Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
That is all because this is multiple threads merged together that these issues get mixed up, but i still believe they might be somewhat related. There are people like me who can't launch the game at all and have the AVX support, and people who crash in specific locations whose CPU do not support AVX. the thing is however, that in both cases the error that can be seen has identical structure. That's why i believe it suggests that it is not ONLY wether AVX is supported or no, but something more within the games engine that messes it up. I might be wrong and they may be completely differen issues, but as I said the error messeges look almost the same. And if you look at the thing posted by the support team they are "currently investigating crashes that happen on launch." Which happens to be the issue i have and i have a CPU with AVX support. So that's why i believe they have found a issue within the games engine and not just the support issue

Again if you'd read this thread in particular a CDPR employee has already confirmed that they are working on the AVX issues. That post is for another crash on launch issue. Not the 3 Path way Prologue CRASH.

This thread started as an AVX crash thread then the moderators merged it with other crash threads so now it is difficult for everyone to find information relevant to their own issues.
Quite in their "wisdom" they took different problems and mashed them together so no one who was in any of the original threads knows what's going on.

Again if you'd read this thread in particular a CDPR employee has already confirmed that they are working on the AVX issues. That post is for another crash on launch issue. Not the 3 Path way Prologue CRASH.
Yes. But our threads got merged, so don't say "this thread is A or B" since that is no longer the case. And the thing i quoted is a overall available thing here https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...-on-launch-error-cyberpunk-2077-has-flatlined

and not just a single supporters response

Actually if you go to the first posts this is still the AVX but yes *your* thread got merged with ours. Not sorry or changing story.

Guys I've found the way to play for a bit after a few-hours reseach.
My i7-7700HQ suppose to have AVX but seems like it was off. Maybe his will help you guys too.

for Win 10
- Press Win+X and open the command promt with admin rights
- type bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0
This will enable your AVX

To Disable AVX: bcdedit /set xsavedisable 1
Verify and repair the game after this.

Best of luck to y'all.

If any of you are experiencing random crashes during gameplay after the tutorial or geting flatline 0000001 or 0000003D errors try going into the gameplay options and turning on SLOW HDD MODE. It stopped my crashes completely even with high density crowds and doesn't seem to affect performance if you have a SSD.

I have the same issue posted here, my hardware specs our a little different. I also have the identical version of OS this user has that being the windows 10 LTSB version 1607. Since the mods seem to want to consolidate the crash reports into a single thread versus branches.

Pls stop discussion about AVX, because it's completely deferent cases, don't mix up crash cases reasons
Mostly of the people here write about "File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)"
And it's software issues not hardware. A lot of people started complains about AVX only because CDP-RED support answers right away to the users who got very old processors. Common guys, who blames 100% AVX issue - not even serious. The game itself $60 cost more then ~ 1st get i7. I also have old processor from 2013 (4th gen i5) i5-4570, but it's 100% expectable for system requirements.
I'm sure it's something related to software, Windows/builds/updates/directx 12
I tried everything, I really want to make it work somehow but don't want to reinstall windows

My specs is
windows 10 LTSB version 1607. OS build 14393.4104 + 460.79 (clean installation, all overlays off, etc)
i5-4570, 16gb, 1TB samsung evo ssd 860, GTX 1070ti
(this update can't be installed)
The latest supported Visual C++ downloads (installed/repaired)

Windows LTSB + e3-1230 v2 + gtx 1070
Crashes on start up. Probably we will need to reinstall our OS... Let's wait at least for the next patch. As i remember also Horizon Zero is not working with LTSB...
Found on youtube a video a guy was able playing with LTSC, but no messages of success with LTSB...

Here my main issue, as a lot of ''feels guys'' in this forum

Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Windows 10 LTSB v1607 (Build: 14393.4104)

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VII Hero-Wifi (AM4+/X470)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7-2700x (OC @ 4.0GHz) 8xCore/16xThreads
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 290X (Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4GB ED) Waiting for some stock of RX 6800 XT Strix...
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG27WQ 27' ' Curved
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24''

Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB :Mstar:
Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB TT Premium Edition 360
HDD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe/ FireCuda Hybrid 2TB/ WD 3TB
PSU: 750W (Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 (Silent Cherry)
Headset: Logitech G935 RGB

Graphic card updated: 8 december 2020
Motherboard: Last bios v.3103
Visual C++ / 2005-2019 from 0
All the most importante hardware drivers up do date as near as possible to this 10/12/2020

If it can help, no one of this games crashes in my previous attempts and after Cyberpunk 2077 release:

The Witcher 3, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, The Crew 2, Resident Evil 5, GTA 5,
Street of Rage 4, Assassin Creed Valhalla, Fall Guys, League of Legends.

Other rigs tested and working without any crash / launch crash or freeze in Cyberpunk 2077 today ''friends rigs in a Lan Party''

Ryzen 2700x / RX 5700 XT ROG Strix 8GO OC Ed. / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz (Working perfectly in 2K High/Ultra)
Ryzen 1500x / GTX 970 MSI Armor X 4GO OC Ed. / Kingston Fury 16GO @ 2400Mhz (Working perfectly in FullHD Low/Mid)
i5 9600k / RTX 2070 Rog Strix 8GO OC Ed. / Kingston Predator RGB 16GO @ 3200Mhz (Working perfectly with RayTracing in FullHD High/Ultra)

Keeping hope to everyone here, waiting this game from 2012.

