[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-downloaded the game and played on launch day and even the strippers in the windows were topless. Even Some street npc's didn't have underwear and wore see through clothing and you could see things. And the general all around sexuality of the Future was Very in your face, immersive and real. Now, you walk into the strip club and all the strippers are fully clothed or mostly clothed, which is the complete opposite of even current day much less the future. You have to save and reload 4 times as well as toggling the nudity filter two or three times in order for them to be dressed in any way sexual and even if they're topless now there are still pasties. So I think that part is a bug but idk. Now for the censoring, I remember the first time evelyn took me into that room while discussing the arasaka job i was blown away and proud that the game had a topless holographic stripper dancing right there. It was immersive as F and as it should be. started a new character after the patch and now the hologram has pasties. So this is more than just underwear in public censor, this was intentional censoring that wasn't in the initial release. The difference between the nudity filter on and off now appears to only be for the inventory screen. That's it. Rest of the game has been changed to T for Teens and the only reason it stays M is because of the gore. I've said it before, if that's the stance they decided to take after launch then fine but at least own up to it and tell us outright that they patched in the censoring rather than leaving that tidbit out of the patch notes. And if they don't want to get their hands dirty with the corpos then open it up to modders/fixers for pc. But I just wish they were honest about it because the blanket statement of "the underwear is not a bug", does not explain the other Censoring things I have seen that are different from the first patch. I'm sure someone who uses a lot of "Arrrgh" in their vocabulary could most likely confirm this if they have the un-patched launch version. Not that i promote that but It would be interesting to see what exactly was censored and make our own patch notes since it appears we aren't getting the whole story. I kinda feel bad for CDPR though, they made a game about freedom and sticking it to the man and being a rebel only to be shot down and bound by the very theme they were attempting to convey....

They are probably discussing how to explain this censorship with their public relations as we speak so that it will minimize the outrage afterward. It'll be one hell of damage control if you ask me.

I pre-downloaded the game and played on launch day and even the strippers in the windows were topless. Even Some street npc's didn't have underwear and wore see through clothing and you could see things. And the general all around sexuality of the Future was Very in your face, immersive and real. Now, you walk into the strip club and all the strippers are fully clothed or mostly clothed, which is the complete opposite of even current day much less the future. You have to save and reload 4 times as well as toggling the nudity filter two or three times in order for them to be dressed in any way sexual and even if they're topless now there are still pasties. So I think that part is a bug but idk. Now for the censoring, I remember the first time evelyn took me into that room while discussing the arasaka job i was blown away and proud that the game had a topless holographic stripper dancing right there. It was immersive as F and as it should be. started a new character after the patch and now the hologram has pasties. So this is more than just underwear in public censor, this was intentional censoring that wasn't in the initial release. The difference between the nudity filter on and off now appears to only be for the inventory screen. That's it. Rest of the game has been changed to T for Teens and the only reason it stays M is because of the gore. I've said it before, if that's the stance they decided to take after launch then fine but at least own up to it and tell us outright that they patched in the censoring rather than leaving that tidbit out of the patch notes. And if they don't want to get their hands dirty with the corpos then open it up to modders/fixers for pc. But I just wish they were honest about it because the blanket statement of "the underwear is not a bug", does not explain the other Censoring things I have seen that are different from the first patch. I'm sure someone who uses a lot of "Arrrgh" in their vocabulary could most likely confirm this if they have the un-patched launch version. Not that i promote that but It would be interesting to see what exactly was censored and make our own patch notes since it appears we aren't getting the whole story. I kinda feel bad for CDPR though, they made a game about freedom and sticking it to the man and being a rebel only to be shot down and bound by the very theme they were attempting to convey....
That's what I keep writing about here - the character's nudity is just the tip of the iceberg. The problem is much deeper. And along with other cut-out but promised features, it all looks extremely bad. I'll give you this example again - how much more complete would be the scene with Johnny's friend, when he comes out of the shower all wet, having managed to put on only a robe. But we see this black "patch", as if these underpants were hastily drawn with the fill tool in Paint.

