[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
I still don't really understand the reason why many people are against "nomads helping V in the future", lore wisely nomads are way smarter than a street kid and stormtech is with them.
People just think they're some redneck hicks lol but I don't think they realize how smart you have to be to put together the basilisk by yourself and how smart the plans they come up with are.

I still don't really understand the reason why many people are against "nomads helping V in the future", lore wisely nomads are way smarter than a street kid and stormtech is with them.
in sun ending panam offers V to die in desert among avocados, no magical contacts
so i think thats why
and mr.be is one of most powerful ai in the game
ai are like gods of cp and cannot lie
one reason for dlc is devs love panam

I posted something akin to this in another part of the forums and was basically told, "this is supposed to be a dark game, get used to it."
And since I never played The Witcher series or anything CDPR has put out, figured they were right.
But now that you've jogged my memory i do remember doing speed limit tests on a number of vehicles going from NC to the badlands along that one strip of highway and towards the very end (just by the wind turbines where you have that cyberpsycho mission, the road goes on but then that text you mentioned appears
"Turn back, this area is not available... Yet..." Which obviously is pretty heavy foreshadowing that we will get an expansion outside of night city in the future.
Which had me thinking as well... Oh shit, more fun stuff is on the horizon... slight pun intended.
This was also waaay before I hit No Point of Return.
Furthermore I hate ALL bad/shitty endings in games so told myself, "hey self... fuck these endings. we are making our own". Of course a lot of people do this that love to write and create fan storyline events but this was the first time a game brought out this much passion from me that I felt i owed Valerie (my V was female) something better... And V DOES!. The grind, all the support and chaos, blood sweat and tears... just to die in 6 months... FUCK THAT.
So yes... DLC the shit out of this CDPR, otherwise I'll pull a Silverhand/V Arasaka raid right up in that bitch!

Edit:
Does anyone have a clue, or theory of how long after the Star ending the end credit messages roll out? We see Judy being all mushy for V on the call and clearly the Clan has parked itself somewhere. IS this perhaps Tucson already? If it is, how much time has passed??

Last edited:
we spend the next 15 minutes saying our good-byes to Panam and the Nomads and then go to the nearest space station and set off for space. Done.

Saying goodbye to Panam
Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3.37.14_PM.jpg

Unacceptable.

Post automatically merged:

If the continuing story is related to MBE then who leads Arasaka doesn't have to be relevant. Blood and Wine wasn't affected by the geopolitical shifts after the Wild Hunt.

There are a lot of other corporations that don't get their limelight. Nightcorp seems poised to be the next focus.

That's the point and there's no right answer because of how themes and symbols play into telling a story. Tarots are intentionally placed in important areas directly related to the quest or characters. They make a point of leaving datashards in each of the ending alluding to your choice coming down to quiet life vs. blaze of glory. I'm just repeating myself at this point but you get the gist.

In real life I would be saying Misty is completely off her rocker. In a fictional video game there's more to work with, and room to say "ok there seems to be some hidden messaging the writers are utilizing". If you peel back the onion on just about every story and try to compare it to some scientific explanation you'll just come up disappointed -- every time. It makes no sense that Achilles is apparently immortal but just kicks the bucket when an arrow hits him in the heel. Or that Odysseus was apparently galavanting for 10 years around the Mediterranean and encountered mermaids and one eyed giants. Or how Rome was founded by Romulus and Remus because a wild wolf magically nursed them to health. Or that there was a man who was so obsessed with his own vanity, that when he saw his reflection in a lake he sat there and just died because he couldn't take his eyes off of himself to eat and drink (Narcissus).

The medical experts could be right, but they have also been consistently wrong. V's entire prognosis was you're dead in 3 weeks. We have now advanced to you being dead in 6 months, maybe more. Progress of a kind.

The entire arc of the story is fighting and defying the odds, or as some of the broken records keep screeching: "iTs AbOuT sUrViVal". So you perform the impossible and get to Mikoshi, but the moment some AI tells you "oh no 6 months" you guys just deflate or fold up like cheap lawn chairs. The irony is lost.

View attachment 11149655

Totally dude, we all completely believe this. It's not as if we're here talking about the ulterior motive behind MBE and his position in the entire story and what the future might hold. Does he hold the cure? Is it just a ploy with a deeper story? You decide.

