Proof that the 6 month montage with Jackie was definitely cut content

+
Yup, pretty much... I'd even go so far as to say: Silverhand was never supposed to be in the game "in person", period... at most, he was a childhood hero of V, and maybe there once was a sidequest around the whole biochip story, but I doubt it was much more then that. The game's focus was always supposed to be V's rise to fame in Night City, nothing more, nothing less... and, sorry but, that's the game I wanted to play, honestly.
Definitely, in the earlier trailers V had a full collection of Samurai merch/ Showcasing their inspiration, love. In the game, you only get access to those as you progress Jhonny's story, indicating how you are becoming more and more like him.

Edit: That fact actually tarnished the jckaet and other accesories for me because I didn't want to become like Jhonny. So i made sure not to wear them.

Definitely, in the earlier trailers V had a full collection of Samurai merch/ Showcasing their inspiration, love. In the game, you only get access to those as you progress Jhonny's story, indicating how you are becoming more and more like him.

Edit: That fact actually tarnished the jckaet and other accesories for me because I didn't want to become like Jhonny. So i made sure not to wear them.
Hah... same here.

you are making mountains out of moles
I think spending 40k eddies on a universal translator only to find out none of the conversations matter or have a point would've been a worse design decision. It's like paying for 10 more stock lines from random NPCs. Useless.

Sure some bad guys speak french or russian or japanese, but I think even without understanding what they say its rather clear. Literally all of it is: "Man with gun angry. Man with gun kill player."
this it is not true, many conversations from street npc are lore expositions about night city life or the mission at hand. Sneaking in missions helps hear these sort of conversations which you will miss if you go gun blasting and put on alert everyone.

Yup, pretty much... I'd even go so far as to say: Silverhand was never supposed to be in the game "in person", period... at most, he was a childhood hero of V, and maybe there once was a sidequest around the whole biochip story, but I doubt it was much more then that. The game's focus was always supposed to be V's rise to fame in Night City, nothing more, nothing less... and, sorry but, that's the game I wanted to play, honestly.

I sadly have to agree. Its not, that I regret buying or playing this. Its a good game, nontheless. But not what I was expecting nor what I had wished. Somewhere some game designers and programmes hopefully comfort themselve in the fact, that they where right and their vision was actually the one a huge portion of players would have preferred. So now they can maybe stand up and say: Told you so!

Its a fact of life that people come and go in any organisation. A healthy, well run organisation can survive this and even thrive in spite of it. Sometimes even because of it since it gives opportunities to new talented people who wouldn't have got the chance to show what they can do otherwise.

The longest I have ever worked in 1 company is 12 years. Between 25 and 30 people, which is sort of like the max capacity at the office. At various times the place was a revolving door of staff and by the end, there were only 4 people still working there from when I first started. Recalling this makes me feel old.
I worked as a stocker at Target for only 18 months, yet by the time I left, everyone else working on the floor had already left. I have never before or since felt like such a generic cog in a machine, so I guess Target management should be commended for coming up with a system that made us so easily replaceable.

I've been working at a competitor for 12 years now, we get paid less than Wal-Mart, everyone endlessly complains about the place, and yet turnover is practically nonexistent (older workers scared into quitting by Covid was the biggest change in years). So I guess one way to get long-timers is to be the employer of last resort. Yay.

I did think that the 6 months later thing was very weird and a shame that we couldn't play it at all. I'm also very disappointed with how short the main story is, I really wanted to be immersed for much longer than that.

lets keep em coming. CDPR community managers i hope you're noticing that WE are picking this stuff up.
Not sure its cut content as such. There are bound to be some errors in the writing and story coincidence in a game with different path and stories and options you can chose.

Sigh.

It's not cut content. It was designed this way from before we saw the first demo. Waaaay back in 2018 (when we first saw Jackie), Kyle Rowley said the current second mission the game was (shocker) at the very start of the game.

Approximately 10:40 into the video (from June 14, 2018).

Kyle Rowley: I just saw the flow through the demo, and in the opening sequence it's quite linear, because it's the very start of the game, and we wanted to really bring that kind of epic combat feel and have making sure it feels dynamic and everything like that. But as you're progressing through the game, we really want to open that up. So basically ... and it's the same thing like we did in the Witcher 3, where we had the opening section where you can't ... where you teach the player to tame the game. And we're kind of doing the same thing here, where it's more linear and as you unlock more and more abilities, additional pathways to the level design open up as well.

That mission he's discussing from the first demo is currently immediately after the montage currently, and is still the first meaningful combat encounter in the game. So how could content be considered cut if it was always planned that way from before we first saw Jackie?

The only logical answer is it couldn't and that it's not cut content. It was never meant to be in the game in the first place at launch. Could be a target for a later expansion though perhaps.

Last edited:
Sigh.

It's not cut content. It was designed this way from before we saw the first demo. Waaaay back in 2018 (when we first saw Jackie), Kyle Rowley said the current second mission the game was (shocker) at the very start of the game.
But I think there is more to it, the interview is excellent, but if you listen to what Joe ask them around 7.25 until 9.35 which both of them confirms.
They give an example that you could just walk off with the money without ever seeing the scene with the Maelstroms, he even repeat it several times that it is completely optional? Im not sure, if that is possible in the game if I remember right, because isn't it part of the main quest? So if I understand it correctly, it was possible at the time of the interview, but got cut?

Everything said after that in those 2 minutes, were that possible at the moment of the interview? because that sounds like a completely different game they are talking about.

That mission he's discussing from the first demo is currently immediately after the montage currently, and is still the first meaningful combat encounter in the game. So how could content be considered cut if it was always planned that way from before we first saw Jackie?
But he refer to the mission with the girl in the bathtub not about the quick cutscene of them getting to that point, Im not saying that it weren't always planned and personally I think it was fine, had no issue with it. But to me, I didn't get the impression that it was the cutscene he was talking about compared to the first mission.

But anyway, if you hear the whole interview, so many things they are saying, seems to not match what is in the game at all. Maybe they are overselling it, but honestly it sound like they played a different game, which at the point had all these possibilities?

Im not trying to be critical here, but it really does.

But he refer to the mission with the girl in the bathtub not about the quick cutscene of them getting to that point, Im not saying that it weren't always planned and personally I think it was fine, had no issue with it. But to me, I didn't get the impression that it was the cutscene he was talking about compared to the first mission.

But anyway, if you hear the whole interview, so many things they are saying, seems to not match what is in the game at all. Maybe they are overselling it, but honestly it sound like they played a different game, which at the point had all these possibilities?
The only point to this thread (so far as I can tell) was that the Jackie/V montage is material that was originally supposed to be played but was cut from the main game. That is false. You can hear a game designer say the mission right after that montage is at the very start of the game and was meant to be the first dynamic combat encounter (which it still is - right after the option tutorial). That was my only point. Not talking about any other content.

Last edited:
Im not sure, if that is possible in the game if I remember right, because isn't it part of the main quest?
I think you can still walk away. If I recall correctly you strip the malware off the chip before giving it to Royce and then just pay the 50K and leave. Or you can jut pay with your own money. See around 11:00 here -

I'd say of all the lifepaths, the Jackie sequence makes the least sense for the Corpo V. Irrespective of the sequence entirely.

Seriously. With an upper echelon career such as that, why would a Corpo V be paling with a street thug like Jackie? Especially with ZERO backstory. Sure. Maybe V knew Jackie before as (s)he was career building. Maybe as kids in from the same neighborhood. Except there's nothing to even hint at how they were previously connected. At least with the Street Kid and Nomad life paths there's a sensible backstory even without the cut content.

For Corpos there's just..... nothing. Unless I missed something while watching the staring dude that walks into the bathroom while I'm talking to him on the phone? (which was pretty odd given my V for that life path is female :ROFLMAO: Co-ed bathroom I guess?)

Game was butchered to a half and you can feel it when playing, it's quite obvious. So many places, incomplete things, inconsistencies, skills / perks / cyberware that make zero sense or don't work properly, core CP2020 rules shown in demos that are now sorely missing (humanity cost), etc..
Post automatically merged:

It is really frustrating because there is quality there.

The perfect analogy would be a great piece of meat, from a top quality cattle, very badly cut without butchering experience nor good technique. Meat is still ok, and you can see there was quality to be had there, for sure, but it was just ruined.