The nudity issue is immersion breaking for me for one reason alone.

In sex scenes it's like they can only show half of something. If a woman has no underwear, then she has to have a top on. And vice versa. And in some cases, they actually keep everything on (SPOILERS: Meredith). I just noticed this during SPOILER the sex scene with Alt SPOILER. It actually made me laugh because I had just watched Panam's sex scene and it was the same thing in reverse (showing topless, but nothing else).

I feel like they were either skirting the ESRB rating (which makes no sense, because Witcher 3 had a ton of nudity) or they're cow-towing to Sony's censorship wishes. Which unfortunately affects other platforms now too according to devs.

but that would be a rather significant change to a product after release. considering advertisement centered around nudity that is a change that really they cant make without telling people their intention before release.
Let's not exaggerate, this wasn't a "significant" change.
Sex is still very much everywhere in NC (character's naked in inventory, commercials depicting sensitive representation, Joytoy you can pay for sex, depiction of dildos and many references to nudity/sex through dilogues and readables...).

A significant change would be to put mosaics on every sensitive visuals in the game, for example (Japan style)...That yes, I would fully understand people getting apeshit for this, but just adding panties on your character only when he/she's in game while keeping full frontal nudity in the inventory, it's very much a detail.

Again, I'm not saying it's the way it should be. Yes, it's dumb and I too, wish we were living in a world where sexuality isn't this shameful thing that our society tells us to be but it's just the world we live in, unfortuantely, and the step back made by CDPR is really not a big deal compared to what they could have done.

The problem with this whole question is that: At the end of the day, CDPR tried to make a game more mature than the average AAA games by being a little bit more graphic and explicit when it stands to sex.
And the thing is, they succeeded. Yes, you can criticise them for not giving enough options for Joytoys and yes, wearing panties when you're not supposed to is lame but the game is still way beyond the vast majority of AAA games when it stands to depiction of nudity.

For this reason, while I undertand people for their disappointement on the question, I feel like it's kinda unfair for CDPR's developpers who genuinely tried to push the limit line how much as they could for the players.

Last edited:
Let's not exaggerate, this wasn't a "significant" change.
Sex is still very much everywhere in NC (character's naked in inventory, commercials depicting sensitive representation, Joytoy you can pay for sex, depiction of dildos and many references to nudity/sex through dilogues and readables...).

A significant change would be to put mosaics on every sensitive visuals in the game, for example (Japan style)...That yes, I would fully understand people getting apeshit for this, but just adding panties on your character only when he/she's in game while keeping full frontal nudity in the inventory, it's very much a detail.

Again, I'm not saying it's the way it should be. Yes, it's dumb and I too, wish we were living in a world where sexuality isn't this shameful thing that our society tells us to be but it's just the world we live in, unfortuantely, and the step back made by CDPR is really not a big deal compared to what they could have done.

The problem with this whole question is that: At the end of the day, CDPR tried to make a game more mature than the average AAA games by being a little bit more graphic and explicit when it stands to sex.
And the thing is, they succeeded. Yes, you can criticise them for not giving enough options for Joytoys and yes, wearing panties when you're not supposed to is lame but the game is still way beyond the vast majority of AAA games when it stands to depiction of nudity.

For this reason, while I undertand people for their disappointement on the question, I feel like it's kinda unfair for CDPR's developpers who genuinely tried to push the limit line how much as they could for the players.
If underwear were added after release or also before release because it was forced by Sony or ESRB is forced censorship and it's unacceptable. Censored version aren't the real product but only a politically correct copy intended for families of it.
Post automatically merged:

Guns and all kinds of violence is tolerable, but not genitalia. I hope humanity is destroyed very soon. Something is severely wrong with the minds.
Nothing is tolerated, also violent contents can be cut and censored if the game get an AO rating for this.

