UPDATE 5.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
5.2 update is absolutely a NIGHTMARE for all gwent cards collectors.

When I logined in my gwent account today, I found that all my repeated gold cards, which I have decided to but not yet make premium of them (because I lacked of powder for now), were ALL GONE, COMPULSORILY.

So as my friends' repeated gold cards.

Maybe it was meant to bring convenience with a good will, but, as other players said, you should at least ask us in advance.

I really hope you know what you are doing ... or destroying.

The ultimate choice to mill cards or not should lie with the player. By all means give us tools to make milling easier (here is an example of a possible way to enhance the milling and crafting experience for players), but destroying our earned or bought cards without our consent is very improper.

Exactly, I agree with this. Forcing us to mill everything isn't fair. You are developing new trinkets every other day to be bougt by the collectors that want to own everyhing but on the other hand you are backstabbing the same collectors with this move.
The solution was pretty simple - mill exerything except the extra golds and extra 2 bronzes for the transmutation. BAM!

What I also really don't like is the implementation of your new powder strategy.
I understand the background but why are you affecting the old reward trees as well?! It's not fair for those that were unlocking them one by one slower and keeping some of the reward points for the future seasonal/expansion trees.

Not to mention that if I'd new that earlier - I would have never purchased the skin/boad packs for Nilfgaard and Scoia.

I always liked that you are good with communication stuff.. If you know something, you're telling us. If you're not sure - you just ask us to wait. But those kind of updates should be announced earlier that everyone would be able to prepare and plan the next steps.

Exactly, I agree with this. Forcing us to mill everything isn't fair. You are developing new trinkets every other day to be bougt by the collectors that want to own everyhing but on the other hand you are backstabbing the same collectors with this move.
The solution was pretty simple - mill exerything except the extra golds and extra 2 bronzes for the transmutation. BAM!

What I also really don't like is the implementation of your new powder strategy.
I understand the background but why are you affecting the old reward trees as well?! It's not fair for those that were unlocking them one by one slower and keeping some of the reward points for the future seasonal/expansion trees.

Not to mention that if I'd new that earlier - I would have never purchased the skin/boad packs for Nilfgaard and Scoia.

I always liked that you are good with communication stuff.. If you know something, you're telling us. If you're not sure - you just ask us to wait. But those kind of updates should be announced earlier that everyone would be able to prepare and plan the next steps.

This was a well balanced economy in terms of rewards. Even a bit generous I'd say, but they've gone about the wrong way to make things expensive. Make new stuff expensive, that's okay and fair to all players but why make things worse for new players because they joined late? That's just pushing us away in trying to catch up. I don't mind the auto-mill but it needs to be a little more thoughtful, like allow 4 copies of bronze regular & 2 copies of gold regulars atleast. That way nobody gets hurt in their collections. The premiums can be 2 bronze and 1 gold to prevent hoarders for waiting for full mills. A little thought put into this would make it an excellent feature instead of all the outrage that's come with this patch where the gameplay has actually been balanced but that's gonna go unnoticed because of the economy changes that have wrecked the balance otherwise.

DRK3

Forum veteran
This decision to add auto-mill was a huge mistake by CDPR, it will generate so much backlash for them and in this case they dont have a proper excuse to back it up, it was just negligence to consider the consequences, and that such a feature, without any prior warning, will damage more than benefit the playerbase.

Will they revert this decision? Would they even be able to give back the players cards without also reverting the progress since this update? Hmm, everyone's screwed it seems.

This decision to add auto-mill was a huge mistake by CDPR, it will generate so much backlash for them and in this case they dont have a proper excuse to back it up, it was just negligence to consider the consequences, and that such a feature, without any prior warning, will damage more than benefit the playerbase.

Will they revert this decision? Would they even be able to give back the players cards without also reverting the progress since this update? Hmm, everyone's screwed it seems.
To be fair auto-mill only needs some tweak in terms of the number of cards allowed and that can be patched up pretty quick if they are willing to remove most of the backlash. I am more disappointed with the powder reward changes to existing trees which should absolutely be reverted if they want to get more new players and especially collectors involved.

Here's the thing... CDPR said before that cards capable of targeting only one row almost don't see plays, and so they remove this limitation. Including Dwarven Skirmisher, which used to target only melee row.

