Problems with savegames

+
Problems with savegames

Hello everyone, i recently started playing the witcher 2 on my pc, and everything was okay on my system, the game ran at 35-50 fps, but yesterday, at flotsam i was doing that quest when you need to meet loredo and the guard said "you need to wait after dusk". So okay, i meditate and after that, HORRIBLE LAG appeared, when i would normally get 45fps, i get 19. I first thought it was a time-of-day issue or something, so i meditated back to noon, but the issue still remained. Then, today i tried a new game and everything was working all-right, constant 45 fps. So what do i have to do without erasing my save games and playing everything from start? Sorry for my poor english, i play on dark mode my windows is xp SP3, 4Gb ram, geforce gt440(OCed), and intel pentium g620 dual core @2.66GHZ

What screen resolution are you playing at . If not already try at 1280 x 720 and windowed to see if the framerate on your savegame improves any .

Im playing at 1024x768,on lowest settings, even reducing it to 640x480 didn't help, it still gives me low fps (though 7 more)

Normal temps, like for all games, gpu max temp - 56C cpu max temp - 45C. As i said, if i start a new game everything ruins fluidly, so i suspect its a glitch or a corrupted save file, it never happened to me before.

Do all save games have the lag or only a certain 1 or 2 ? If only a few then i would try going to the first one that doesn`t have any lag and retry .

Well... I guess i have to use the older savegames (i save very rarely), not a big problem, i just tried to meditate at that older savegame, everything is working okay... Well, thanks for the help :).

Top Bottom