[TW1]Strands of Destiny Mod

+
wow...what can i say. Sounds fantastic cant wait to :eek: it .If you need any cockney voice overs be sure to let me know

I've already expressed admiration for your great project, but don't you think meddling into voice-over stuff can easily be counterproductive?I mean: that is a thing that has to be almost perfect, or the risk to ruin the "atmosphere" will be fairly high..not to mention you can't reproduce the correct voice of the main characters..As a RPGs lover I know that a well-written dialogue (in terms of quality) can easily match (and possibly surpass) the "atmosphere bonus" a voiced-over text can give you..In other therms: when we talk about dialogues "quality factor" I think the voice over is absolutely secondary ;)

We are bringing in professional voice actors for the game, as well as contacting the original voice actors for the few characters from The Witcher to replay their roles in Strands of Destiny. So you'll be getting great voice overs, well-written dialogue, and the correct voices of Geralt, Triss, and a few other characters. :)But yes, the dialogue and script comes first and foremost. Voice overs will be on the low end of priorities we have currently, though we do wish to put the same amount of effort into voice overs as every other detail. :)

awesome work you are pulling there mates.....When is the first chapter schedueld to come out ?

Right now the tentative release of first chapter is late August, early September. We will update the date to something more concrete once we make heavier progress. :)

I was reading all of the info on your website, and everything looks so awesome. It seems like you have a really solid plan and hopefully everything goes smooth. Good Luck!

May's newsletter has launched. You can get a copy here.Development continues. Much of the assets design, as well as a great deal of our newer features, have been completed. We have made great strides on really digging deep into the scripting interface to make Aurora do some pretty remarkable things.This month's newsletter has a lot of insider content on the going on's of our studio. You have a look into our lead writer, Piotrek Hardy. Then there's the story developed by our lead artist, Caroline Kintzel. And we've even managed to add a new concept piece, as well as a render of the Reynard the Fox Inn of Carreas.In other news, our website will be getting a complete revamp in the next month or so. We will be making the site easier to navigate, get a graphical overhaul, and adding quite a few new sections. These sections include renders, screenshots, videos, and more.

I see the last posts on this have been a while ago.. is this and the other mods still being worked on or is it dead? I went to the main site and the posts there are even older :( Just wondering if there is a possible time frame available since the ones posted came and went months ago.

We're still hard at work on Deception and Arena. As soon as both projects are fully complete, we will begin heavy work on Strands of Destiny. We will have news very soon.

Deception is more or less complete. It has been complete, minus voice overs, for over a month. Voice overs are about 90% complete, but the voice team has vanished from the planet. So we're in a predicament where we can launch it without voices, or wait for the voice team to return. The option is in the community's hands. Would you want Deception to launch without voices, and then perhaps a "developer" cut version separate that has the voices that have been complete, or wait until voices are finished (if ever)?

I'm not longer on contest, I have holiday now, I have time the whole day to play it.... and 90% voices is enough for now, so: Yes, give it to us, quick... ::)

Id like to play it with the voices, but if its going to be more than a couple weeks to get all the voices in, then id say release now with 90% of the voices. Hopefully, the voice actors didnt bail out on you

I'm with the others: Price of Neutrality is very playable without the voices, so go ahead without the voices and if possible add the voices on a later release.Having the voice-overs does add so much, but, as I discovered with Price of Neutrality; I could 'hear' the voices from the game as I read the lines. If this were stand-alone, you couldn't release it without the voices. But as a add on, it most certainly would be okay with most players, I think. :wave:

Talks with VO actors will continue as of today. Sorry for the delay, but 800+ lines of dialog will take a toll on you mentally and emotionally. Alot of us have kids and other jobs which makes the process even more difficult. We will continue to pick ourselves up and grind it out. Thank for your patience. :peace:

Top Bottom