Wait...I Haven't gotten back to Alt's scene in my second character playthrough yet. Did they censor her down their as well. I know I got to that scene before the first patch on my original playthrough. wondering if its changed because originally that was Kitteh everywhere. there was even a full dialog scene at the end where she was bottomless and you could look around. please tell me they didn't censor that....

I really want proof of this, I need too see a gameplay footage on a day one un-patched version of the game, this would be a BIG win if we show that to everyone.

I purchased my game through GOG and will be looking for a full refund based on the fact that your company has nerfed and changed the aspects of the nudity in the game when I had bought it.
This is not an online game that you can just remove certain things like this, I was not warned before allowing GOG to patch my game, that they were going to remove the level of nudity it had!
There is a law that prohibits a company from doing this without warning the customer, and we are the customers.
Again, if this were and online game that we played via your server(s) this would be legal.
What you did is not legal, and I did not have to allow my GOG launcher to patch the game, I could have kept my game playing while offline and with no internet connection and had enjoyed the game they way it was sold to me!
I have also taken this to Twitter and will be looking into legal resources on these actions that your company has made on changing a finished products theme and art in game without warning!

I am a 43 year old Adult and had purchased an adult themed game from your company, Purchased as in, I own my copy of the game.
I don't need internet to play offline games.
I expect the product that I purchased, not a hidden poorly patched version that was never warned to us adults who enjoyed the Nudity, and I should not have to go to Nexus and look for mods to get what I had purchased to begin with!

So from what i read things are getting worse than expected. I watched day one's gameplay and i remember that holographic stripper, they're changing a lot of things at this point and maybe even underwear wasn't intended to be in game before some pressions by Sony and retarded ESRB members. I hate censored versions and silent censorship is even worse than transparent communication about it, i want to know what i'm buying, if i know this was going to be fucking toned down i wouldn't have bought it.

So from what i read things are getting worse than expected. I watched day one's gameplay and i remember that holographic stripper, they're changing a lot of things at this point and maybe even underwear wasn't intended to be in game before some pressions by Sony and retarded ESRB members. I hate censored versions and silent censorship is even worse than transparent communication about it, i want to know what i'm buying, if i know this was going to be fucking toned down i wouldn't have bought it.
Yeah I just checked my character and he's in some generic looking shorts when I took his clothes off.
I am very upset over this, love the nudity on the women in game before the ninja patch they snuck in and robbed us players of an adult themed RPG.
One of the things that interested me about the game, now they took it all away and for what? This isn't some online game.
I enjoyed the original art/ graphics that were developed, not some generic coverup and changed theme!

Is there anyway that I can reverse the patch that they ruined the nudity?
Perhaps if I reinstall the game and shut off my patching through GOG, or turn off my internet while playing Cyberpunk 2077.
GOG is Anti-DRM.

One last thing, I just went over the entirety of the patch notes, this change was not included, which is against the law because this is a finished offline game/ product that they altered.
If the patch notes warned players of this, then we as customers would have a right to not patch up.

Last edited:
I'm checking an old gameplay from the 9th december, so a day before actual game release and before 1.03 patch i think. Gameplay is from an italian guy but i can say that at 02:16:25 you can just see that underwear was already applied in game, at 04:03:40 holographic stripper with just pasties on buttocks. When full nudity was actually possibile in game if just a pre-release version hadn't it ?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/831071457?filter=archives&sort=time

I'm checking an old gameplay from the 9th december, so a day before actual game release and before 1.03 patch i think. Gameplay is from an italian guy but i can say that at 02:16:25 you can just see that underwear was already applied in game, at 04:03:40 holographic stripper with just pasties on buttocks. When full nudity was actually possibile in game if just a pre-release version hadn't it ?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/831071457?filter=archives&sort=time
I will get back to you, re downloading my prelaunch version now.
But yes, tons of stuff was covered up and patched without warning or notice. I mean TONS!

Not sure, can other people re download their original game? Before the patches.
As the game was intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom