Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another thing.

Witcher 3 is easy to play just to chill and explore the map, while listening the fantastic emotional and calm ost.

Or you can always do some gwent. Go around and compliment people, see the chicken, cows, ducks, and other animals doing their thing.

Nobody is bossing Geralt around.

But in Cyberpunk 2077 I feel like I'm always late for the next mission, nobody wants to talk to me, or are always calling me and asking things.

(post snipped) nobody wants to talk to me, or are always calling me and asking things.

So I'm not having a go at your post - but I laughed hard at this.

This is like when I catch a bus, I'm sitting there hopefully giving off 'f off' vibes because I don't want anyone to sit next to me, and if by the end of the bus trip no-one sits next to me I'm sad because no-one wanted to sit next to me.

Yes the game have a very low replayability, like most of todays game

I feel the same way. I struggle with how to justify playing it through again so I am taking my time and putzing around a lot before finishing.

Working from home/lock downs could also play a factor in folks finishing the game even faster than normal.

Also, not on Steam. Do we have any idea what % are Steam vs. the other platforms?

Probably has to do with short main story, limited replay value, and/or it just didn't run well for them and they gave up.

Myself, I've put 100+ hours in and haven't finished the main story.
Just messing around climbing things, exploring (where I can). Trying builds out.
Probably put it down for a bit and come back after the patches to finish up the game.
I'm on the put down till patches to finish game side of things lol
60 hrs of like you said just exploring, climbing and photomode, didn't even do the parade float mission yet, but I couldn't bring myself to play the great story with so many bugs and performance issues.

I played the CP2077 for around 15hours, reaching the point when I meet Johny Silverhand. Afterwards I stopped, and for now I just drive around for a while after release of each hotfix). I have decided to wait until we receive all the DLCs and fixes.

Damn, I really anticipated the release, yet I had this tingling sensation that there will be troubles.

Hopefully we will receive the title we were promised.

I cam understand...i stiped playing because the game is very boring and generic,and almost all people i know that have the game already finished and moved on...theres a lot of people not interested in playing after the end credits roll...i will wait for the patches amd fixes...until then,back to the witcher 3...

Yes, because if you are angry as a customer these days, then go on and criticize the company, you are called a hater, even though the customer is getting screwed by the company.
I guess we should just shut up and eat sh.. right?

yes. I declare myself an unconditional follower of this game to put the other point of view. Numbers speak and no one can hide that, but haters always make more noise than followers. What I have experienced and felt playing cyberpunk 2077 (and what I still have left) is worth much more than the € 59.99 that I have paid on steam and I will always be prudent to give a bad review to this company of which I have only played this game and to which I give my vote and patience so that they continue to progress

Last edited by a moderator:

Moxy3

Forum regular
yes. I declare myself an unconditional follower of this game to put the other point of view. Numbers speak and no one can hide that, but haters always make more noise than followers. What I have experienced and felt playing cyberpunk 2077 (and what I still have left) is worth much more than the € 59.99 that I have paid on steam and I will always be prudent to give a bad review to this company of which I have only played this game and to which I give my vote and patience so that they continue to progress

well thats great for you, i respect your opinion and i hope my opinion is also respected by you, because i do not follow them blindly. i am rightfully angry and will not sit here getting robbed of my money for a half done product, which i paid full price for.

And people who follow this mess blindfully, are whats hurting the gaming industry the most.
You think by blindfully trusting them and following them, even rating them good after what they have done, you are doing something good for gamers, but you are doing the exact opposite. As long as we have players like you, we will always get messy things like this.
It has literally become a business model to screw over gamers, because of players like you.
This however, is also just my opinion.

i think the game delivers " enough " content for 60 E
- i think i'm still 1 week in the game and still haven't finished

I'm over 200 hours deep and still not tired of it, loving every minute.

I bought two copies - xbox one Collectors and GOG - the total price in AUD was $510 I think?

Roughly $2.55 an hour for entertainment is not bad at all - and that number is only going down.

If I'd only bought the GOG version it's like .40c per hour of entertainment. That's a freaking win in my book.

Cyberpunk is too complex. People switch to chess to chill out.

I've seen this argument multiple times by now and I always have to ask myself how people perceive the game to be complex. CP'77 is much more of an Action-Adventure/Looter-Shooter hybrid than it is an actual RPG. In fact, the RPG-aspects of the game are rather weak - especially if you compare CP'77 to old-school RPGs. In that regard, I dare say that CP'77 is actually quite easy.

The problem with CP'77 is the already mentioned short story and the lack of replayability. That's no surprise though since the current version of CP'77 is an Alpha-build at best. At least the latest alleged leak seems to be quite authetic to me and according to that leak, CDPR cut at least half of the games content - story included (we were allegedly supposed to have 5 acts instead of 3).

Yep, it is my case.

Nvidia drivers keep crashing randomly from 5 minutes to an hour of gameplay and it is really frustrating. Will give it another go when both nvidia releases new drivers and CDPR releases more bugfixes. (Or when a 5700 XT / 6800 becomes available near MSRP and I get something that is at least stable enough to play on Vulkan via vkd3d)

Just verify your game cache if youre on steam. I haven't had any crashes since if found a broken file.
Gl

This is what happens when the main story is so short. Also the fact that the game is bugged doesn't help. I'm still waiting for a few more patchs, so far, i can't...

I'm over 200 hours deep and still not tired of it, loving every minute.

Good for you, I'm glad you can get that much out of it. I got to less than half that amount and found Cyberpunk to be incredibly repetitive. There's just no innovation in the game and there's nothing that really compels me to keep on exploring it, so I can understand why so many have stopped playing it so soon.

well thats great for you, i respect your opinion and i hope my opinion is also respected by you, because i do not follow them blindly. i am rightfully angry and will not sit here getting robbed of my money for a half done product, which i paid full price for.

And people who follow this mess blindfully, are whats hurting the gaming industry the most.
You think by blindfully trusting them and following them, even rating them good after what they have done, you are doing something good for gamers, but you are doing the exact opposite. As long as we have players like you, we will always get messy things like this.
It has literally become a business model to screw over gamers, because of players like you.
This however, is also just my opinion.
Of course I respect you, what's more, I love it because I also learn that way, I'm not perfect in my opinions, I get carried away by emotion and cyberpunk has given me good emotion in many moments. I agree that blind love is not good for the industry, but I am seeing so much bad criticism just for hurting and especially from people who have not played it and others who have not bought it ... I have. paid and if I am enjoying it despite the shortcomings it has, I want to give my positive assessment encouraging them to continue the unfinished path and give us the product they promised. It's hard for me to say: damn because there are bugs, damn because there is no more story, damn because .... I think it is very likely that the cyberpunk that we have seen will transform and within 2 years it will be a marvel. I want to believe it and I also think that the pride of the designers and the love for their work will make the game evolve. I just want to say guys go ahead, the main missions and a lot of the secondary ones are fucking awesome, go ahead, work hard and show your power. the story is very good, the characters are very good but night city needs more interesting npcs, evolved ia, more history and more life that does not make you feel at any time that you are in a dead city.

I played the CP2077 for around 15hours, reaching the point when I meet Johny Silverhand. Afterwards I stopped, and for now I just drive around for a while after release of each hotfix). I have decided to wait until we receive all the DLCs and fixes.

Damn, I really anticipated the release, yet I had this tingling sensation that there will be troubles.

Hopefully we will receive the title we were promised.
Same as me. Stopped at same point, waiting for new patches. I do not want to spoil the game like I did with Witcher 3 playing too much the earlier versions of the game

I'm still playing the game, but there's no denying that there's less to do and less replayability than in W3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom