Weight Limit

+
Weight Limit

Before I updated to EE I had weight limit of 300kg. Now it's defaulted back to original of 250kg. This is annoying since having 300 meant less dropping, selling or storing of items. Now I'm back to boring old running around to dump stuff.

Blasphemer9 said:
Before I updated to EE I had weight limit of 300kg. Now it's defaulted back to original of 250kg. This is annoying since having 300 meant less dropping, selling or storing of items. Now I'm back to boring old running around to dump stuff.

This probably relates to a choice you made in the prologue - someone you killed which you previously saved. Don't have a Strong Back this playthrough...

Adonai- said:
<br />This probably relates to a choice you made in the prologue - someone you killed which you previously saved. Don't have a Strong Back this playthrough...

Yeah, just read that somewhere else so I remember now the last game I didn't kill Aryan, this time I did.

Blasphemer9 said:
<br /><br /><br />Yeah, just read that somewhere else so I remember now the last game I didn't kill Aryan, this time I did.

You could always use a mod to sort out your encumbrance problems. (It breaks my heart to hear that you'd be making different story choices only because of that extra carry weight.) There are currently two of them compatible with the Enhanced Edition: Weightless Enhanced Edition (bumps Geralt's carry weight up to a ridiculous amount); Zero Weight Mod (puts all item weights to 0).

Na that's just too easy, it's like using god mode in doom. Taking away elements of restriction really makes games a bit boring for me. When the game first came out I modded it to have 1000kg and that kinda ruined it for me. I know others who have done the same for S.T.A.L.K.E.R and have said that the game was less enjoyable. 300kg is a nice number, not too little and not too much.

For what it's worth - I'm on my first Dark mode playthrough and killed Aryan for the first time. Had no idea it'd impact my weight limit so was bummed for a bit, but then started just dumping everything except potion incredients into storage and selling any weapons/junk/armour I came across. Now sitting around

Blasphemer9 said:
Na that's just too easy, it's like using god mode in doom. Taking away elements of restriction really makes games a bit boring for me. When the game first came out I modded it to have 1000kg and that kinda ruined it for me. I know others who have done the same for S.T.A.L.K.E.R and have said that the game was less enjoyable. 300kg is a nice number, not too little and not too much.
Alright, I hear you. I could always get you a variant of such a mod that will set the default limit to 300 (with Strong Back, that would be 350), but if you're not too bothered with changing your story choice in the first place, I guess it doesn't matter.

It may be 250 now, but I noticed everything but weapon and armor have 0 weight. So in the end you can basically carry more.

Top Bottom