Gta vs cyberpunk

+
Unfortunately these videos are true in what they show. Cyberpunk has a pretty engaging story which is nice, CDPR are awesome at that. But this game is far too focused on graphics to the point in which the gameplay & world is shockingly skin deep. There is a real lack of life in the AI, world and just general detail which really takes away the immersion for me. The Witcher 3's world is/was far better.

But this game is far too focused on graphics to the point in which the gameplay & world is shockingly skin deep. There is a real lack of life in the AI, world and just general detail which really takes away the immersion for me. The Witcher 3's world is/was far better.

Even the 48 minute demo had way more life in it than the released game we have now. What happened exactly? Did CDPR purposely cut content to meat a deadline or something?

Even the 48 minute demo had way more life in it than the released game we have now. What happened exactly? Did CDPR purposely cut content to meat a deadline or something?

Choices. CD explain it, they understimate the game (they say that). Im waiting for fixes and patchs.

I'm sure dev at CDPR played GTA and will take them as a reference... But they just in a rush to collect our money and decided to ditch those "unimportant" features..

I'm thinking it's more of a higher up problem then the dev's themselves. I mean, just look at how many times the game was delayed, as if the dev's needed more time to fix the issues in Cyberpunk. Hell, they even delayed the game, even after it went gold!

I'm thinking the higher ups kept pushing out an unrealistic release date, or did not even bother putting enough resources into Cyberpunk. Either that or Cyberpunk was way too understaffed for a game its sized.

Choices. CD explain it, they understimate the game (they say that). Im waiting for fixes and patchs.

But they said they underestimated the base PS4 and Xbox One. I want to know why all versions of Cyberpunk are buggy, life less and look vastly different than the 48 minute demo.

I'm thinking it's more of a higher up problem then the dev's themselves. I mean, just look at how many times the game was delayed, as if the dev's needed more time to fix the issues in Cyberpunk. Hell, they even delayed the game, even after it went gold!

I'm thinking the higher ups kept pushing out an unrealistic release date, or did not even bother putting enough resources into Cyberpunk. Either that or Cyberpunk was way too understaffed for a game its sized.

But they said they underestimated the base PS4 and Xbox One. I want to know why all versions of Cyberpunk are buggy, life less and look vastly different than the 48 minute demo.

If you want a confission like 'we lie', sorry, its ll not happens. So, change the way :)

Wow
Post automatically merged:

Cdpr are a smalldev compared to rockstar who are the literal masters of the genre. We expected too much
Rockstar is a division of Take Two. TT's revenues in 2019 were $2.6 billion. CDPR's revenues for 2019 were $521 million.

So CDPR is significantly smaller than the corporate entity of which Rockstar is a part, but more than big enough to produce a AAA title with AI and physics that match, or at least get close to, what Rockstar does.

Last edited:
Unfortunately these videos are true in what they show. Cyberpunk has a pretty engaging story which is nice, CDPR are awesome at that. But this game is far too focused on graphics to the point in which the gameplay & world is shockingly skin deep. There is a real lack of life in the AI, world and just general detail which really takes away the immersion for me. The Witcher 3's world is/was far better.

I don't understand all the praise for graphics. Graphics in the game is very uneven - yes, it looks good in the middle of the metropolis. Should you venture to the water areas and to the outside (beyond city walls) then it looks like a game out of 2010. Water implementation, the wasteland etc. are by far not the best vs other modern RPGs including open world varieties. Only urban side is ok - the rest is rather average if not poor.

The comparison, for me, is more or less like trying to equate, for the purpose of criticism, an elephant with a Lettuce Foot ... the common thing, of both, is that they are on Earth ...

I don't think it's such an unfair comparison. There is a lot in common between the two games.

Rockstar has had a long time to perfect their series of games. CDPR isn't there yet. Try again in 20 years when we have 2077-5.
I thought they were there with Witcher 3 more or less. This is a different setting, but the same type of game?

I don't think it's such an unfair comparison. There is a lot in common between the two games.

I thought they were there with Witcher 3 more or less. This is a different setting, but the same type of game?

In appearance or apparently, yes, they are similar here and there. But behind the appearance there is the essence or a giant world that tells us about engine, resources, etc ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I get so annoyed when I see comments like “what do you expect when you’re playing on current gen consoles”

what I expect is a game that is equal to its contemporaries. GTA, TLOU2, Valhalla, Tsushima, RDR2.

all visually superior to this game on PS4.

And there’s not even a next gen version of this game, it’s just the backwards compatible PS4 version on a stronger engine.

There’s no reason or excuse why this game should t be looking as good as other titles on base consoles.

Wow

Rockstar is a division of Take Two. TT's revenues in 2019 were $2.6 billion. CDPR's revenues for 2019 were $521 million.

So CDPR is significantly smaller than the corporate entity of which Rockstar is a part, but more than big enough to produce a AAA title with AI and physics that match, or at least get close to, what Rockstar does.

Cdpr is worth more than rockstar is at this point, if I'm not mistaken. CDPR is by no means a "small" company.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_Pr...ember 2017, it was,in Europe ahead of Ubisoft.

taken with a grain of salt

Top Bottom