Emin3mD12

Last edited:
I crash randomly but highly reproducably.
Sometimes at launching the game.
Sometimes in the main menu after the "breaching" load screen.
Sometimes(very often) during character creation while clicking at my body model choosing between male/female.
During character creation it will almost always be stable (if it gets this far).
After character creation my character looks in a mirror and the game crashes. Every. Time.

Well, it worked 1 time, when I speedran a default character in creation. I got as far as fighting the scavs as street kid. Crash to desktop mid fight. The game ran smoothly other than that. Even finished Bugs tutorial without...bugs(ironically enough).

I have all latest drivers, updated everything, turned off other apps. Repaired integrity of game files, reinstalled, launched in safe mode, disabled the overlays, launched without GOG. It is nothing of the sort. These solutions are just the CS standard answers like "have you turned it off and on again". I tried it with older Nvidia drivers as well. Those won't even let the game launch.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 6600K @4GHz (supports avx for those guys who think it's that)
MSI Z170A GAMING M7
16Gytes DDR4 Dual channel RAM @3900MHz
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I do hope the issue will be addressed quickly. We've all waited several times for the game to be "polished" and right now I can't see any of that effort because the game crashes after character creation. Don't want to play and randomly crash on some rando-savegame. I really want to write some mean comments but will refrain from that. Just know that I'm miffed and want my time back. Time is more important than money.

Guys I've found the way to play for a bit after a few-hours reseach.
My i7-7700HQ suppose to have AVX but seems like it was off. Maybe his will help you guys too.

for Win 10
- Press Win+X and open the command promt with admin rights
- type bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0
This will enable your AVX

To Disable AVX: bcdedit /set xsavedisable 1
Verify and repair the game after this.

Best of luck to y'all.

This helped me for now, try it

Pls stop discussion about AVX, because it's completely deferent cases, don't mix up crash cases reasons
Mostly of the people here write about "File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)"
And it's software issues not hardware. A lot of people started complains about AVX only because CDP-RED support answers right away to the users who got very old processors. Common guys, who blames 100% AVX issue - not even serious. The game itself $60 cost more then ~ 1st get i7. I also have old processor from 2013 (4th gen i5) i5-4570, but it's 100% expectable for system requirements.
I'm sure it's something related to software, Windows/builds/updates/directx 12
I tried everything, I really want to make it work somehow but don't want to reinstall windows

My specs is
windows 10 LTSB version 1607. OS build 14393.4104 + 460.79 (clean installation, all overlays off, etc)
i5-4570, 16gb, 1TB samsung evo ssd 860, GTX 1070ti
(this update can't be installed)
The latest supported Visual C++ downloads (installed/repaired)

They are not. CDPR Merged all crash threads into one thread. Also we're not magicians. We do not know whether this is hardware because some newer CPUs with AVX have the same crash. Talking about issues gets developper's attention.

Game crashes on launch / Error - Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined
e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

NOR AVX / SOFTWARE ISSUE !!!! THEAD CREATED !!!!
windows 10 LTSB version 1607. OS build 14393.4104

(GPU CRASH FOR UNKNOWN REASONS) FILE: E:\R6.PATCH0HOTFIX2\DEV\SRC\COMMON\GPUAPI\SRC\DX12\GPUAPIDX12ERROR.CPP(40)

Here my main issue, as a lot of ''feels guys'' in this forum

Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Windows 10 LTSB v1607 (Build: 14393.4104)

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VII Hero-Wifi (AM4+/X470)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7-2700x (OC @ 4.0GHz) 8xCore/16xThreads
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 290X (Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4GB ED)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG27WQ 27' ' Curved
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24''

Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB :Mstar:
Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB TT Premium Edition 360
HDD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe/ FireCuda Hybrid 2TB/ WD 3TB
PSU: 750W (Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 (Silent Cherry)
Headset: Logitech G935 RGB

Graphic card updated: 8 december 2020
Motherboard: Last bios v.3103
Visual C++ / 2005-2019 from 0
All the most importante hardware drivers up do date as near as possible to this 10/12/2020

If it can help, no one of this games crashes in my previous attempts and after Cyberpunk 2077 release:

The Witcher 3, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, The Crew 2, Resident Evil 5, GTA 5,
Street of Rage 4, Assassin Creed Valhalla, Fall Guys, League of Legends.

Other rigs tested and working without any crash / launch crash or freeze in Cyberpunk 2077 today ''friends rigs in a Lan Party''

Ryzen 2700x / RX 5700 XT ROG Strix 8GO OC Ed. / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz (Working perfectly in 2K High/Ultra)
Ryzen 1500x / GTX 970 MSI Armor X 4GO OC Ed. / Kingston Fury 16GO @ 2400Mhz (Working perfectly in FullHD Low/Mid)
i5 9600k / RTX 2070 Rog Strix 8GO OC Ed. / Kingston Predator RGB 16GO @ 3200Mhz (Working perfectly with RayTracing in FullHD High/Ultra)

Keeping hope to everyone here, waiting this game from 2012.

Emin3mD12

Try turning on SLOW HDD MODE in the gameplay options. I had exactly the same issue as you and it seem to fix it for me. It also doesn't seem to affect load performance.

Top Bottom