---

There's just a subset of some people that are like the Onion article. Man gets a rush reminding people that V is going to die in 6 months and the story sucks.

Interesting. My honest guess would be a way to tell which save is compatible for NewGame+.

It's contrived in the same way Misty gives you pills that will kill you faster. They couldn't figure out a way to justify Johnny steering the ship for a few missions. They threw in the 6 months to live in all endings because they want to validate the Temperance ending. Who would ever pick Temperance when you're returning to a body with no ailments? Then you consider that the whole neurological incompatibility doesn't hold up since neurons are constantly rewriting their own DNA. So what gives? Writers not being scientists.

It's all contrived like how Dag in AC: Valhalla is just picking fights with Eivor for no reason, even though everything Eivor is doing is in service of what Dag wants while still criticizing him for not doing it.

Well said.

Last edited:
I posted something akin to this in another part of the forums and was basically told, "this is supposed to be a dark game, get used to it."
And since I never played The Witcher series or anything CDPR has put out, figured they were right.
But now that you've jogged my memory i do remember doing speed limit tests on a number of vehicles going from NC to the badlands along that one strip of highway and towards the very end (just by the wind turbines where you have that cyberpsycho mission, the road goes on but then that text you mentioned appears

Which had me thinking as well... Oh shit, more fun stuff is on the horizon... slight pun intended.
This was also waaay before I hit No Point of Return.
Furthermore I hate ALL bad/shitty endings in games so told myself, "hey self... fuck these endings. we are making our own". Of course a lot of people do this that love to write and create fan storyline events but this was the first time a game brought out this much passion from me that I felt i owed Valerie (my V was female) something better... And V DOES!. The grind, all the support and chaos, blood sweat and tears... just to die in 6 months... FUCK THAT.
So yes... DLC the shit out of this CDPR, otherwise I'll pull a Silverhand/V Arasaka raid right up in that bitch!

Edit:
Does anyone have a clue, or theory of how long after the Star ending the end credit messages roll out? We see Judy being all mushy for V on the call and clearly the Clan has parked itself somewhere. IS this perhaps Tucson already? If it is, how much time has passed??
I would say that it could be 1/2 days, in the ending you cross border and the distance to Tucson is not that great. I would rather think how much time passed between mikoshi and the epilogue, one of nomad's say that mitch was in a bad shape for a few days after the last mission and when we see him he is okay

I think some people misunderstand nomads, considering them to be savages, like nomads from the Middle Ages. Of course they are involved in smuggling, but it is definitely impossible to call them backward in technology. For example Mitch managed to repair the Basilisk with improvised means. Aldecaldo has extensive ties with large corporations, the scientific potential of which is not less than Arasaka’s. I'm curious about what corporations in Arizona can offer to cure V. I have no reason not to trust them or trust them less than Arasaka. I'm curious about time when Mister Blue Eyes wants to contact V. And yes, I want Panam / Judy to play a role in these events (if we talk about Star ending), because they could be V’s LI. Panam and Judy can no longer be side characters in this case. Probably some people don’t take nomads seriously, preferring to consider corporates from Arasaka or Alt Cunnigham (AI who MADE A MISTAKE of not initially considering that V would die in 6 months) as more reliable partners. I think nomads are smarter than they seem.
I think V has real CHANCE with Aldecaldos which he should use, if he plans to fight for his life and his new Family and girl he/she loves.

I think some people misunderstand nomads, considering them to be savages, like nomads from the Middle Ages. Of course they are involved in smuggling, but it is definitely impossible to call them backward in technology. For example Mitch managed to repair the Basilisk with improvised means. Aldecaldo has extensive ties with large corporations, the scientific potential of which is not less than Arasaka’s. I'm curious about what corporations in Arizona can offer to cure V. I have no reason not to trust them or trust them less than Arasaka. I'm curious about time when Mister Blue Eyes wants to contact V. And yes, I want Panam / Judy to play a role in these events (if we talk about Star ending), because they could be V’s LI. Panam and Judy can no longer be side characters in this case. Probably some people don’t take nomads seriously, preferring to consider corporates from Arasaka or Alt Cunnigham (AI who MADE A MISTAKE of not initially considering that V would die in 6 months) as more reliable partners. I think nomads are smarter than they seem.
I think V has real CHANCE with Aldecaldos which he should use, if he plans to fight for his life and his new Family and girl he/she loves.

