FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Cyberpunk 2020, you cannot simply stay in cover either. it's not X-Com. In dangerous combat with grenades, drones, AP munitions, cover is a brief respite. You have to be fast and accurate to survive. It's not a cover shooter. That's called "pinned down and suppressed" and outside of games where the AI is dumb, will only get you killed.

Those things all exist in X-com.
What you don't normally do in X-com and that I saw in the demo, is running and gunning like you could soak bullets and regenerate your wounds behind covers.

The devs are chasing nearly all mature players. And outside of some hold-outs who refuse to adapt, will get most of them.

I'm out of that know, as I already own my copy of the game since I won it in a lottery.

I mean, i wasn't thinking of you -personally- kofe, but, you know...

Yeah, I know.

If I bought you a copy of 2077, would you play it?

Yes, I would. If someone went through the trouble of gifting me a game out of the blue (and for reasons I’d not be totally on the map of :D ), it’d be pretty rude not to.

And, preferably, stream it?

That I couldn’t promise. I don’t really know how, and it’d make a boring watch anyway. I’m not at my best ”on stage” - so to speak. Some text based ”let’s play” thing’s a different story.

Yeah, I know.

Yes, I would. If someone went through the trouble of gifting me a game out of the blue (and for reasons I’d not be totally on the map of :D ), it’d be pretty rude not to.

That I couldn’t promise. I don’t really know how, and it’d make a boring watch anyway. I’m not at my best ”on stage” - so to speak. Some text based ”let’s play” thing’s a different story.
I'd watch or read that.

As someone who did this for TW3 (see my signature) ... it's a pretty big commitment.

It's a deal. Pm me your gog address or whatever and as soon as I start getting these codes I'll send you one.

as for streaming - I also have no idea. People have encouraged me to do this - they are fools. I would be banned in a day. CDPR would hunt me down with the same troopers they are currently deploying to find @Secretz .

But we can learn!

As someone who did this for TW3 (see my signature) ... it's a pretty big commitment.

Yeah, I know, but I had bit different thought about doing it in mind than your novel like approach. I was thinking doing it kinda sorta "in character" (with some occasional fourth wall breaks and screenshots for posterity) so I can cut off extra exposition and focus more or less solely on the empirical experience itself and character expression through "flavor" thoughts and less literal description of events.

Never done a let's play (never been quite that much into games, I just play them), or written anything too long in English, so I wouldn't know if anything comes of it, but... one can try. I have a bit of experience in writing, so, who knows.

But that's a problem of that time, if it comes.

Last edited:
Can any of my fellow FPP-haters/motion sickness getters tell me if it's better or worse in VR?

Can any of my fellow FPP-haters/motion sickness getters tell me if it's better or worse in VR?
Significantly worse. Significantly. I can't play for more than an hour in VR -- even with the fancy teleporty stuff -- without feeling nauseous.

I hope better, future versions of the tech will eliminate these problems.

I hope better, future versions of the tech will eliminate these problems.

It won't happens, as there will always be differences between what you feel and what you see.
But if you have time and courage, some months of vestibular reeducation can cure it definitively.

But if you have time and courage, some months of vestibular reeducation can cure it definitively.

No thanks. Not until VR gaming is as good as (not necessarily a replacement) PC gaming in terms of possibilities for interaction with the world and its NPCs and controls.

Spending months just so you can play the current, comparatively crappy roster of games for modern VR platforms is silly.

Anyway... FPP/TPP. Back to that.

Yeah for VR to work for immersion at a level better than the couch and screen combo, I feel like you'd almost have to have a "omnidirectional pad" like in Ready Player One ... as well as tangible objects you could pick up and feel (or some sort of gloves & clothes that simulated the sensation to a convincing degree). Otherwise it still feels like your playing the game. And if you still feel like your playing a game, might as well do it the way that costs less money IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom