Homecoming stream 16.10.2018

+
I feel like you are just trolling every post that expresses disdain towards what you like. I've learned to skip your comments but sometimes it's so outrageous that I can't overlook. There's so much wrong in that one sentence I don't even know where to start.

The complaints have been always about the game mechanics and gameplay changes. No one questions CDPR's ability to deliver a game. They have proven that to us with The Witcher 3, which is still the best RPG game to this date, and the preview of Cyberpunk 2077 that wowed many.

In fact, I am impressed by what I saw in this video. The amount of effort that CDPR put into HC to personalize the game for players is indeed commendable. The concern is that no matter how alluring and dazzling the skin is, if the fruit tastes dull and bland, there won't be many patrons left to support. From PTR, the polls, it seems exactly the case. Even if the polls had been 50/50, it would be still a problem to the fan base since 50% discontented fans may consider the departure from Gwent for good. This is not a small minority. But at the end it all comes down to CDPR. If they are fine with that, there's really nothing more I can say. After all it's their business, and all I can do is either support or not.

P.S. People have right to speak 24/7. If you don't like that, it is YOU should avoid public forums such as this.
Thanks for your comment, i would've surely appreciated it if i was just bothered enough to actually read it. Have a nice day.

Dude what are you talking about? I've joined this game in November 2016, during closed beta. Sorry, your little post about me being new and thus not appreciating the good old gwent gets debunked.

And what makes you think it won't be skillful during HC? It's your great experience and skill as a pro player i guess.

I don't know why you made the entire post about yourself somehow might just be poor reading comprehension but atleast get your own joining date correct. If you did partake in the closed beta through to the open beta [before the drastic changes] and actively played during that period then I shouldn't have to hold your hand through the point I was making.

Also in bold you're deflecting once again with a strawman, I highlighted you stating that the gameplay is much better now which I wanted to know why you think that and how so. I even mentioned to inbox me so we don't derail the thread discussing it. As others have pointed out it's best I just ignore you but it is hard at times.
Hahaha. I love how lvl 41 rank 20 calls you "new".

Whoever expects a polished game on release is rather naive, if I may. Certainly, it will require hotfixes, quick patches and whatnot. But, for one, it doesn't look to me that whoever draws better that one card in r3 wins.

lol dude the clues in the avatar, the signature is old and just a personal reminder of a homebrew deck with limited games reaching over 4k mmr at the time.

No ones expecting a polished game on release even though that should have been the goal through having a 2 year beta which went out of the window. The problem is that the core game mechanics and simplified gameplay shown in the PTR is what we will be getting with all the jazz and glitz from this stream. It's far from ready and actually requires a beta in itself. With Artifact being released around the same time and MTG Arena in open beta now, I'm afraid it will be too late for Gwent to pick itself up again. We just feel like the game should have been worked on during the closed beta/beginning of open beta period instead of this drastic change that superficially is salvaging you from the current gwent which is their doing in the first place.

Thanks for your comment, i would've surely appreciated it if i was just bothered enough to actually read it. Have a nice day.

That's an elegant counter-argument if I've ever seen one. Is it alright if I lead by your example in the future? Next time I get into an argument IRL I'll just call the other person ugly and walk away.

I don't know why you made the entire post about yourself somehow might just be poor reading comprehension but atleast get your own joining date correct. If you did partake in the closed beta through to the open beta [before the drastic changes] and actively played during that period then I shouldn't have to hold your hand through the point I was making.
And what is that point exactly? Because i'm getting confused here. I seriously hope you are not implying that since i'm a CB player i MUST prefer current gwent than HC, because that would be complete nonsense.

I like the bells and whistles shown here. The way rankings work and the way you make people prove skill on the ladder are huge improvements. It defintely makes me want to play this new Gwent. I might even put 100 hours into it. But, and this is a big but...the game play is clearly inferior to what we had before. I believe you will get the board cleaned up. I believe you will find some way to make turns go faster. The coin flip fix is great. But having watched other people play this new Gwent I am very skeptical that the game is more complex or interesting compared to the old Gwent. I will play for the bells and whistles and not for the game play. And I will play because I want CD Project Red to succeed. I am also tossing 30 dollars your way for Throne Breaker which, too my total surprise, looks a lot more interesting to play then new Gwent. I like what you are trying to do, but I am baffled as too why you couldn't introduce these new ideas and keep the old ones. What we were missing were a few balance fixes and say a 1000 new cards with twice as many leaders. That would keep the game fresh for at least 2 years. But I suppose I should stop here, because I am off topic.

