447631#msg447631

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Hi guys, I have trouble registering my copy, maybe someone can help me with this.Some background first:When I registered it the first time (in September) everthing went well. I've created an account entered my serial, and got the confirmation e-mail.Now I wanted to install the game again ( and play it once more :) ), but when I try to register it (using the same account), the program says that "the key is already used...".Thus, I can't install the enhanced edition.And no, I didn't give my serial key to anyone.Is this a known problem?Any suggestions?
this account has no registered game attached to itdid you get the confirmation email on this account ?see this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2585.msg447631#msg447631
Indeed, it's strange that it doesn't show that I registered the game.As for your question, yes, I still have the confirmation email that was sent to me back in September when I registered the game.Now that I looked through it, I found something strange, why on earth my serial was included in the email?

Logite said:
If that wasn't clear enough, I've tried every possible method to activate my game. Safe mode with networking, sharing the folder,opening all ports, disabling anti-virus/firewall programs. Absolutely everything. I would like some resolution to this so I can simply play the EE.
and your timezone in correct? and your system time is updated? and you cleared cookies for Internet Explorer?
Logite said:
Now that I looked through it, I found something strange, why on earth my serial was included in the email?
ask ATARI :psee that link :beer:

Hi all I hope this is in the right section , but if not I apologize in advance. Anyways, my problem is simple and I have already stated it eloquently enough in the subject, so (to mods in particular), is there any way to retrieve my key. I mean, isn't it linked to my account here somehow. couldn't someone just ask me a few questions to prove its really me and then email me the key. I hate sounding desparate but I would rather play the finished product rather than vanilla Witcher. If this is not possible let me know so I can make plans to buy the enhanced edition (ouch, I am very poor-seriously). Thanks in advance for any help /info that gets floated my way

bleakstar93 said:
Hi all I hope this is in the right section , but if not I apologize in advance. Anyways, my problem is simple and I have already stated it eloquently enough in the subject, so (to mods in particular), is there any way to retrieve my key. I mean, isn't it linked to my account here somehow. couldn't someone just ask me a few questions to prove its really me and then email me the key. I hate sounding desparate but I would rather play the finished product rather than vanilla Witcher. If this is not possible let me know so I can make plans to buy the enhanced edition (ouch, I am very poor-seriously). Thanks in advance for any help /info that gets floated my way
you got your key in your email when you registered your game

I understand that, but I got the game and registered it on the day it came out so I dont know what to do about my key now. I know I should probably put in a ticket with Atari's support website but in my experience with them in the past, I would have to say that a caring attitude was a prerequisite for getting a job with their customer support team...and thats when they've actually answered my emails (and yes, of course I was polite). Sorry if I sound at all catty, but I want to play the Witcher and this is starting to frustrate me. I kmow its my own fault, I should have kept better track of such an important document, and yes I mean that th Witcher is important to me, so....anywaysI'll shut up and wait for a response now

bleakstar93 said:
I understand that, but I got the game and registered it on the day it came out so I dont know what to do about my key now
well, if you don't have that email anymore, contact ATARI: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=19615.0

Top Bottom