[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
Hopefully this update is really good and gets the game back on the PSN store. Right now I think that's the main battle for CDPR. If they get back on the PS Store and if this patch makes a significant difference, I think we could possibly see a DLC roadmap by mid February. They very clearly had everything done because they planned to announce the roadmap much earlier but this got delayed by the bad release. I never played TW3, so I'm not sure if a roadmap was released or not. I do know a season pass was released. This is probably the reason that we didn't get the roadmap right away. They knew releasing a $25-30 season pass with a game that had a bad release would look awful on their part.

They knew releasing a $25-30 season pass with a game that had a bad release would look awful on their part.

yeah, they cannot offer a saeson pass, it would come off as totally tone deaf. "Hey, we grossly overpromised and underdelivered, now buy this thing in advance and pray that the content is gonna be worth it. Because we are trustworthy." If they do that, I'm going to laugh so hard...then cry a little."

Hopefully this update is really good and gets the game back on the PSN store. Right now I think that's the main battle for CDPR. If they get back on the PS Store and if this patch makes a significant difference, I think we could possibly see a DLC roadmap by mid February. They very clearly had everything done because they planned to announce the roadmap much earlier but this got delayed by the bad release. I never played TW3, so I'm not sure if a roadmap was released or not. I do know a season pass was released. This is probably the reason that we didn't get the roadmap right away. They knew releasing a $25-30 season pass with a game that had a bad release would look awful on their part.
Apparently TW3 had a roadmap out before the game was even released. But yea I think you're right. If they can get everything fixed with either this patch or the next we will have a better chance of seeing a roadmap soon

They won't offer a season pass i think, every expansion will be sold separately. The expansion here will probably be too big to include them into one pass. I guess that we will see goty edition after releasing the expansions that will include them but for a significantly bigger price(but still it will be cheaper than buying main game + expansions separately) just like with witcher 3.

Guest 4519094

have they gone too far ?!

get your full body conversion today!
No one can stop you from becoming the saka murder bot you've always dreamt of being :p

Apparently TW3 had a roadmap out before the game was even released. But yea I think you're right. If they can get everything fixed with either this patch or the next we will have a better chance of seeing a roadmap soon
TW3 was way more planned, they knew what they wanted to do back then, in cyberpunk many things were cut in last moments and the main story changed many times before release, we also have proof that the whole game was scrapped in 2016. Development of cyberpunk was a giant mess so i guess that they didn't have any time to think about roadmaps for expansions. The Developer who said about the fact that V's story is complete stopped working there before the keanu reeves reveal and i guess that shows that hiring keanu changed they entire approach to the game, the main story was changed to make his character the main character of the game. In 2018 Johnny silverhand was shown as rockerboy who passed out in 2076, year later in 2019 johnny silverhand was shown as an ultimate rebel who blew up arasaka tower with a fucking nuke xd Also one of the commercials feels totally out of place, the one where V speaks with probably a fixer. In this trailer we may see giant mansions supercars flying AV's and fixer tells V that he can have it all. Then the main game doesn't even touch that. It feels like this commercial was made back in 2018 when the story was more focused on becoming the legend of night city and they just released it in 2020 because it would be a waste of money if they didn't.

I've read somewhere that a Jackie Prequel DLC might be likely. Or maybe it was a video. I can't recall.

If that will actually be the case... good grief CDPR... you really need to get better at reading the room.

I saw it in a video from Open World Games (with timestamp):

It seems to me it was just the tuber hyping unconfirmed stuff due to the voice actor wanting to participate more in CP77 (do they even read the forums?). I for one don't care much about it . I hope they prioritize continuation of the story. I don't care much about Jackie to be honest XD.

I feel the story is due to a sequel, right now, I don't care about a prequel at all, even less if I played like Jackie/Johnny/etc. or something like that, but that's just my take. I've seen others express that they don't mind prequels as long as there is continuation and a satisfying ending to the main story. This is fair too.

Last edited:

It seems to me it was just the tuber hyping unconfirmed stuff due to the voice actor wanting to participate more in CP77 (do they even read the forums?). I for one don't care much about it . I hope they prioritize continuation of the story. I don't care much about Jackie to be honest XD.

I feel the story is due to a sequel, right now, I don't care about a sequel at all, even less if I played like Jackie/Johnny/etc. or something like that, but that's just my take. I've seen others express that they don't mind prequels as long as there is continuation and a satisfying ending to the main story. This is fair too.

I am certain CDPR does not read anything in their own forum. Except for moderators.
Even though I liked Jackie as a character, I do not care for a prequel DLC. I'd be fine if the MP would revolve around the character though. But that is as far as I go.

The only DLC I'd care about is a continuation of Vs story that either sets up a sequel or brings it to a properly thought out conclusion with the appropriate amounts of options.

The alternative would be a story DLC that gives a reason to play it mid game because it can influence or add endings to the main story (stupid 6 months....).

Other than that, I'll keep my refund and won't spend any more money on CDPR.

Jackie's prequel or "act 1 retcon" DLC is a bad thing:

it could be a true retcon (how our choice in this DLC will affect next Acts?) and we'll be forced to replay ACT 1 in a Ng+ mode, let's hope this will be a free content

I feel the story is due to a sequel, right now, I don't care about a sequel at all, even less if I played like Jackie/Johnny/etc. or something like that, but that's just my take. I've seen others express that they don't mind prequels as long as there is continuation and a satisfying ending to the main story. This is fair too.
I like Jackie as a character. With my full respect to this character and his voice actor. But I wouldn’t like to see the first story expansion devoted to prequel events. Not now at least. I suppose that majority of game community wants V’s storyline continuation. A great number of threads and polls shows this.

V is the main character of this game so main action should take place around V and his/her nearest surroundings. I have in mind characters who play huge role in V’s life during the whole game and depend on ending we choose (Panam, Judy, Aldecaldo, Victor, Misty, MBE, corporations).

Last edited:
Just my guesses

Expectations from game+:

Less Johny silverhand and maybe Jakie could be alive. (because you can reach AV but, you cannot acces the code, but you go back and they to climb there with another way. It is paradox XD)
More side quest.
And modification of cars(I hope that will come soon)
NPC can react to our look, reputation and etc.
We can wear what we are like. not best stats.

DLCs:
New game stories for corp, nomad, streedkid.
new jobs: like max tac, netrunner, hunting cyberpsychos on pasifica like arena (there is an area where npc speaks about them),
Joining street groups like maelstrom, tigers and etc.

in sun ending panam offers V to die in desert among avocados, no magical contacts
so i think thats why
and mr.be is one of most powerful ai in the game
ai are like gods of cp and cannot lie
one reason for dlc is devs love panam
To be fair, the AI thing is an assumption at this point.
Its pretty clear that Mr blue eyes is a proxy but we have no idea for whom.

In addition, we don't know what this magical cure he is offering is. V just accepts and hopes for the best. This is dumb but unterstandable, because sitting on you arse and waiting for the inevitable sucks.

Both options at least can pave the way to somebody who might be able to help.

Both options at least can pave the way to somebody who might be able to help.
could be but only with magical writers help

so what in the sun happend with our savior panam
why pills lie on the table exactly where first stop in the star should be - Arizona
why v with unlimited money at his disposal still chooses some unknown corpo
panam and v talks only about death

i feel this game haha
i didn't call panam before rogue attack, later i found that she hates to say goodbye
when v kicks me in the cyberspace i still sent js to cyberhell

could be but only with magical writers help

so what in the sun happend with our savior panam
why pills lie on the table exactly where first stop in the star should be - Arizona
why v with unlimited money at his disposal still chooses some unknown corpo
panam and v talks only about death

i feel this game haha
when v kicks me in the cyberspace i still sent js to cyberhell
i didn't call panam before rogue attack, later i found that she hates to say goodbye
Since magical writing is what brought us into the position in the first place, it's the only way out.

Really. They could have ended the whole game in a satisfying and logical way, by simply doing less.
And it's no problem to get B back in the game with the proper motivation. This time, maybe with a real antagonist.

i finally heard mike's podcast in-game myself
he says that arasaka copies engrams and then gives them to the customer, while making a copy for himself

and after a conversation with hanako, v finds himself in cyberspace, and saburo is resurrected (without a chip?)
good luck to those who think arasaka didn't use the modified soulkiller on v

i finally heard mike's podcast in-game myself
he says that arasaka copies engrams and then gives them to the customer, while making a copy for himself

and after a conversation with hanako, v finds himself in cyberspace, and saburo is resurrected (without a chip?)
good luck to those who think arasaka didn't use the modified soulkiller on v
Arasaka certainly used their "secure your soul" version of the soul killer.
Why shouldn't they? You forfeit all your personal right when signing the contract and become an object in arasakas possession.
They can do with you whatever they want. Even legally delete you. It would not even murder, because you accepted the contract.

That's in fact bloody brilliant.

i mean they uses it once if v refuses and twice if he agrees
If V disagrees, they use the version without pain blockers.
Post automatically merged:

interestingly though...

The devil ending represents Vs will to get rid of Johnny and to not become even a little bit like him.

What happens? In the upload ending, V becomes the new Johnny silverhand and gets put into the soul prison. Double failure.

Top Bottom