Or, like some other user whom I can't remember the name now said: a very good batter, beautiful, but baked with a flamethrower.

Last edited:
They cut Jackie for Johnny. Goodness, the first few minutes with Jackie is way more enjoyable than the rest of the game with Johnny.

They cut Jackie for Johnny. Goodness, the first few minutes with Jackie is way more enjoyable than the rest of the game with Johnny.
I disagree, Johnny made the game and I accept they cut everything around this when they nailed the writing. It's common, Larian talks about finishing the story the last month before the release, Bethesda too. It's just that it comes iteratively and hell the game will stay forever for having had so much Keanu in it, let alone be so canon with the Silverhand angle.

It's a good game, a good story, done in double the time Bethesda spend with experience on a Fallout, with much more feature but a lot less polish. They'll polish it, save it somewhat and we'll decide if we want to play their multiplayer lifeline, the main thing they focus on strategically now: they want to get the easy regular stable revenue a micro transaction multiplayer brings but for that they need to make CP complete. They have no choice.

Game was butchered to a half and you can feel it when playing, it's quite obvious. So many places, incomplete things, inconsistencies, skills / perks / cyberware that make zero sense or don't work properly, core CP2020 rules shown in demos that are now sorely missing (humanity cost), etc..

It is really frustrating because there is quality there.

The perfect analogy would be a great piece of meat, from a top quality cattle, very badly cut without butchering experience nor good technique. Meat is still ok, and you can see there was quality to be had there, for sure, but it was just ruined.

Or, like some other user whom I can't remember the name now said: a very good batter, beautiful, but baked with a flamethrower.

I don't just feel it, I literally walk into some areas that are not finished, and fall through the world.

The inventory is an absolute nightmare and so much is broken i need a list from fans to find out what even works for clothing or weapon mods.

Whew, I wish this had waited to release, I'd not even be all kinds of lost bouncing around here, I'd be playing the game, or waiting patiently as I was before all this nonsense and waste of my trust, money, time and years of believing in a company.

I was playing plenty before this and no where near this god forsaken place.. Oh, the disgust at all this right now.

I'm not sure I can even finish some sidequests anymore..

I remember when Keanu said once that we loves his Johnny character so much and he asked CDPR to double the number of his dialogue lines. Wish Jackie could get more dialogue lines too...

Agree. Pacifica is almost empty. One main quest and 3-4 small activities and that's it.

Januar 2019 Blizzard-Fanbois go happy enrage, 'cause a CDPR-Creative Director went to Blizzard.
So. Maybe things changed more then we thought.
Speaking of Blizzard: I never was heavy into their games, but if you listen to the old fans in there rocking chairs, they will say, that this company isn't the same.

And - what they are discussed in the reddit-Thread. I didn't catched the "way of T-Bug" either, until I went to the shop with the netrunner. In the trailer she was sitting with Dex and the bodyguard, checking the biochip. I think this passage is closed, too?

And another thing that they cut. I remember them saying that in Night City, people speak different languages and that you will need to buy software in order to translate and understand what they are saying. This was removed. The game auto-translates everything. Just another one to add to the list of missing features.
What is funny. Because there is still a sentence in the loadingscreen that said the same thing. I looked and find - nothing.

Edit: Meh, to slow....

Januar 2019 Blizzard-Fanbois go happy enrage, 'cause a CDPR-Creative Director went to Blizzard.
So. Maybe things changed more then we thought.
Speaking of Blizzard: I never was heavy into their games, but if you listen to the old fans in there rocking chairs, they will say, that this company isn't the same.

And - what they are discussed in the reddit-Thread. I didn't catched the "way of T-Bug" either, until I went to the shop with the netrunner. In the trailer she was sitting with Dex and the bodyguard, checking the biochip. I think this passage is closed, too?

What is funny. Because there is still a sentence in the loadingscreen that said the same thing. I looked and find - nothing.

Edit: Meh, to slow....

Intelligent people will find things and remember, notice it all. I sure did notice it. I thought, why is the dialog auto-translating, wouldn't I need something for that?

I also listened to a previous worker from here, in 2018, it was interesting to here their side of things..

I guess now, my mind races imagining all that even got cut here. I wanted that game, this team presented themselves and sold, forget us, right?

Top Bottom