How much control do you have over what your character can wear in 2077?

+
Like @SarahGabriella say Gerald is character from the book and game was base on the book, so ofc you can't change his gender or is he tall or small, fat or slim.

Long ago i also comment that V character creation and options about her Hero/Life Event/Why Night City are copy of Mass Effect Shepard background, people start to talk how it is wrong and how Shepard is established in Mass Effect Lore, point is both are defined character.

Blank sheet character is Watcher from PoE 1 or your Duke/Duchess from Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Also OP ask more about if he can dress his male V in female cloths if he want that.

I do realize that Geralt was a book character that was kinda my point but it dosen`t matter now you have given me a game i haven`t heard of before Pathfinder Kingmaker to watch on YouTube ;)

SHOULD you be able to do what you've asked (and other things, because this whole concept of character freedom extends far beyond sexuality/clothing choice)? Yeah, absolutely, in a vaccuum.

Whether or not that will happen, I don't know. Lots of factors to consider. It's always a question of resource allocation, which is something we've discussed frequently on these forums over the years. Is a male version of a thong (maybe even a bra - not sure how far you're asking CDPR to go with the player choice over clothing thing) worth a 3D artist's time, even if it's only a couple of hours? Maybe. Maybe not.

What if we don't just make an exception for this one article of clothing, and instead choose to extend it to every "gender-specific" piece of clothing the game might have (Which I imagine will be few, but still)? Maybe we wind up with less clothing choice overall.

I'm not against it if it doesn't take much extra effort. I am if it does. Since it's impossible to tell what's going on behind closed doors one way or the other, I'm neutral.

^ The old "Bang for the buck" discussion. Happens on every project. We'll see where CDPR comes down on that one...

I think it's as valid now as it's always been, which is to say, pretty valid. Specifically because I'm not claiming to know one way or the other how things work inside CDPR. I dunno what their budget looks like, I dunno what their release timeframe looks like.

I'm just giving "maybes."

[Edited -- SigilFey; Moderated content.]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is indeed, but would add a level of depth not common in games. Go to Pacifica in a suit, get robbed. Walk in Arasaka Tower dressed for the street, meet security. I'd love to see your fashion choices have contextual gameplay consequences beyond just stat boosts/modifiers.

One simple way to do that could be to group clothing options into categories, but that is more work for designers. I'm sure CDPR could come up with a far more elegant solution.
THIS!!!! I would love to see something like this. Not universally though, maybe just to trigger a few missions/side - missions.
Example: You're dressed to the nines, walking down the street on a mission and you pass a club (with a strict dress code). The door was grayed out/unusable while wearing street clothes, but now that you're all dressed up, it is accessible (but only when you're dressed up).

Example: You're dressed to the nines, walking down the street on a mission and you pass a club (with a strict dress code). The door was grayed out/unusable while wearing street clothes, but now that you're all dressed up, it is accessible (but only when you're dressed up).

While I'd be interested in seeing that kind of thing for sure, my guess is that *if* CDPR implements a similar idea it will be via the "Street Cred" system.

I think a dude should be able to wear a thong... kinda saints row type of mix n match...
or say I decide to wear a dress with no panties.(which is perfectly legal where I'm from.. but so is going topless..though no one does...but we could....
xD

It's not surprsing that CDPR is keeping things close to the vest at this point. They've been consistent in how they manage the release of information. They have a plan. They're following it. We probably won't see any major reveals until E3. Maybe some limited preview coverage here and there prior to that.
i can't wait for this years E3 reveal!

I might be wrong but i think CDPR will show lots of flesh both Male and Female . One day CDPR might show how that scene looked with a Male V and then you`ll get your answer about g strings .

If the player is able to choose type of underwear they are using, which might be possible. I think the best way to solve it would be for the player to select a default outfit during character creation, which can later be changed by buying new cloth. The reason for this, which hopefully wont offend anyone :) Is that for a lot of people it would be difficult to relate to a male character wearing such outfit by default. Which to me at least is because a thong is a common female piece of cloth, whereas thongs worn by men is not, at least not in my circle of friends. So its not because I have a problem with it, but more that I think CDPR and Cyberpunk is better suited with not "forcing", what could be considered a specific personality on your character through the outfit. So would also think that the ability to choose a none thong version for female V would be preferable.

To me its sort of like with the Witcher 3, where some of the outfits simply made me unable to relate Geralt so had to not use them, even though they were a lot better, so its about being able to relate to a character in a RPG in my opinion.

Actually, they might skip this year's E3 entirely.

They might indeed. I would be surprised if that ends up being the case, but anything is possible. Maybe they are just looking to maximize the impact at E3 by not announcing a presence there ahead of time. They made a big splash with the surprise reveal at the MS event.

They might indeed. I would be surprised if that ends up being the case, but anything is possible. Maybe they are just looking to maximize the impact at E3 by not announcing a presence there ahead of time. They made a big splash with the surprise reveal at the MS event.

What I'd like to believe as well. The difference is by this time last year they were already registered to take part at E3, no one knew how, but they were on the list. This year though.. Nothing so far. I hope we get something tho.. Even a little bit would be welcomed.

Last edited:
I hope they show new gameplay, character customization, weapon upgrade, melee combat but the most i would like they show RPG mechanic.
It would be shame if they don't show any gameplay on E3 after 6 years i really think they need to talk and show CP2077 more.

Agreed, I hope they say nothing then BOOM! epic reveal for late 2019 at E3 with another trailer/gameplay video, that'd be dope!

TBH I'm actually enjoying the secrecy that CDPR has going it's making things interesting.

I know it would be a pain but it would be cool to see layers instead of outfits. I know in the witcher sometimes I wished I could have a piece of armor on the outside of a cloth underarmor set. Would love to see like a jump suit or t shirt that I could mix and match and put a jacket or trench coat.

Would also be cool if clothing was a thing in this game. Like sneaking into a mission. If you prep ahead of time or take out someone and use their clothing to sneak into a place by pretending to be an employee or something. I know its not dynamic like that but it would be a neat feature down the road.

Top Bottom