So the Dev leak info is debunked

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What reputation do they need to rebuild? They have millions of satisfied gamers who claim they got exactly what they wanted and more. Pop the champagne and get ready to ship the DLC.
The amount of backlash from the ps4 and xbox one x release hurt them bad. Sony literally won't put the game back on their store. As they said themselves it's an xbox exclusive now. And that they said the game worked on consoles surprisingly well and they dropped the ball on that. The only people who can viably play this game is on Next-gen, PC, and stadia. That's a whole lot of sales. Also the close to 80% in drop in players is not good for the game on steam alone. Yes once modding is fully able to be at it's full potential then this game's player base will skyrocket again. And not going to lie the optimisation in some areas of the map is really bad. Like jig jig street. yes there are a lot of npcs. But even just driving by I lose quite a few frames and the only thing I see are the buildings not even any npcs yet from again just driving by it. Some people with lower end pc's can't run the game as well as some of the gtx 10 series and up needing around a 6gb card for recommended settings. And the misleading advertising with better game play from 2018. To reflect possible console performance remember the gameplay for 2018 we didn't even know about next gen consoles yet. So it was expected to run on those consoles. And their stock reflects the reputation as well with a very hard decline post release of this title. Also last touch can't forget that the game has the illusion of choice. Your choices hardly matter and don't alter the gameplay in any way for 98% of the story, as well as the lifepath influence on dialogue does nothing and does not alter the story in any way.
Post automatically merged:

looking forward to story dlcs :D

but i dont think they will announce anything too early
lets be patient
Looking forward to new stuff to do as well, but I still want to see this game become what we saw back in 2018. Like the find their old build and work off that. Even if the story stays the exact same.

Moxy3

Forum regular
100% - I wanted Cyberpunk to not just be an amazing game, I wanted it to shake the foundations of the industry with a single player / DRM free launch that showed the industry that it doesn't need to chase BattleRoyale / MMO bollocks.

It didn't do that, at least, it didn't do that in the way I was hoping.

I'm still sad and still angry that it isn't everything it could be, especially when it comes to the main story.

I get that disappointment. I was there for Deus Ex Invisible War, C&C4, Dragon Age 2, ME3, and so on. The list of gaming disappointments is freaking crazy when you think about it.

...but I'm also optimistic because I saw what happened with The Witcher 1, Witcher 2 and Witcher 3. And while the scale and scope for Cyberpunk and the work to be done is much, much larger than prevoiusly - I know they have the capacity and hopefully still the internal culture to seek and keep improving, even TW3 is still getting updated with a raytracing patch which is fantastic.

..so yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'm optimisitc, and I'll stay that way until they show me I shouldn't be.

It may not seem like it, but im also trying to be optimistic. The reason for me being so negative about this game, is simply because of my passion for this game and for facts i cannot ignore.

I hope for the best for all of us and for the game.. but i see a dark future.
Honestly.. im mentally prepared for everything that is coming now. I wont be shocked if they try to resell us cut content.

If i stand wrong though and it turns out otherwise, i will take my time and write a honest and deep apology to everyone.

Thats where i stand.

Seriously anyone was hoping that this will be confirmed ??

Yes, that's true, our bosses are completely f'up :ROFLMAO:

I think its more than that...as bad as the Refund situation on CDPR has been, can you IMAGINE what it would be like if they admitted; "yep, game sucks and we ain't gonna do shit to fix it! Suckers!!!"

You'd think they'd want to lie to us some more and kiss our butts a little...wouldn't they? Shouldn't they?!?!

People just write something what they wanted to hear.

Even some rumors are true, like beating major character with... cough.. golf club.

LOL

So much churn and anxiety over a simple rebuttal.

Why silence? It's this little rule called fiduciary responsibility.

Look at the other dumpster fire of Q4-2020: MS Flight Sim. Look at the Dev Q&As and see WHO are the people responding, and making commitments to deliver? Program Managers, Producers, Heads of Studios. That's who.

As a publicly held company, CDPR Officers (an official corporate title which among other things comes with the burden that if you say or do anything to negatively impact the bottom line, you get sued - personally, without the benefit of the company shielding you for having failed in your duties), are the first in the line of fire in a lawsuit. And they are also the only folks who can make forward looking statements (i.e., intentions) that could affect Product futures as well as stock price. So they're going to be tight-lipped.

MS-Asobo isn't being sued. Hence, Jorge and the Asobo leadership are free to make reasonable decisions, publicly and in real time, as long as they can write the checks to deliver it, resource wise.

CDPR being sued? Their Legal Team's first instructions are immediate radio silence. This is a software product, not a life and limb issue. No one is going to die, be endangered or lose nuclear weapons control because the game is the game in current state. And that's true even if this is the game's final state.

Eddies to donuts, Legal already signaled to Dev/Mod/PR "Don't respond EVER again to something like that Reddit." Anything that can be used against you legally will be used. You think this is radio silence? It takes YEARS for a non-criminal suit to make it's way through the courts, even in the most efficient of legal districts.

They will roll out patches, and maybe a DLC or two. But comments on what the game is vs what it was supposed to be? Probably never.

Enjoy what you have. If you don't like it, move on. Life's too short to spend that much energy on something as trivial as a video game.