That's an elegant counter-argument if I've ever seen one. Is it alright if I lead by your example in the future? Next time I get into an argument IRL I'll just call the other person ugly and walk away.
Sure thing. But it wasn't a counter-argument to be specific, because there wasn't an argument to begin with. He just throwed a couple of insults and other nonsense. The rest i don't know, i didn't bothered reading past the first sentence and it would've been a waste of time regardless.
Post automatically merged:

Wish there was one last final golden keg day before the HC. :/
It's fine really, we had so many (especially compared to the competition) that it would be overkill to ask for one more.

And what is that point exactly? Because i'm getting confused here. I seriously hope you are not implying that since i'm a CB player i MUST prefer current gwent than HC, because that would be complete nonsense.

That is not what I'm implying at all, you should breathe and actually read properly what I stated instead of throwing another strawman. You mentioned many a times that the game play is now much better, most players from closed beta/beginning of open beta state otherwise and ask you why you think that. I don't think you played enough during that period if at all from the responses I see. You mentioned previously 2 rows now have ''meaning'' ignoring all the other negative points mentioned about the PTR Gameplay. Players then remind you 3 rows had ''meaning'' in closed beta to some extent and why not just build upon that instead of removing a row, as nothing in the PTR has shown why this couldn't be the case. You then continously ignore this and deflect once again.

Came to forums, saw this post and 4 pages of comments. Became really interested to read about people's take on the new progression system. But no, what I got is almost half of discussion full of how cdpr is trying to 'distract' and in depth off-topic discussion on how HC card mechanics are dull etc etc.....

Wow guys. :)

Sure thing. But it wasn't a counter-argument to be specific, because there wasn't an argument to begin with. He just throwed a couple of insults and other nonsense. The rest i don't know, i didn't bothered reading past the first sentence and it would've been a waste of time regardless.

Let's pretend for a moment there is a multi-verse and in one version of events the exchange went like so....

1. "Hey, cool UI/graphical upgrades. I don't think they will cut it if the game play sucks.".
2. "You raised a valid concern but I don't feel the game play will suck.".

See there. No personal attacks, insults, declarations of ugliness, duels to preserve honor, overlord intervention or assaults on the forum space necessary. Just a thought...

Let's pretend for a moment there is a multi-verse and in one version of events the exchange went like so....

1. "Hey, cool UI/graphical upgrades. I don't think they will cut it if the game play sucks.".
2. "You raised a valid concern but I don't feel the game play will suck.".

See there. No personal attacks, insults, declarations of ugliness, duels to preserve honor, overlord intervention or assaults on the forum space necessary. Just a thought...
Look i agree with your point. Only chuckled a bit at the "valid concern" part. He should've avoided a flaming attempt (because i consider that post a flaming post since it had nothing to do with the stream in question) or at least reworded it in something like "nice stuff but i still don't like the gameplay".
Way nicer and no one would've quoted him. Simple right?

Please, let‘s stay friendly and focus on what was actually shown to us during the stream. For gameplay discussions there are other threads.

DRK3

Forum veteran
*slow clap

Well done, CDPR. You learned my weakness - achievments - and finally put it in Gwent.
Now even if im finding the new gameplay a downgrade from the previous one, i still wont be able to stop until that reward book is perfectly finished.

The life of a trophy/ achiev whore is so hard...

BTW Will our stats carry over? Should i expect hundreds of achievments on login? Or maybe only the collection-related ones? Should i open Kegs now if i already have a full collection?

P.S. -yay i'll finally be Rank 21...

I'd rather not comment on what you did or did not see in the stream yesterday. I don't keep up to date on your daily routine. :)

Game play > graphics/UI means the graphics and UI can be as great as they can be but it's immaterial if the game play doesn't make the cut. There is no need to assign any additional meaning to the statement. Whether the game play is or is not satisfactory remains to be seen.
I was being sarcastic there. This isn't a thread about gameplay and there's no reason to bring it up.
I'd rather not discuss the specifics of the game play here. That would be off-topic and arguably constitute animal cruelty. Let the dead horse rest in peace.
I don't understand. You mention it, expand on your reasons and when replied to, say it's off-topic? Ok. let's go back to the topic then. Which isn't "gameplay>graphics/UI" but "Homecoming stream 16.10.2018". A stream where it was specified that it isn't about gameplay. Whoever who wants to criticise the gameplay is more than welcome to debate that in an appropriate thread.
No ones expecting a polished game on release even though that should have been the goal through having a 2 year beta which went out of the window. The problem is that the core game mechanics and simplified gameplay shown in the PTR is what we will be getting with all the jazz and glitz from this stream. It's far from ready and actually requires a beta in itself. With Artifact being released around the same time and MTG Arena in open beta now, I'm afraid it will be too late for Gwent to pick itself up again. We just feel like the game should have been worked on during the closed beta/beginning of open beta period instead of this drastic change that superficially is salvaging you from the current gwent which is their doing in the first place.
Wait... are you seriously saying that current Gwent is better than the one we tried in PTR? Anyway, we can discuss this somewhere else. Yesterday, CDPR presented a great deal of good stuff. NOT CONNECTED to gameplay.

Last edited:
Moderator: A whole handful of posts just entered the Graveyard. This is not the place for personal skirmishes. The Guards warned participants to stay on topic several times. Posts deleted.

Wait... are you seriously saying that current Gwent is better than the one we tried in PTR? Anyway, we can discuss this somewhere else. Yesterday, CDPR presented a great deal of good stuff. NOT CONNECTED to gameplay.

Both are bad but I personally would like a dial back to the end of closed beta/beginning of open beta and work from there. I mentioned it at the end of the paragraph which you quoted.

I don't understand. You mention it, expand on your reasons and when replied to, say it's off-topic? Ok. let's go back to the topic then. Which isn't "gameplay>graphics/UI" but "Homecoming stream 16.10.2018". A stream where it was specified that it isn't about gameplay. Whoever who wants to criticise the gameplay is more than welcome to debate that in an appropriate thread.

To be fair "Homecoming stream 16.10.2018" is rather vague. The thread was up prior to the stream too. I don't see how it's off-topic to say X looks great, when X was shown in the media mentioned in the topic, but Y is a bigger concern. Further elaboration on Y could be construed as off-topic. Does that make any sense?

There isn't much harm in going off-topic and discussing the game play, provided it can be done with civility. In any case, preferring to avoid further discussion about has less to do with the off-topic component and more about the dead horse part. It's been discussed to death and isn't changing.

Would it help if I fell on my sword and agreed to be your vassal?

Did I miss the leek that Burza promised "tomorrow morning" at the end of the clip?
Despite having scrap for a full collection, I'm looking forward to starting as a new player with a limited collection and a whole game ahead of me. It's like the dream of being able to forget a good book as soon as you've finished, so you can read it all over again.
Since the whole front portal seems to be LiveOps, (and independent of the game engine), it would be great if you could access it via web or mobile, so you could build decks on the bus, or bust kegs when a premium event happens while you're visiting Nana.

Both are bad but I personally would like a dial back to the end of closed beta/beginning of open beta and work from there. I mentioned it at the end of the paragraph which you quoted.
Are you implying that Henselt Promote was a good game state? If so, we have different views on what a good game should look like.
To be fair "Homecoming stream 16.10.2018" is rather vague. The thread was up prior to the stream too. I don't see how it's off-topic to say X looks great, when X was shown in the media mentioned in the topic, but Y is a bigger concern. Further elaboration on Y could be construed as off-topic. Does that make any sense?

There isn't much harm in going off-topic and discussing the game play, provided it can be done with civility. In any case, preferring to avoid further discussion about has less to do with the off-topic component and more about the dead horse part. It's been discussed to death and isn't changing.

Would it help if I fell on my sword and agreed to be your vassal?
Aha. You're doubling down on talking a lot off-topic then remind us it's off-topic and we all should refrain form doing so? I see what you're doing there, hahaha...

Top Bottom