What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if these patches fail and the game never recovers when it comes to players, it'll retain a cult following for years to come. There's just so much about this game that nothing else really touches. Even if it's janky and broken in so many places it has a style of its own, and we can at least hope that modders will eventually work out new ways of dealing with it. They've already worked wonders and have transformed Cyberpunk 2077 on pc in a big way.

Definitely some good improvements. Need to introduce third person and more role playing friendly camera and movement options. The mod for third person doesn't work for me and I believe a game like this not having third person options is robbing it of potential. Also was very upset about car customization not being in the game...hopefully we see this in the near future. Keep up the great work and stay safe!

Definitely some good improvements. Need to introduce third person and more role playing friendly camera and movement options. The mod for third person doesn't work for me and I believe a game like this not having third person options is robbing it of potential. Also was very upset about car customization not being in the game...hopefully we see this in the near future. Keep up the great work and stay safe!
I don't think third person will ever happen. The game has been clearly designed with only first person in mind (read - environments, animations, cutscenes etc) and introducing a third person at this point will be a huge overtaking. It's just unrealistic to expect it. Perhaps they will put that option in the MP version whenever that comes out (if ever..). But expecting third person in the SP game is IMO putting yourself up for disappointment.

Personally I would've loved if they sticked to their initial model that was shown in the 2018 demo - where you play in first person and have 3d person cutscenes. The transition between the two seemed so smooth and something nobody every done before in a game (to my knowledge). I am still quite to this day they dropped that, but it is what it is and expecting to change at this point is again IMO unrealistic.

Third person is not going to happen, it's just not made for it.

Neo.gif

Oh, it's on mod.

It's on.

I don't think third person will ever happen. The game has been clearly designed with only first person in mind (read - environments, animations, cutscenes etc) and introducing a third person at this point will be a huge overtaking.
Third person is not going to happen, it's just not made for it.
Except that it was originally made with third person in mind and it was changed to first person, so I don't see why it would be impossible. Even if it's only in certain areas like dialogues or V's apartment. It would definitely stand a better chance of holding my interest long term if it was third person, and I was able to see the cyberware etc.

Except that it was originally made with third person in mind and it was changed to first person, so I don't see why it would be impossible. Even if it's only in certain areas like dialogues or V's apartment. It would definitely stand a better chance of holding my interest long term if it was third person, and I was able to see the cyberware etc.
There is a lot to fix on the floor before you want to put the roof on. Third person cinematics would be a great thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom