Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Vypper is quite conditional, it can actually be pretty amazing if your opponent plays an Echo tutor card while his graveyard is still "shallow" (AA or Oneiro). What this card doesn't make clear is if it's effect goes through more then just 1 round or does it's effect end when the round he was used in is done? Also, when it comes back, does it come back to the player from who's deck it originated from or does it go to his enemy? It can be understood in different ways.
Also I didn't realize it was a NG card until I read in the comments lol, I just looked at it and assumed it's MO.
Since it devours cards in the order from lowest to the highest cost card, you will pretty much know what card will be next, it can't just ninja it's way up to eat your Yghern or Greatswords.
Would still be good to banish ST nature cards so they can't be replayed with the Forest Protector (the treant thing, not sure I got it's name right).

Well, a nice boost for Vypper would be that his value is 1 in the opponent graveyard. So opponent would basically waste his Ozrell and Hjalmar if he wants to get rid of Vypper.
They could make it so that it starts off at 1, then after every card it eats it grows by 1 point then when the GY is empty or he caps at X power he comes out to the field... But then while it does deny the enemy value of being eaten, if there isn't enough cards in the GY he will come back to the field with poor power points.

Last edited:
Well, a nice boost for Vypper would be that his value is 1 in the opponent graveyard. So opponent would basically waste his Ozrell and Hjalmar if he wants to get rid of Vypper.
They already do.
Ozzrel plays for 1 more point than with Yghern if it consumes it (assuming it would otherwise come out) and is forced out.
Hjalmar is forced out somewhat early, whether there are decent targets or not.

So Vypper is like Xavier but doesn't banish immediately and doesn't banish what needs to be banished and can be answered either by removal or by Ozzrel or Hjalmar? And Ivar is like Regis but can't use it late in the round? Excuse me but why is NR geting Erland, ST Gezras, MO Koshchey, and NG is getting retarded versions of neutral cards that nobody ever played to begin with? :giveup:
Regis: Higher Vampire has Order, only works on boost points, rather than base strength as well and is extremely fragile, while Ivar is on deploy and can also punish tall units.
Vypper plays for 2 more points than Xavier AND forces the opponent to answer it in another round.
How does that comparison even work if the demand to "answer it or else ..." is carryover ?

By the logic you used you could say:
Erland does not buff units in the hand and on the board, "Why is he a retarded version of Vesemir: Mentor ?".
Gezras is row locked and takes time, "Why is he either a retarded version of Triss: Lacerate or Triss: Bone Talisman ?"
Koshchey needs multiple turns for the triangle shaped value, "Why is it a retarded version of Regis ?".

No offense, but I do not see how those cards are comparable.

Edit: What I assume people are forgetting is that Vypper works best in a short round 1, where one passes quickly and punishes a bleed, while being potential additional carryover if purified on a dry pass.
People did complain that NG cannot win a round 1, so one card they got is a card that punishes bleeding them.
This seems comparable to the "Ciri: Nova + Specials" opening that existed before Nova got reworked, although it does not enforce a bleed.

Last edited:
Actually for a 9-provision card following boost might also be great for Vypper:
- If the banished card is a unit with power < 5 give bleeding (1) to a random allied unit.
- If the banished card is a unit with power > 5 damage a random allied unit by 1
- If the banished card is a special apply a random negative status to an own unit (Poison, Doomed, Rupture, Locked)
- If the banished card is a artefect apply a random positive status to an opponent unit (Defender, Resilience, Shield, Immunity, Veil)

Last edited:
Actually for a 9-provision card following boost might also be great for Vypper:
- If the banished card is a unit with power < 5 give bleeding (1) to a random allied unit.
- If the banished card is a unit with power > 5 damage a random allied unit by 1
- If the banished card is a special apply a random negative status to an own unit (Poison, Doomed, Rupture, Locked, Doomed)
- If the banished card is a artefect apply a random positive status to an opponent unit (Defender, Resilience, Shield, Immunity, Veil)
That would be a bit too much imo. :}

That would be a bit too much imo. :}

Can play around with provisions and body to make it balanced or get rid of the strong negatives (Poison, Rupture) and strong positives (Defender, Resilience, Immunity) ;)

NG has two out of more characteristics:

1) Intervening with / Taking advantage of your opponents strategy
-> This is something the card does

2) NG is the status fraction
=> So that card could synergize after the rework with cards like Thirsty Dames

=> Actually in the current setup I do not see many synergies with NG cards. Ok, Assire is nice to put it back from your graveyard and to intervene with your opponents graveyard and Experimental Remidy helps to thin the graveyard. But all the others synergizing cards are neutrals. The beast tag is currently without any value for NG.

Last edited:
So Vypper is like Xavier but doesn't banish immediately and doesn't banish what needs to be banished and can be answered either by removal or by Ozzrel or Hjalmar? And Ivar is like Regis but can't use it late in the round? Excuse me but why is NR geting Erland, ST Gezras, MO Koshchey, and NG is getting retarded versions of neutral cards that nobody ever played to begin with? :giveup:
Imho the bronzes are also understatted. Viper Witcher may even be a 4p, while Mentor is so situational it should be 5 provisions. And Coated weapons has anti-synergy with itself lol.

I like the concept of deck manipulation, it fits Nilfgaard, but the execution so far is rather poor and the timing of couldn't be worse now that Nilfgaard is struggling to compete with other factions.

PS: when Ivar was revealed everyone was "ooooo" then the others were revealed and it became clear Nilfgaard had received the short end of the stick

Salamadra
1606842608625.png

My first reaction: 'Ewww.'

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Flake's reveal has some serious production value.

The return of old Ciri: Dash.

That's three giant worms in the faction (counting Ygghern).

Last edited:
Nice, so MO also gets a "background unit" as their most expensive card this expansion.
... This is basically Ciri: Dash from Open Beta (as Draconifors also already pointed out) with Deathwish.

Unless I am mistaken this is the first homecoming card with the strengthen mechanic from Open Beta.
Once It is consumed once it goes to an 11, then a 14.
In a perfect world drawing it during round 1 + 2 and tutoring it with Oneiro twice one can get it in round 3 with 20 base strength.
So this basically allows MO to get even more aggressive and run a lot of tutors to consume it multiple times.
Hilariously enough it seems that Alzur's Double Cross is finally viable again.

So all factions get major, flashy parts of the Open Beta back, if necessary combining them into 1 card (i.e. Erland of Larvik).
This is definitely very spicy.

"... The dreaded Viy, which killed it's mage creator (Alzur) and destroyed half of Maribor before escaping into the forests"
This card looks pretty scary, and I mean that also from the gameplay point of view. :eek:

"... The dreaded Viy, which killed it's mage creator (Alzur) and destroyed half of Maribor before escaping into the forests"
This card looks pretty scary, and I mean that also from the gameplay point of view. :eek:
Each time you assume you have subdued it it will only strike back even stronger and it will grow, which is definitely lore-friendly.
Also did it really get out of control before destroying Maribor ?
I assumed that Alzur kept it under control to have it attack Maribor the elven city on which Maribor is later built and it then got out of control and ended up killing him as well.

Edit: Image using Alzur's Double Cross with the Alzur leader skin to summon Viy to crush an army/settlement. Is this among the most lore-friendly MO leaders/plays doing something ?

Last edited:
Meme combo with Salamander, Madame Luiza, and Syanna; kill everything that doesn't have Veil (and advance the "kill only using Poison" contract). Would be hilarious.
I assume Roland could add 10 coins (rounded down to 9) if one has 5 poison-able units, so Roland would probably be more reliable than Luiza to do this, also it has previous use as well.

Top Bottom