Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
the 2018 demo is almost exactly ingame footage, its also 2 years before the game came out, you should expect changes

this the 2018 demo, its basically the same game with a different Ui, less graphics. Only one major change, looks like you were supposed to get randomly attacked by enemies at some point. And some combat changes, wall running with mantis blades scrapped. This video is virtually the same product, surprising there aren't more changes actually
Yupp, looks the same except the UI and the character creation looks a bit different. Also surprised it looks so close to what we finally got!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

Drastic changes over the course of long development and features being reworked or removed is nothing new.
Want more extreme example than Cyberpunk? Take a look at Bioshock Infinite:

TW1 had unterwater city removed from ch.4.
TW2 had the entire chapter removed from the game.
TW3 had the subplot related to plague in Velen removed (including Iorveth). Monsters were also supposed to have multiple hitboxes and weak points. It was removed.

Want a game with no cut content? Have fun playing Star Citizen.

I don't see Jason Schreier ranting on other games so this makes him just jumping on hate wagon because such opportunity opened. Just ignor the troll.
Well, sorry, maybe you should open your eyes. I'm not a groupie of Jason Schreier but as far I remember he made articles about Blizzard changing into a Activison-Blizzard Zombie, how 800 employees get thrown out a few months later. He wrote the first article about the crunch-situation at CDPR (Witcher 3), as far I remember, and Rockstar (RDR2). So it is not surprising that
Interviews with more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff,
was possible, I think the people in the studios trust him. If I would work at a studio and had something to criticize I would write him a mail, too.
And a little search: ANTHEM for you as example.

Another topic:

I want to say Thank you and make a compliment to the mods here and whoever is responsible for the guidelines of public comments. It is not common, that "we" can speak so open about the problems a few of us have with the game in its current state. Respect that you can take it and let us criticize.
Thx. I appreciate that. :ok:

you working for Bloomberg, posting paid content? Bloomberg is a corporate focused new organization, they are prone to take the viewpoint of the board of directors. Who I honestly don't believe didnt know that things weren't great on ps4. Even in their own words, they were told its working surprisingly well on ps4(which means its working better than expected, and expected is low) and they knew they hoped to be able to iron out remaining bugs in a release day patch(which is a last second gamble) They also knew the game was delayed significantly. I fully believe the board was pushing for more productivity, and wanted that pre christmas release at all costs. Now they essentially want to use that to blame the creators of the company and take more control and money, when in reality, the game is still a financial success.

[...]
Post automatically merged:

but the vertical slice was not the 2018 demo, that was like 2013. The 2018 demo is basically straight from the game, and shows the first chapter of the game.

So really the Bloomberg article is bull and bad journalism. But to be honest thats most news these days, they pump out these stories like an elementary students book reports the day before turning it in.

actually, no. Game devs still somtimes use vertical slices for demo purposes when they show games to journalists. Vertical slices are not just used in order to convince inverstors. The things is that devs presenting these slices as demos usually mention to journalists upfront that they are actually showing a vertical slice and not a part of the final game. During the CDPR demos at E3 and gamescom it was never mentioned that the thing they were showing was not actually part of the game afaik.

In most cases this sign is a message from devs like "don't worry if you see any bugs, work in progress", it doesn't mean that game won't include represented gameplay.

no, its a disclaimer because the development process can be drastically different or not different at all. 2 years before you release a game, you are not at the feature complete state, where only bug fixing is happening. Think about how much games change in two years even after release. What they showed in the 2018 demo is almost exactly whats in the game.

this is not significantly different than whats in game.

Sorry but once again this guy article looks to me like 20% of real informations, mixed with 80% of speculation and drama inducing statements for "clicks".

Okay so first thing that stands out to me, " 2018 demo was almost entirely fake ".
Start walking on foot for a while arround Night City and look on details, assets, underpasses, overpasses etc ...and tell me if it was possible to make all of this in 2 years ? slap onto that all of the RPG elemenets, characters, cars, writing, weapons...well everything that glues the game together.

Well ? One district in this game has more work put into it than some entire games that sell for 60$. Now you could tell me that devs at CDPR are so overworked they could actualy put it together in 2 years. Sure, sure... "evil overlords from CDPR".

One thing people need to realize, the journalists are basicaly immune to getting " called out " about something.
Nobody will point the fingers and counter journalist with another article titled : " you're full of shit, and here's why...".

So all in all I would take this with grain of salt.
Bloomberg is the real deal.

actually, no. Game devs still somtimes use vertical slices for demo purposes when they show games to journalists. Vertical slices are not just used in order to convince inverstors. The things is that devs presenting these slices as demos usually mention to journalists upfront that they are actually showing a vertical slice and not a part of the final game. During the CDPR demos at E3 and gamescom it was never mentioned that the thing they were showing was not actually part of the game afaik.

the vertical slice was in 2013, not 2018, and it was just stylized cutscene with no gameplay the 2018 demo is almost verbatim whats in game with a different UI

and they did mention the 2013 trailer was a vertical slice.

as I have posted repeatedly the 2018 demo is extremely accurate to whats in game.

the major change is only no random encounters. quickhacking is always open instead of requiring monowire, and walljump removed from mantis blades, but they added double jump and air evasion. Thats it, in 43 minutes thats the only major differences, which is surprising considering it was two years ago

Last edited:
The complex reason why the Demo 3. person and Engine can't come into CP77 is (in my eyes) the PS4 and XBox.

There to old to handle that level of games. And I think it's cut, because of it. Another Problems are the devs who leaves
CDPR and a new Mainstory cuz of Keanu Reeves. Maybe it's sounds a bit like a conspiracy. But the differences are inexplicable.
Just going to throw it here, their creative director left the studio not far from the gameplay release. Cannot be something far fetch.

Maybe people should stop defending ill practices, regardless of how "industry standard" they are?

Then show me the ill practice i've defended - as you quote me.
Seeing how you quote "industry standards", which i've attached to vertical slices - i see no problem with them. They should indicate the vision the developers want to follow. They're great for a team itself and especially for people outside of it, to get an idea of what the end product should look and feel like.
And the failure here wasn't that CDPRs management did such a slice, but rather that they seemingly didn't plan enough time for all of that - so Schreier mentions a non-issue and tries to say that was the issue. Putting emphasis on the slice not being finished, instead of missing development time. Implying the will of the people (including developers, which is why he goes 'Dev's thought it a waste of time') involved with that slice to willfully lie instead of recognizing that the people likely wanted to deliver that but miscalculated how long it all would take.
And i've explained that CDPRs management failed in how long they calculated everything would take. And my initial short summary of what the article actually includes is the Dictate of Marketing over the product - and yes they overall Marketing has quite certainly dozens of actually bad things done - just not the non-problems Schreiers mentions.

Sorry but once again this guy article looks to me like 20% of real informations, mixed with 80% of speculation and drama inducing statements for "clicks".

Okay so first thing that stands out to me, " 2018 demo was almost entirely fake ".
Start walking on foot for a while arround Night City and look on details, assets, underpasses, overpasses etc ...and tell me if it was possible to make all of this in 2 years ? slap onto that all of the RPG elemenets, characters, cars, writing, weapons...well everything that glues the game together.

Well ? One district in this game has more work put into it than some entire games that sell for 60$. Now you could tell me that devs at CDPR are so overworked they could actualy put it together in 2 years. Sure, sure... "evil overlords from CDPR".

One thing people need to realize, the journalists are basicaly immune to getting " called out " about something.
Nobody will point the fingers and counter journalist with another article titled : " you're full of shit, and here's why...".

So all in all I would take this with grain of salt.
What I do not understand is that so many people have this sort of thing being spoonfed and not even stop for a second to think it may be overexaggerated at best, full of shit at worst. We live in a time where media from 'journalists' are as trustworthy as a bag of hot doorknobs as far as truth is concerned.
Best is to not watch this shit, and just wait and see what CDPR will do.

also... what's wrong with people that they honestly believe everything is gonna be fixed in a mere few months?

also... what's wrong with people that they honestly believe everything is gonna be fixed in a mere few months?

I don't think anyone expects absolutely everything fixed in a few months.

There is the fact that a LOT of the gameplay bugs are just link errors in the databases, with calculations not getting the right values because of it. When that happens a crap-ton of other bugs appear that can make a game seem extremely buggy, but when the links are fixed a whole plethora of issues are resolved at the same time.

The storyline elements and such that people complain about wont change imo. That is just unrealistic. However I can see some additional elements added in to improve the storytelling. But no re-writing or refactoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not significantly different than whats in game.
There are little things missing that makes a huge diffence in the whole game. As far I remember the wallclimbing is in this video and the flathead as a kind of "pet". Not in the game.
A ONS? sneaking out the appartment. The romance options in the current game are... thin. Visitors in Vs apartment. Not in the game (just as bug).
NPC full day-night circle. In the game: Idle their route day and night.
Shooting as the driver out of the driving car. Not in the game.
Last but not least cutscenes. I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew that it will beginning to almost end (40 sek. max). FPS. Not in the game.
etc.pp.

I think this points are significantly. But at least Jackie didn't walk trough the wardrobe shoving a ton of paper in the air. That feature I (and a few others) had.

It depends on what you think is going to be "fixed." What I want fixed is console bugs so the game is playable. I like the game just fine otherwise.

Anything after MAKING THE GAME PLAYABLE is just gravy.

Nah, I still think all the stuff will be in the game, it just didn't make it into the release version as long as they don't go against game idea in general. I wouldn't want to wait longer myself for the release.
It might be the case regarding some features, but what are they gonna do about life paths, for example? They already hinted that "nah, not gonna happen, son".
Post automatically merged:

Yupp, looks the same except the UI and the character creation looks a bit different. Also surprised it looks so close to what we finally got!
I already mentioned it before, but it feels a bit like a cruel joke. Visuals remained almost as good as in early promos, in some respects even better, but game systems were scaled waaaay down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom