Game doesn't load saves! help pls!

+
I cant really pinpoint which one is the thing that fix it, but what i did was:
- updated windows 10 cummulate package 20h2, update everything including the pending one
- Installed newest framework 4.5 and update it
- Updated framework 3.5
- installed vcredist 64 and 86
- updated nvidia graphic card driver to v 460.79, but without the gforce experience
- reinstalled cyberpunk again after all of that
Play it, load my old save, it work! Ive test it with new game, changing difficulty, changing graphic setting that people said can cause the loading bug, it didnt happen. All smooth with no crash or blackscreen, except for a few graphical bugs like floating hashi or people standing right in the wall.
thanks,
tried: install .net 3.5, 4.5 and 4.7
I already had all the vcredist listed in cyberpunk support, already on 20H2 (fresh install), the window update tool eveyone is linking says I'm up to date
still nofix
I have an amd gpu if that matters
will try reinstall the game one last time (edit: no luck)

Last edited:
I fixed it as well. Reinstalling game, gpu drivers and installing newest version of windows wasn't helping at all.

BUT I have amd CPU. So I installed Ryzen Master. This software is controlling overclocking, but it can also update AMD software. I think it updated CPU drivers, because I'm not using overclocking and the game is working now!

I fixed it as well. Reinstalling game, gpu drivers and installing newest version of windows wasn't helping at all.

BUT I have amd CPU. So I installed Ryzen Master. This software is controlling overclocking, but it can also update AMD software. I think it updated CPU drivers, because I'm not using overclocking and the game is working now!
didn't work :(

SOLVED FOR ME!!
If you play in a virtual machine, check that your cpu config is correct, fixing my cpu topology fixed the save problem (don't ask me why, probably some bad assumptions from the game about cpus and the load is actually running terribly solwly)

I'm 100% sure this is it, if I let libvirt set the cpu topology, I have the bug (and a very weird topology in windows monitors). If I set a sensible cpu topology (1 socket, 2 thread, x cores), no bug

(Thanks Hexel1 for hinting at a cpu problem)

Last edited:
Ryzen Master fixed it for me also, for some reason installing it showed me that 4 of my 6 cores were disabled??

Enabling the 6 seemed to do the trick and now can continue and load games. Also seems to have helped performance

No way I can load a saved game, and when I die I must restart, in both cases I get black screen,
cpu at 75% GPU at 90% until I kill the process.

WINDOWS updated at 20H2
AMD video drivers updated at 20.12.1

I think the problem is the pc hardware that is not so updated with
Pentium(R) CPU G4500 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
RADEON R9 270 Dual-X

But when I play (of course at minimum config) it all works fine, driving the car or going around in the coorp building, just it does not load any prev save :'-(

THIS IS TRULY LEGACY: try to finish the game in this conditions :-D

I think I got whats happening for some of us with this problem
I think that's something to do with our core count, I heard this theory on steam forums, the thing is, every dual core users have this same bug (including me, an Athlon 3000G user) and since we are below minimum requirements, we won't have any support from CDPR and it will leave us in the dark indefinitely so they can focus on more powerful hardware users, who can laugh and be happy as we peasants can't play their game with our filthy dual cores...

Ryzen Master fixed it for me also, for some reason installing it showed me that 4 of my 6 cores were disabled??

Enabling the 6 seemed to do the trick and now can continue and load games. Also seems to have helped performance
I'm not sure if it's worth to mention but I remember when checking logical cores (threads) in task manager it only showed 4 graphs, since I installed Ryzen Master it shows 12 graphs as it normally should (CPU is a ryzen 5 3600 btw). I suspect it's due to me replacing the ssd of my old computer which had 2 cores and 4 threads and putting it in my new one without reinstalling windows. I do not know if it solved my issue since I'm downloading the game but I'll make an update here if it does.
Post automatically merged:

Alright so I found a steam user having the same issues has me, I think you guys should try this.

1. Open up task manager by using Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
2. Click on the details button on the bottom of the task manager window.
3. Click on the Performance tab that appears. This tab should tell you how many cores and threads you have going. If this doesn't match the number of cores your processor should have running, check your configuration settings.

How to check System Configuration
1. Use your windows + R button to open the run window.
2. Type 'msconfig' into the text box without the ''. This should open System Configuration.
3. Click on the Boot tab, then click on Advanced options.
4. From here, uncheck the box that says Number of processors. Hit OK. Hit OK again, and then restart your computer.

Last edited:
I cannot confirm the findings made here. I have a current CPU AMD 5600X all cores are active and yet I have the same problem. Interestingly, I can still load manually made savegames. Can anyone of you confirm this?

I cannot confirm the findings made here. I have a current CPU AMD 5600X all cores are active and yet I have the same problem. Interestingly, I can still load manually made savegames. Can anyone of you confirm this?
All cores are active and still the same problem. But I can't load any saves

The most annoying in all of that everyone is silent. Im trying to fix this for a 4 days now and nothing. Tech support is silent. We dont even know is it our problem or bug. Is it gonna be fixed or not

Last edited:
I would suggest going to your main drive where your OS is, go to User Accounts, pick your name and go to Saved Games. Back that up and the main EXE on a SEPARATE drive (Copied, NOT moved). It may help you if you copy and restore it back to the time BEFORE you died.

All cores are active and still the same problem. But I can't load any saves

The most annoying in all of that everyone is silent. Im trying to fix this for a 4 days now and nothing. Tech support is silent. We dont even know is it our problem or bug. Is it gonna be fixed or not
Jeez, so is worse than I tought, WTH IS GOING ON????

I think I got whats happening for some of us with this problem
I think that's something to do with our core count, I heard this theory on steam forums, the thing is, every dual core users have this same bug (including me, an Athlon 3000G user) and since we are below minimum requirements, we won't have any support from CDPR and it will leave us in the dark indefinitely so they can focus on more powerful hardware users, who can laugh and be happy as we peasants can't play their game with our filthy dual cores...
Can confirm, I had the same problem with an Athlon 240ge.
Apparently, the game only utilizes physical cores on AMD by default, no logical cores.
What finally fixed the problem for me is the solution described in this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/_/gfjf1vo This lets the game run on all 4 threads for me, circumventing the dual core issue.
Unfortunately, it seems like this fix needs to be reapplied after every patch.

Can confirm, I had the same problem with an Athlon 240ge.
Apparently, the game only utilizes physical cores on AMD by default, no logical cores.
What finally fixed the problem for me is the solution described in this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/_/gfjf1vo This lets the game run on all 4 threads for me, circumventing the dual core issue.
Unfortunately, it seems like this fix needs to be reapplied after every patch.
It WORKED!!!!!
Changing this code on the executable finally made the load saved game crash dissapear, i think we need to make this executable available on the nexux mod too
Update: I have some steam users who uses Intel processors and this fix didn't worked, maybe there is a same looking solution for pentium users?

Last edited:
Top Bottom