Multiplayer Thread - Competitive and/or Co-Op.

+

Multiplayer Thread - Competitive and/or Co-Op.

• PvP (COD, Battlefield etc)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 4 player co-op which allows you to play with friends. (Borderlands)

Votes: 65 39.9%
  • MMO like multiplayer with 32+ players in the world doing their own thing (GTA Online).

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • I don't want multiplayer in the game.

Votes: 48 29.4%

• Total voters
I truly loathe multiplayer. I hate it. I'm disgusted by it. It ruined many roleplaying games by turning them into MMO's. They released "SWTOR" instead of "KOTOR 3" and it sucks, they released "The Neverwinter" instead of "Neverwinter Nights 3" and it sucks. They added multiplayer to the Mass Effect 3 and it sucked. They could have focused on singleplayer instead, but nooo, they though they would make more money by releasing online shit. Greedy bastards... MMO's killing roleplaying games. They are ruining well established game series for what? To make MMO's an squeeze more money out of us all. They end up releasing shitty games in the end. I can promise you Elder Scrolls online will suck as well.

..wow. So..you..don't like Multiplayer, then, Wars? Cause that's what I learned. WELL BAD NEWS. Cp2077 will have multiplayer. Probably. I have quite enjoyed some Multiplayer. World Warcraft was a lot of fun with my crazed online buds. Raiding enemy towns, assassinating players, stealing gryphons. We had much fun.

Borderlands MP was fun. Day Z I laughed till I cried when Kane fired off a "few shots" to show where he was and every zombie in town came looking for him. Probably helped by me emptying a mag of 5.56 at them. Heh.

Vampire: Redemption MP was great! We spent months playing Vampire online with custom built maps and scenarios, actually role playing in New Orleans.

Baldur's Gate 2 MP was pretty funny, after we got over the whole, 'evil sorceror player meets paladin player" bit. "Don't kill those chickens! Someone needs those chckens!" "Yeah, me..they sound great as they die." "You foul VILLAIN! Stab stab stab." "Wait..gurgle..you're..killing....me..over..a ...chicken? Ahh..ha ha ha..gurgle..ha!" Die.

Ah, good times.

I wouldn't mind some co op stuff, just make sure that friendly fire is turned on so when we get bored we can blast eachother.

I'm not against co-op either. I even enjoy occasional missions that i share with my friends. It is really fun to fight as a team with the people you know well. But i hate multiplayer so much, i want to kick the guy who though of MMO's, in the head, multiple times..

I don't get all the hate for a possible multyplayer... Sorry if i bring back this oldie thried but i wanted to share my opinion...

First i don't consider Coop necessary but in the other hand i love have the opportunity to bring in in the campaign some friend just for "Roleplay".. It will be a nice implementation this is what i think....

Neverwinter nights did an amazing job on it.. i spent hours and hours roleplaying a my character like been in a pen and paper game....

So in the end if a coop mode will be present will be awesome if can be used to experience the game and who want also rolplay his character....

In the other hand a coop in that manner is a way MORE acceptable thant just a stupid shooter multiplay like.... Deathmuch... Player versus Ennemy ecc... Why don't permit at the player to bring in some friend playing coop?....

I understand some people are scared because they think (and is not always true) if a game features multyplayer the single player experience will be terrible....

Baldur's gate 1 and 2 had multyplayer.... Neverwinter nights had multyplayer.....

Cd project is perfectly capable to make an awesome and unforgettable single player experience while working on a Coop mode....

If you are up for a challenge instead to say no no coop no omg.... Why you don't give some suggestion on how coop if present must be handed?

And most important: Multyplayer dosn't mean MMO.... So bringing swotor as a reason is pointless

Have you ever played co-op in Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Chaos Theory? or Far Cry 3? or Tranformers WFC? Those are really great examples of how co-op can be implemented in CP77, or at least they are examples of how I'd like to play co-op in CP77.

I think it should be possible, during co-op, for players to talk to each other and decide which objective they're each going to handle for the mission; so when the mission starts, the players can go off on their separate objectives, meanwhile maintaining communication with each other (all of this is pretty standard in games which do this).

So at the very least, co-op options should allow you to add players (by importing their characters) to your single-player storyline missions. I would also like if players are allowed to make decisions together which affect the single player storyline; of course, anyone who doesn't want to do this, can just tell the other guys that they don't want to do this.

It would also be interesting if players, when added to someone's single player storyline, can affect the story and gameplay for the host via antagonistic actions; in this scenario, it should be possible for the guests to interact with game world NPCs and story aspects in meaningful ways. But of course, both friendly and not-so-friendly actions should be allowed in such a mode, and the host should ultimately have the capability to chuck out players or deny them the option to act in unfriendly ways.

