still getting corrupted file when downloading EE. please help

+
still getting corrupted file when downloading EE. please help

I have re-installed the game (disc) several times and am still getting the error of corrupt files when downloading the pack0.dzip file. TThe game was working fine until I tried to download this patch, now I can't even play or load the game. I'm no computer wizard, so can someone please help?

shaner54 said:
I have re-installed the game (disc) several times and am still getting the error of corrupt files when downloading the pack0.dzip file. TThe game was working fine until I tried to download this patch, now I can't even play or load the game. I'm no computer wizard, so can someone please help?

I think I have exhausted every option there is, and for me there is no solution. My plan now is to get the backup copy from GOG.com. The patch is already installed on that version, which means it will avoid the corrupt file-error. I have spent the better part of the weekend to fix the game, and nothing works what so ever. So my best sugestion, if you have the CD-key go to www.gog.com and download the EE-Edition from there. If you don't have the CD-key contact the developers at http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/ to recive one.

Best of luck to you, hope you some how are able to make it work!

Thanks. Believe it or not, I'm having trouble downloading from GOG as well. I think I'm cursed with this game.

are you using the GOG downloader? or just doing a normal download? the GOG downloader will check the download on-the-fly and redownload anything that is corrupt, so while it may take longer, it will eventually get there. I'm on a satellite connection myself so corrupt downloads tend to be an issue at times, the GOG downloader helps to eliminate a chance of that happening, it just takes longer to finish.

You can do as soundcreepy suggested . But i have heard or was it read ah well no matter . The new downloader is now fixed and will work properly . I have not tested it my satellite internet will not tolerate a lengthy downloading session without putting me over my CAP limit . You are free to try though
http://en.thewitcher.com/enhancededition/

Top Bottom