I've seen people just dismiss them as hippies because they travel around in caravans. And Cassidy (I love this guy) also doesn't do them any favors because he's a stereotypical cowboy. The flash judgement is caravans + cowboy = some variation of hippy or rural transient.

I've seen people just dismiss them as hippies because they travel around in caravans. And Cassidy (I love this guy) also doesn't do them any favors because he's a stereotypical cowboy. The flash judgement is caravans + cowboy = some variation of hippy or rural transient.
Agree. Unfortunately this formed a superficial view of nomads and their potential. But in fact, nomads can be no less advanced than corporates, and no less purposeful than street kids.

Wholeheartedly agree. I think many people dismiss them as illiterate sand ruffians because they aren't sold on the idea of them being able to help V with his/her problem, let alone find a cure if Arasaka couldn't (or wasn't really willing); which is fine, nothing GUARANTEES that they can help in the end. But I don't think it's correct to disregard them so easily or to conclude that they can't play any key part on V's survival. If anything, I find them a sound option.

It doesn't really help that aesthetically they take a lot of notes from Borderlands characters and are somewhat inspired in Mad Max in game as well. However, lore-wise, they're far more educated than street-kids, meaning, they're far more educated than most of Night City.

The clans are also filled with high achieving members of society that were unwilling to continue living under a metropolitan corpo-dystopia like Night City: scholars, artists, scientists, engineers, ex-military and the like. That's one of the reasons why clans as a whole are usually well connected with important people in important places.

probably just me, but anyone else feeling empty inside physically after finishing cyberpunk?

like this game interacted in such a unique way, the endings felt real, in a way it feels like a death in real life (depending on the ending in the game) after playing all endings, frankly, I don't think I'll ever play cyberpunk again, it doesn't feel right to continue playing the game.

Being honest its fucking tragic, the endings pulled on the heartstrings you know? don't know any other way to describe it, the creators of this game have really outdone themselves

probably just me, but anyone else feeling empty inside physically after finishing cyberpunk?

like this game interacted in such a unique way, the endings felt real, in a way it feels like a death in real life (depending on the ending in the game) after playing all endings, frankly, I don't think I'll ever play cyberpunk again, it doesn't feel right to continue playing the game.

Being honest its fucking tragic, the endings pulled on the heartstrings you know? don't know any other way to describe it, the creators of this game have really outdone themselves
Yea I definitely felt that way after beating the game and after beating Panam's questline, that was over a month ago now for me. I've beat the game 2 more times since and I still feel a little bit empty inside lmao, no game I've ever played before had that much of an impact on me so I agree with you, the writers really did outdo themselves!

Yea I definitely felt that way after beating the game and after beating Panam's questline, that was over a month ago now for me. I've beat the game 2 more times since and I still feel a little bit empty inside lmao, no game I've ever played before had that much of an impact on me so I agree with you, the writers really did outdo themselves!
I feel ya, honestly, I've heard a lot of criticism about the game, but I personally love it, ever watched bladerunner? i get massive bladerunner vibes from this game, I love it.

In a way like most games, you personalize your character in a way that connects with you, items of clothing, what weapons you use, different playing tactics to create your own personal experience, I guess that's why the game felt more meaningful, their were consequences to actions in the game.

When I got the game late last year, I played it everyday, hours upon hours, so in a way, I made 'V' in a way that resembled me if you catch what I'm saying? maybe I'm reading too much into it, but their were a lot of realistic meanings behind everything, the writers and creators definitely created an experience worth remembering.

Last edited:
they turn finals into some kind of garbage that doesn't suit almost everyone
before choice game says to you
star: a lot of nomads will die, she may die, you have to choose it only for more cutscenes with li, but then magic happens
sun: i dont want to risk them, then game ruins your romance line, panam becomes obsessed, selfish and doesn't offer a possible cure, v has unlimited money, but he becomes a gonk with nothing to lose (he has)

and im afraid for "good" story ending and possible dlc

Last edited:

I felt the same way (also when I beat Witcher 3). Seems like CDPR games only cause that feeling of ennui or post-game melancholy for me.

Then you start another game with a new build and you're killing gonks with Jackie again.

right now there are more questions than answers plus a ton of plot holes and inconsistencies as well as the poorly written endings we have right now. here's hoping we get some goddam answers. but first we need that cut content brought back most if not all.

Top Bottom