I think it should be possible, during co-op, for players to talk to each other and decide which objective they're each going to handle for the mission; so when the mission starts, the players can go off on their separate objectives, meanwhile maintaining communication with each other (all of this is pretty standard in games which do this).

This I am strongly pushing for...

So at the very least, co-op options should allow you to add players (by importing their characters) to your single-player storyline missions. I would also like if players are allowed to make decisions together which affect the single player storyline; of course, anyone who doesn't want to do this, can just tell the other guys that they don't want to do this.

It would also be interesting if players, when added to someone's single player storyline, can affect the story and gameplay for the host via antagonistic actions; in this scenario, it should be possible for the guests to interact with game world NPCs and story aspects in meaningful ways. But of course, both friendly and not-so-friendly actions should be allowed in such a mode, and the host should ultimately have the capability to chuck out players or deny them the option to act in unfriendly ways.

It sounds nice, but it's basically douche bait... and people would join others games just to fuck them up...

Well if you can decide who can join your game you don't have for sure to worry about idiots screweng up your game... What i am talking about is a coop mode to permit willing people to play togheder and not only for missions or quest but also for the sake to interact togheder and roleplay their character..

Imagine in a scenario you will have to face and hard task... You can call your friend and discuss the detail on how to act Roleplaying... That for me can add a lot of replay value and infinite possibility......

Implementing a multyplayer with deathmatch and stupid things like that.... That's not what i am interested.... After all there are around a lot of shooters...And i am looking to play an RPG not a shooter...

In that manner also classes have much more meaning... You can search a netrunner npc or you can invite a your netrunner friend to handle the situation.. Do you need someone that can watch your back during a task?.. You can call a your Solo friend...Eventually giving also the option to be payed...or object sharing....by player at another...

Imagine a scenario when a coorporate need for example someone to take care of some annoyng Press man.... The player contact another friend a Solo one.. and pay it to get rid of this press man..... A formula like that can applyed in a lot of different situation bringing immersion interactivity in the game whitout ruin the single player experience...

What do you think about that?

Implementing a multyplayer with deathmatch and stupid things like that.... That's not what i am interested.... After all there are around a lot of shooters...And i am looking to play an RPG not a shooter...

In that manner also classes have much more meaning... You can search a netrunner npc or you can invite a your netrunner friend to handle the situation.. Do you need someone that can watch your back during a task?.. You can call a your Solo friend...Eventually giving also the option to be payed...or object sharing....by player at another...

This is exactly what I'd want.
It can really be done in a way that doesn't hurt the story. I imagine that for some jobs you will have to hire someone specialized in a certain role. In my opinion it would be much more fun hiring another player who would get a cut of the profit than hiring an A.I. Maybe it could work similarly to invasion in Dark Souls (I think someone else said this) but more controlled and not as limited.

P.S If CDPR choose to go with a more of a classless system this would encourage specializations and not trying to make a universal character.

I just experienced co-op in SR3 and it's fun as hell.

Sandbox co-op is always fun no matter what.

It'd be cool if some cutscenes were dedicated to your co-op buddy just so he isn't detached from the story.

SR3 is a great game. Everyone should play it and relate our experiences. With Co-Op, we could play it together!

For all that is good and holy don't waste time on co-op or any multiplayer at all. You will spend time spinning your wheels and resources better spent in the game. Perfect the game, don't worry about multi anything. Just focus on the game. Many games have suffered from tacked on multiplayer (ME3 anyone?) that sucks or detracts from the final product (oh again with the ME3). You didn't put multiplayer in Witcher, don't put it in this.

No, nein, ne, non, ie, nyet, nie!

"good and holy"? Interesting choice of words, for what seems to be a knee-jerk reaction lacking data.

Multiplayer is, at last notice, coming in CP2077. This may change, but as of now,

"-Speaking to Eurogamer, managing director Adam Badowski said Cyberpunk 2077 "will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs, but we're going to add multiplayer features.""

For all that is good and holy don't waste time on co-op or any multiplayer at all. You will spend time spinning your wheels and resources better spent in the game. Perfect the game, don't worry about multi anything. Just focus on the game. Many games have suffered from tacked on multiplayer (ME3 anyone?) that sucks or detracts from the final product (oh again with the ME3). You didn't put multiplayer in Witcher, don't put it in this.

No, nein, ne, non, ie, nyet, nie!

The Witcher series is about Geralt. One man. A lone wolf.
Cyberpunk 2020, the foundation stone of 2077 is fundamentaly about a group interacting with each other to achieve a goal.

While I agree that 'tacked on' content of any kind can ruin a game, it is not restricted to multiplayer.

Was Neverwinter Nights ruined with multiplayer? Or, did it add another level of gameplay that was both rich and rewarding?

AI can only do so much. A human being can think outside the box.

Bring on co-op!

Top Bottom