Graphics problem

+
Graphics problem

I just reinstalled The Witcher after a period of not playing it and i noticed that a lot of the NPC and buildings are coming up as just black figures with the general shape of what they are supposed to be but there is no color and on occasion there is a dotted line box around them. Any body have any ideas on how to fix this?

No im not running any mods at all. The first time i had the game installed i didnt have any problems of this sort.
My system specs are:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Rated at 2.7 Ghz
Ram: 1 GB
Video Card: GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB

Ive also added a DxDiag file for any additional info

I don`t know what kind of game settings (visual) you`re using but recommend low to low/medium . Try also disablig AF , AA , and vsync .

I have AA and AF turned off. I have vsync switched off and my settings are mixed between medium and low but for the most part are set to low.

My Nvidia drivers just got updated to 280.26 two days ago but as for DirectX and VC Redistributables I have no Idea if I have them or not. I will check and make sure after I post this

EDIT: I finished checking and yes I have both Of those up to date

There have been reported problems with the 280.26 drivers in that they utilize 100 percent of the card even at idle and raise the temp on the card . Suggest reverting to the 275.33 drivers on a clean install . Clean install options are in the options tab of the installer .

I reverted back to the 275.33 driver and same result. I looked through the configuration files in the witcher directory and my restype looked a little odd. Some of it was saying stuff like "Path0="OVERRIDE:\Meshes" is that normal?

You mean like these ? If yes then it`s normal but you can scroll down the list and compare to yours .

[RESTYPE93]
ID=2085
Name=NPC
Extension=.npc
Path0="OVERRIDE:\Templates\NPCSpawn"

[RESTYPE94]
ID=2086
Name=SPN
Extension=.spn
Path0="OVERRIDE:\Templates\Spawnsets"

[RESTYPE95]
ID=2087
Name=UTX
Extension=.utx
Path0="OVERRIDE:\Spawnpoints"

[RESTYPE96]
ID=2088
Name=MMD
Extension=.mmd
Path0="MODULES:\"

[RESTYPE97]
ID=2089
Name=SMM
Extension=.smm
Path0="SAVES:\"

[RESTYPE98]
ID=2090
Name=UTA
Extension=.uta
Path0="OVERRIDE:\Templates\Actionpoints"

[RESTYPE99]
ID=2091
Name=MDE
Extension=.mde
Path0="OVERRIDE:\Meshes"

[RESTYPE100]
ID=2092
Name=MDV
Extension=.mdv

[RESTYPE101]
ID=2093
Name=MDA
Extension=.mda

[RESTYPE102]
ID=2094
Name=MBA
Extension=.mba

[RESTYPE103]
ID=2095
Name=OCT
Extension=.oct

[RESTYPE104]
ID=2096
Name=BFX
Extension=.bfx

[RESTYPE105]
ID=2097
Name=PDB
Extension=.pdb

[RESTYPE106]
ID=2098
Name=WTS
Extension=.wts

[RESTYPE107]
ID=2099
Name=PVS
Extension=.pvs

[RESTYPE108]
ID=2100
Name=CFX
Extension=.cfx

[RESTYPE109]
ID=2101
Name=LUC
Extension=.luc

[RESTYPE110]
ID=2102
Name=MBX
Extension=.mbx

[RESTYPE111]
ID=2103
Name=PRB
Extension=.prb

[RESTYPE112]
ID=2104
Name=CAM
Extension=.cam

[RESTYPE113]
ID=2105
Name=VDS
Extension=.vds

[RESTYPE114]
ID=2106
Name=BIN
Extension=.bin

[RESTYPE115]
ID=2107
Name=WOB
Extension=.wob

[RESTYPE116]
ID=2111
Name=ADV
Extension=.adv
Path0="MODS:\"

This one was off for some reason:

[RESTYPE94]
ID=2086
Name=SPN
Extension=.spn
Path0="OVERRIDE:\Templates\Spawnsets"

This is what mine read:

[RESTYPE94]
ID=208
Name=SPN
Extension=.spn
Path0=\Spawnsets"

I`m running some mods ..so that may be the difference .
Is yours a disc install ? and are you patched to 1.5 ?
Also noticed your running with 1 GB of ram . Be sure and shut down all unnecessary programs and make an exception in your antivirus for the witcher . Try running the game from the witcher exe found in the witcher/system folder . Make a shortcut to the wither exe by right clicking and send to desktop , once that`s done right click on the new shortcut and select properties then click the compatibility tab and put a check mark in the "Run as administrator" , "Disable visual themes" click apply and ok and retry the game .

It is a disk install and its patched to 1.5 with the directors cut patch as well. As soon as i install the witcher, Webroot has a problem with it so its already got an exception.

No Webroot was actually scanning at the time of the install. I did what you said with witcher.exe and it seems to have fixed the last bit or the problem

Top Bottom