Patch 1.1

+
Pretty much what I was expecting to be honest.

Still, I am really disappointed that CDPR has still not come out to address what their plans are with all the things that aren't bugs.

They've got two class action lawsuits and an investigation going on by the Polish government so they HAVE to make empty gestures like these in order to try and fix their broken game.
Of course Polish Government is also involved in the lawsuits, if i remember correctly few years back Polish Goverment gave funds to CDPR.

I don't understand why they called it 1.1. It was rather 1.07. To jump a few steps to 1.1. (falsely) implies more of a change than closing a few "if true loops" of code so that few side quests can continue without getting stuck, plus solving a GPU crash.

I currently have two stuck side quests (The street fight questline stuck after I beat up 4 fighters. The additional call never came. And the gig where you steal congresswoman tapes from marina. The ATM does not give bonus, so the quest does not complete) and one reported crime (the one called "One Thing Led to Another". The laptop is not "use" interractable). I was waiting for a solution with the update. Neither of them are on the list. So, keeping away from the game a little more, I guess...

Many of the issues being complained about here are easy to resolve. The pacing in the game sucks to high heaven.

The street fights require you to progress through the main story in order for them to trigger and continue. This is not a bug but rather really, really bad coding which is something CDPR is notorious for. My first runthrough the game, I wasn't even aware that the Kerry quest line consisted of five quests. I did the first two and went on with the game, finishing it and then started my second run in order to unlock some achievements that failed to do so the first time. That's when I learned that you have to wait 7 in-game days for Kerry's third quest to trigger and for him to call you. Nearly as many days for the fourth one. Who the hell would even think of waiting that many days for a quest line to continue?

The problem is open-world and CDPR just don't go together. CDPR still thinks and acts linearly and always will. Their quests are laid out so that you will follow a specific path and that should then trigger everything it should. But if you're an individual with a mind of his own and you like going off and doing what the damn game encourages you to do, ie: explore and see the game world, you will get stuck like this because of the embedded time passage the game expects from you while you're playing. Doubt they will fix this as it most likely is embedded deep in the game code which already is a mess from all of the stuff that was cut at the last minute.

So, take it from me, your street fight thing isn't broken. Just go ahead with the main story some more and it will trigger.

To take a somewhat more practical view and advise for everyone, this is going to be a long and drawn out process. I personally don't think the game will be running perfectly with the next patch and that the process of optimizing the hardware as well as continuing to remove the bugs from the game will be continuing all year long. This game was an absolute mess and doubly so for last generation hardware. I think that AI fixes will happen but they're going to be following getting the game's many crashes, performance, and graphics issues resolved first.

People who are looking for story updates will certainly have to wait until third quarter at best.

I appreciate the fact they are going to be continuing to patch the game and optimize it but I expect that, given the state of the game, it will be a long and involved process. This game was Vampire: Bloodlines and KOTOR2 levels of broken.

Still, I am really disappointed that CDPR has still not come out to address what their plans are with all the things that aren't bugs.
[/QUOTE]
They have already showed their planning, and it's pretty much about fixing bugs most of the year 2021. That should be the first priority, you can't do anything else as long as such step isn't done.

Noticed one unannounced change:

They removed the glitch/exploit where you would get crafting xp by ie. drinking one soda of a huge stack. This would bug the stack so you could get xp for disassembling them without actually accomplishing it (allowing you to do it all over again and again for evermore xp). Now you correctly don't get xp, but you incorrectly still can't disassemble the stack and you get notified you looted components when you don't get any. Ramshackle plug of an exploit.

Probably mention before but from what I gather the “major” update wasn’t going to be release till summer of 2021.

Reading All these comments makes me think I either misunderstood or a lot of other people misunderstood.

AI being the big talk. I don’t see how they are going to fix that problem in a short period of time. AI is one of the main foundation of the game especially one with RPG elements. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t meet people’s expectations when the major patch does release.

They have already showed their planning, and it's pretty much about fixing bugs most of the year 2021. That should be the first priority, you can't do anything else as long as such step isn't done.

The game needs a STAGGERING amount of work and the three patches so far are just the start of it. We're not at Mount Doom, we're not even at Rivendell, we're at Bree.

Personally I am still with my first playthrough that I haven't finished because of bugs, so yeah, thanks CDPR for focusing FIRST on bugs, so that EVERYONE can enjoy the game, especially those on consoles. Keep going please !

Well i was testing the game and my conclusions are that CDPR is definitely just doing what they have to do to have some backup for lawsuits. There is no improvement in any field AT ALL. This is supposed to be the first MAJOR PATCH? In what world this few bug fixes (Which some were fixed by modders already) are major? Man, this company... I'll make sure anyone i know purchase one of your games ever again.

AI being the big talk. I don’t see how they are going to fix that problem in a short period of time. AI is one of the main foundation of the game especially one with RPG elements. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t meet people’s expectations when the major patch does release.

Eh, yes and no. If you turn on the highest difficulty, the enemies start having a decent AI. So there's arguably an easy fix for that.

The game's lower difficulties seem to make them all idiots.

Of course Polish Government is also involved in the lawsuits, if i remember correctly few years back Polish Goverment gave funds to CDPR.

Yes, they did in the form of grants but no, this is not the same thing. The class action suits involve the investors. The Polish government, through a consumer protection group, is doing the investigating and they can fine them up to 10% (or more) of their total earnings from the game, if it is determined that they misrepresented the game to customers and fail to make a bona fide effort to fix those issues.

The grants, by the way, involved a lot of money for research and development for things like seamless multiplayer, which they've flat out failed at doing since the final product, if it's not dropped altogether, will be a standalone product and not part of the base game. Those grants were presented with a deadline in which they were to present examples of their research. Since this was back in 2016 and the entire game (and the game engine) got a restart from scratch, I highly doubt they were able to deliver anything by 2018 other than a doctored-up E3 demo so they may be facing stiff fines for those grants as well.

Probably should have made this patch 1.07 instead of 1.1, kind of got us a bit hyped for what turned out to be a few bug fixes there. Great that you're working through everything though.

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:
  • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements
  • Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous
  • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific
  • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific
  • Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.
Interesting...maybe yall can fix my ability to save? Seen this hotfix (far cry from a patch) saved, downloaded. went back to playing. Welp puppy needs taken out...went to save...nothing....tried again.....nothing
Thanks bunches

GPU Utilization still isn't going past 75-76% on a OC'ed Strix 3090 @ +100 Core +400 Memory, Power Limit Slider at max. RAM utilization seems to be around 10GB out of 32GB. CPU utilization is still in the gutter on the 5950X @ 4.6Ghz all core. FPS hasn't budged from what it was. Game's still tanking below 60 FPS when using DLSS Quality on Raytracing Ultra preset @ 3840x1600. Game's still tanking below 60 FPS even on DLSS Balanced in certain areas with the same RT Ultra preset. Trees still cost unnecessarily high performance hits. Fix those leaves/shadows, bruh. Game's still Tonemapped horribly wrong for scRGB HDR. Something's just not right there.

Uninstalling. I'll check back for what people are saying about Patch 1.2, but I'm not optimistic it'll impress me in the slightest.

Top Bottom