So for some reason a CDPR representative went against company policy (to not remark on rumors) and remarked on this one, to specifically say it's not true. Now call me leery over CDPR lying to us, but why would someone all of a sudden go out of their way to debunk this one.

My guess... and this is a guess... is that it's closer to the truth then CDPR would like, maybe not the whole truth, but close enough... and they decided under the circumstances, especially with a lawsuit going on, to make a comment to try and damage control some more.

The real question is, how much of it is true, and how much of it is false.

I was thinking the same. This kind of stuff happens in the entertainment / sports industries a lot where a company denies something (like trading away a player) and the exact thing literally happens a couple of days later. Because they don't want the leak to hurt the deal by giving the other side leverage or whatever.

These leaks may be false, but the absurdity is how much of the CDPR itself is true. Before the game was released they also said the console version was running well, and we all know the results.

I hope we all learned the hard lesson of not preordering games ever again, I certainly will not. Just need to make sure developers don't dump us after the release, while they laugh all the way to the bank.

Lol. CDPR has the most awkward PR team imaginable. If you want to address something and debunk it, provide contrary information and substantiate your claim.

At this point, I honestly expect that CDPR is not going to be transparent about anything regarding this specific title going forward. They will provide the DLC announcements and that will be it. Even the DLC's are just going to rile everyone up again... This game has become a PR nightmare.

This game's release is already an afterthought to the management team, they will move on and just stick to the modus operandi to try eventually get ahead of the commotion.

IMHO the only way CDPR gets on the front foot is with a new game and that's not happening in the very foreseeable future.

if it's not true it means someone made all that stuff? it is so detailed, doesn't seem made up at all tbh
if it is someone is seriously deranged by making all of that stuff up

If you understand the narrative you can make any shoe fit. That being said, where there's smoke... well you know the rest blah blah

With how they have gone about with the release of Cyberpunk 2077, I have my worries about the fate of The Witcher series going forward. I mean okay Witcher 4 has to my knowledge not even been announced yet but do we want these guys to even work on it knowing what they are like now?

I'm still sticking to my guns and never purchasing a game from them again..I'm sure many others think the same too.

As for the leak I didn't believe and I didn't put any hope on it but CDPR really needs to do something, I'll personally only believe in something when it is sitting right in front of me.

With how they have gone about with the release of Cyberpunk 2077, I have my worries about the fate of The Witcher series going forward. I mean okay Witcher 4 has to my knowledge not even been announced yet but do we want these guys to even work on it knowing what they are like now?

I'm still sticking to my guns and never purchasing a game from them again..I'm sure many others think the same too.

As for the leak I didn't believe and I didn't put any hope on it but CDPR really needs to do something, I'll personally only believe in something when it is sitting right in front of me.

Far as i'm aware they not going to be looking at the Witcher IP in the foreseeable future.

I must be insane, I don't care about cut content. I just want to enjoy my game on my humble PS4 slim at the very least locked at 30 fps. I can deal with ugly graphics, but low unacceptable framerate just kills the experience and gameplay.

Their rep means nothing.
Is it still a broken game? Yes.
Is there still cut content? Yes.
Do you feel there could have been more? Yes.
Are the romance options very limited? Yes.

It was an unfinished game. I uninstalled it on my Ps5, I'm waiting for more content and DLC. So I'll probably be waiting an entire year to get a full finished, polished game.

I forgot to add, and your shadow?! LOL!
Your Shadow? Jesus Christ.....what were they thinking.

Their rep means nothing.
Is it still a broken game? Yes.
Is there still cut content? Yes.
Do you feel there could have been more? Yes.
Are the romance options very limited? Yes.

It was an unfinished game. I uninstalled it on my Ps5, I'm waiting for more content and DLC. So I'll probably be waiting an entire year to get a full finished, polished game.
yeah right now im in exploration mode trying to find more stuff around the map instead of working on quest progress I've already done 2 other playthroughs caring about the differences in dialogue realizing it makes no difference halfway through the 2nd.

This product is not finished! It is not a product introduced in 2019 Deep dive video!!! We are still asking for complete back cut content!!!

yeah right now im in exploration mode trying to find more stuff around the map instead of working on quest progress I've already done 2 other playthroughs caring about the differences in dialogue realizing it makes no difference halfway through the 2nd.
Nope, I've realized that before I met Rogue for the first time on my first playthrough.
I killed so many Tiger Claws and Wakako still treats me completely fine. She should have a bounty on my head already.

But nope, nothing. Really pulls you away from the immersion as well.

What reputation do they need to rebuild? They have millions of satisfied gamers who claim they got exactly what they wanted and more. Pop the champagne and get ready to ship the DLC.

This I have always believed all the rants ( missing features , false advertising , hype..etc) are an overreaction, I also belivive if the majority of the 13mil customers were dissatisfied there would be a lot more outrage than there is , I think if you had up every unique rant post anywhere on social media it would not even add up to 1% of 13 mil.

The didn't make a game of W3 quality this time and I am not happy with a bunch of stuff but that's not a crime its still worth $60 in my opinion

Nope, I've realized that before I met Rogue for the first time on my first playthrough.
I killed so many Tiger Claws and Wakako still treats me completely fine. She should have a bounty on my head already.

But nope, nothing. Really pulls you away from the immersion as well.

wakako sends you against the tiger claws herself regularly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom