[Act IV] Why Oh Why

+
[Act IV] Why Oh Why

Is this kid Alvin following me all over in this chapter??! Can't I feed him to the Wyverns or something?? ::) Good grief. A sidekick who whines.

His former guardian is dead. And didn't you hear yourself say that you'd look after him for awhile? Sheesh, we never even see you feed the poor child! :)You'll have the opportunity to talk with Alvin about some important things, and what you say could be important....

Corylea said:
His former guardian is dead. And didn't you hear yourself say that you'd look after him for awhile? Sheesh, we never even see you feed the poor child! :)
Not true, I offered him a pear if he'd go get lost in a cave. :pYou'll have the opportunity to talk with Alvin about some important things, and what you say could be important....[/QUOTE]Talk with him? Won't that just encourage him to keep following me? Every time I turn around, there he is .. again, and again, and again.

firstrune said:
Talk with him? Won't that just encourage him to keep following me? Every time I turn around, there he is .. again, and again, and again.
You can't get rid of him, so talking won't hurt.Oh, firstrune? You might want to think hard before having kids of your own -- following you around and asking questions is what they DO. :)

Corylea said:
You can't get rid of him, so talking won't hurt.
I can't get rid of him?? Oh crapolas. I did find if I take the hut as a reward from the hermit, Alvin can't follow me into the hut. Ah, nirvana.. Geralt in the hut, enjoying a warm fire, some nice wine, spinning a few potions. Alvin .... outside ... with the Wyverns, and Devourers, and Wraiths ... Now this is good programming. ;D
Corylea said:
Oh, firstrune? You might want to think hard before having kids of your own -- following you around and asking questions is what they DO. :)
Corylea, I assure you this shall never be a problem, the clock ticked out a long time ago, and I have no children and no regrets. ;) Geralt has told me as well that he's not the father type, he's trying to sell Alvin to Julian. :D

firstrune said:
firstrune said:
You can't get rid of him, so talking won't hurt.
I can't get rid of him?? Oh crapolas. I did find if I take the hut as a reward from the hermit, Alvin can't follow me into the hut. Ah, nirvana.. Geralt in the hut, enjoying a warm fire, some nice wine, spinning a few potions. Alvin .... outside ... with the Wyverns, and Devourers, and Wraiths ... Now this is good programming. ;D
*laugh* Cute!It used to be that you couldn't do very much with the hut. Can you meditate there now and all?

Corylea said:
*laugh* Cute!It used to be that you couldn't do very much with the hut. Can you meditate there now and all?
I kinda assumed that if they were offering me a HUT in Chapter Four, then maybe a MANSION or somesuch might be available in Chapter Five .. so I took the mysterious "wreathe" that sheister Hermit kept enticing me with. So a few screen-loads LATER, I'm talking with both "wraith" sisters, the 'innocent' one is saved, the 'troubled' one ATTACKS me (mistake on her part, 'ol bean), and .. I'm on a boat back to Vizima with this wreath in my hand going .. "wait! WAIIIIT! What do I -do- with this thing?! Hello! Can you hear me on shore?! CATCH! I'm giving this back and I'll take the HUT! Tidy it up for me and have it ready when I return!!" ]:-> .. I don't think they 'heard' me. :'(

Corylea said:
After you loot all the stuff in there, yes, it appears you can use the fireplace in there to meditate. I left Geralt in there about 48 hours ago, he won't come back out because he's knows Alvin is waiting.. :D

Tobariah said:
Tobariah said:
I kinda assumed that if they were offering me a HUT in Chapter Four, then maybe a MANSION or somesuch might be available in Chapter Five .. so I took the mysterious "wreathe" that sheister Hermit kept enticing me with. So a few screen-loads LATER, I'm talking with both "wraith" sisters, the 'innocent' one is saved, the 'troubled' one ATTACKS me (mistake on her part, 'ol bean), and .. I'm on a boat back to Vizima with this wreath in my hand going .. "wait! WAIIIIT! What do I -do- with this thing?! Hello! Can you hear me on shore?! CATCH! I'm giving this back and I'll take the HUT! Tidy it up for me and have it ready when I return!!" ]:-> .. I don't think they 'heard' me. :'(
I had to really debate taking the wreath, but was curious about the hut. I thought it may be kind of like the houses you can buy in Oblivion, where he could store stuff, etc. So that was kind of disappointing. However, getting away from Alvin made that choice very worthwhile. :D I'll be sure to tidy it when I leave.

you can kill the nightwraith repeatedly and she keeps coming back, so you can actually still use the wreath to save her if you want. I'm not up to Act IV yet in the EE but prior to that patch, the quest never updated about her being saved anyway, or worse, it said you didn't no matter what anyway, but you can get rid of the wreath if you want :)

gamewidow said:
you can kill the nightwraith repeatedly and she keeps coming back, so you can actually still use the wreath to save her if you want. I'm not up to Act IV yet in the EE but prior to that patch, the quest never updated about her being saved anyway, or worse, it said you didn't no matter what anyway, but you can get rid of the wreath if you want :)
I've done this quest in the EE, and the wreath of immortelles STILL doesn't work. (Well, it does work to release her, but you can't tell Julian that you released her, and the quest log in your journal doesn't update, just like before.) I was sure they would have fixed this, so I was disappointed.

Top Bottom