What they do now? They return this very same limitation for Trebuchet! It's like they don't know what they are doing, it wasn't fine before but now it's fine again.

As for automill, we all know why it's done, because they also decreased the powder rewards from the tree in the same update. For new (android) users it will be harder to complete the full collection for free.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the automill.

Nonetheless, I really love that we got some explanations for the balance changes. That is really great, so please keep that going.

We have a problem with an intentionally too powerful element that we have added to the game as the latter is used multiple times in each game.

We could make that element doomed and thus avoid its replayability in the most efficient way possible since it does not affect the rest of the set that was not currently causing problems.

No no, here the messenger is killed. Also in this way we allow NG to be the only faction that can still play these elements multiple times and that way we help the balance sheet.
While I agree that scenarios are overtuned, Caretaker was a problem himself too. His whole concept was too replay the strongest artifact possible. So, if thus an artifact exists, he is autoinclude, if it doesn't exists there is no reason to play him.

Concerning Reinforced Trebushet, I understand the reason why it was changed, but I believe just making it require Inspired 2 (meaning being boosted by 2) would have been much better.

Last edited:
So Yen invocation is a worst version of heatwave now ? yikes.

Well, with Caretaker gone, I don't see this change affecting much. It's anyways adherent to their idea of removing artifact removal, independent of that being a good or bad idea. Artifacts have been nerfed alot since I started playing, and many of them are quite weak, so there is actually less need to remove them.

But, not sure. Anyways, I've been using Heatwave for awhile now (not playing NR) and it's almost never worth using on an artifact (unless it is an unopened scenario). I find that generally heatwave is better than old Yennefer, unless you pick up a card you really can score well with at the right time.

Has this been reported, but changing faction avatar and skin does nothing, it shows the default faction leader when I start a match?

Also auto-mill is stupid and needs to go.

I have understood correctly? I can no longer make premium a repeated gold card because I will not have repeated?

Exactly.

Welcome to Gwent, the greedy card game.
Post automatically merged:

Has this been reported, but changing faction avatar and skin does nothing, it shows the default faction leader when I start a match?

Also auto-mill is stupid and needs to go.

They need to fix that in Arena too. You can't choose the leader skin either.

Well, with Caretaker gone, I don't see this change affecting much. It's anyways adherent to their idea of removing artifact removal, independent of that being a good or bad idea. Artifacts have been nerfed alot since I started playing, and many of them are quite weak, so there is actually less need to remove them.

But, not sure. Anyways, I've been using Heatwave for awhile now (not playing NR) and it's almost never worth using on an artifact (unless it is an unopened scenario). I find that generally heatwave is better than old Yennefer, unless you pick up a card you really can score well with at the right time.

I agree with that. The only artifacts that need removing are scenario cards and potentially some traps like serpent or horn which can be devastating if not removed. So we still need options, just not so many. Korathi + Oriole are good enough for me.

Raunbjorn

5.2 update is absolutely a NIGHTMARE for all gwent cards collectors.

When I logined in my gwent account today, I found that all my repeated gold cards, which I have decided to but not yet make premium of them (because I lacked of powder for now), were ALL GONE, COMPULSORILY.

So as my friends' repeated gold cards.

Maybe it was meant to bring convenience with a good will, but, as other players said, you should at least ask us in advance.

I really hope you know what you are doing ... or destroying.
I'm glad that I mentally quit Gwent after they abandoned consoles. Otherwise I would've been so pissed, lol.

To be fair auto-mill only needs some tweak in terms of the number of cards allowed and that can be patched up pretty quick if they are willing to remove most of the backlash. I am more disappointed with the powder reward changes to existing trees which should absolutely be reverted if they want to get more new players and especially collectors involved.

I think the same as you.

Tell me honestly, which of your developers or bosses is a fan of the Scoia'tael ? Why is he so crazy about them, and so hates the Тorth?
This is terrible. How can you openly and ugly adjust the game balance to your own needs, dear developers? Why, as soon as the North has a normal deck - do you immediately nerf it? There was a siege with maneuver - nerfed. Radea - nerfed. There remained a siege on mobilization - nerfed. A housekeeper appeared - he didn’t even live a month! But the damned Squirrels live from patch to patch, you just make the appearance of trimming them, but in fact nothing changes! And do not lie that you are trying to do something - when you want to do something, you do. You wanted to purposefully kill the north - you killed. And this despite the fact that when playing for the North - you should think, as well as for the Syndicate. But you don’t need to think about SK at all - just the spam of the card, you can even not really look at the screen, play in the background. Your actions began to annoy, and I no longer want to play Gwent, because I was fed up with such injustice. This looks especially cool on the eve of the global Gwent tournament, where 90% of the players will sit on the Squirrels decks. How interesting! A shame. I never thought that I would say this to CD Projekt RED, but I have to. It feels like Gwent is being made by someone else. What a disgrace.

Tell me honestly, which of your developers or bosses is a fan of the Scoia'tael ? Why is he so crazy about them, and so hates the Тorth?
This is terrible. How can you openly and ugly adjust the game balance to your own needs, dear developers? Why, as soon as the North has a normal deck - do you immediately nerf it? There was a siege with maneuver - nerfed. Radea - nerfed. There remained a siege on mobilization - nerfed. A housekeeper appeared - he didn’t even live a month! But the damned Squirrels live from patch to patch, you just make the appearance of trimming them, but in fact nothing changes! And do not lie that you are trying to do something - when you want to do something, you do. You wanted to purposefully kill the north - you killed.

Common, Northern Realms has been good for awhile now, alot changed for NR about a year ago, and this change has been very positive and made all (or most) NR archtypes playable and pretty good too.

The North was made good again, and it's still good. Actually, the North might be the most perfectly tuned faction of all at this point, and if anything they should re-adjust other factions OP and UP based on how strong and balanced NR is.

Guest 4368268

Like most patches nowadays, underwhelming if not downright dissapointing. I've got all premiums largely just due to playing the game for so long, but I imagine this really sucks for the newer crowd. You've no reasonable path to a premium collection without getting your wallet out. The balance changes are insignificant in quality and quantity.

Bribery, the card symbolic for CDPR refusing to nerf/rework cards that clearly need to be once again remains unscathed. Then on top of this there's the mess they've created with the seasonal tree due to 'miscommunication' (lying)

They reject easy solutions and instead go down a path of creating more trouble for themselves. When even Reddit users dare say anything negative you know you have messed up. I'd like to be inspired to play ranked mode again (for the first time in over half a year) but gameplay hasn't been top priority since Gwent is so cosmetics centered now.

Maybe in six months they're done adding new avatars titles and cardbacks and they can finally find the time to make the Wild Hunt make any sense/be viable.

Raunbjorn

Not gonna lie, the auto mill is pretty damn disgusting. The fact that you now have no control of how you manage your collection is a really scummy move and is incredibly anti consumer friendly. I haven't played the game for quite a while but this really is the nail in the coffin for me.

Btw, the comment Burza made about making powder feel more special is just the biggest lie. I mean, cmon. Fair enough, you gotta make money but try and turn it into a talk about pride and accomplishment. Be transparent, thank you!

Like most patches nowadays, underwhelming if not downright dissapointing. I've got all premiums largely just due to playing the game for so long, but I imagine this really sucks for the newer crowd. You've no reasonable path to a premium collection without getting your wallet out. The balance changes are insignificant in quality and quantity.

Bribery, the card symbolic for CDPR refusing to nerf/rework cards that clearly need to be once again remains unscathed. Then on top of this there's the mess they've created with the seasonal tree due to 'miscommunication' (lying)

They reject easy solutions and instead go down a path of creating more trouble for themselves. When even Reddit users dare say anything negative you know you have messed up. I'd like to be inspired to play ranked mode again (for the first time in over half a year) but gameplay hasn't been top priority since Gwent is so cosmetics centered now.

Maybe in six months they're done adding new avatars titles and cardbacks and they can finally find the time to make the Wild Hunt make any sense/be viable.

Exactly. I only started a month ago and was actually enjoying the game working through reward trees. Now I just dont feel like its worth it. Don't know if I'll keep playing if this is the route they're headed because I anticipate they'll reduce other rewards in the future and increase scrap costs for cards. I just feel like game economy should not be changed like this at all. Make the new reward trees with lesser powder rewards, thats fair on everyone. Why change the existing trees?

Top Bottom