Iconic Cyberpunk 2020 <role> characters from TV-series and movies (and other fiction)

+
I keep having this problem with my players. IMO lvl 10 in a skill is grandmaster level, champion Olympians, legends that do not walk among us. That lvl of skill requires a lot of training to reach and upkeep. I no longer allow players to start with 10s.

I am rewatching Leverage and it struck me how it could be a campaign. A team of professionals is assembled for a job. Find out how well they work together. Do not always get along. There are problems, but more importantly character growth.

From Leverage.

Elliot
Solo lvl 7

Artisan
Netrunner lvl 7

Sophie
Fixer 7 from original book.
Con Man 7 from Wildside

Parker
Fixer 8 from original book
Prowler 8 from Wildside
Thief 8 from other material

Nathan
This is the hardest imo
Former corporate cop turned fixer

Then there is Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. A move full of Nomad protagonists chased by solos and the big bad Corporate.

what the hell, this topic has been going for 4 days now and nobody has posted THE solo's solo?

Role: solo
Character: Bob "snake" Plissken
Source: escape from new york, escape from LA
Rating: 10

call him snake

That just made the fuck outta my day! *HUGS!*

I guess Invisigoth from Xfile's Killswitch ep was something in between the netrunner and the nomad? The character probably inspired Matrix Trinity and they even use the same car. The first came out of Gibson mind though.

"Neo (real name Thomas A. Anderson, also known as The One)"

I want to say netrunner, but not really... He certainly is not solo.. Not a cop, corp, rockerboy, media, tech or fixer either...

I want to say netrunner, but not really... He certainly is not solo.. Not a cop, corp, rockerboy, media, tech or fixer either...

Also, not an actor :p

Snowcrash, anyone?

Role: Netrunner
Character: Hiro Protagonist
Rating: 9 (He did partially design the interwebs...)

Role: Nomad
Character: YT
Rating: 4 (Be fair, she's only 15...)

Role: Solo
Character: Crow
Rating: 10

I could go on, but I won't, but I could...

Definitely Netrunner. He can't do shit outside of the Matrix. (But I would give him an 11 out of 10 for it.)

Role: Corporate/Fixer
Character: Dane Vogel
Source: Saints Row 2
Rating: 8

Role: Techie
Character: Donnie
Source: Saints Row 1 and 2
Rating: 6

Role: Bosozoku Nomads/Fixers
Character: The Ronin Gang
Rating: 7

Role: Media/Solo XD
Character: Jane Valderrama

Role: Corporate
Character: David Xanatos
Source: Gargoyles
Rating: 9

Role: Solo/Rockergirl + Magics and stuff
Character: Fox
Rating: 8

Role: Really cybered up Solo/Rockerboy and -girl
Characters: Jackal and Hyena

Role: Solo/Rockerboy wearing an APCA
Character: Dingo

Role: Exotic Solo/Rockerboy
Character: Wolf

Role: Robot Solo/Fixer
Character: Coyote
Rating: 8.

Definitely Netrunner. He can't do shit outside of the Matrix. (But I would give him an 11 out of 10 for it.)

But everybody is hooked up to the Matrix.. You can argue that, however limited, he has some level of control over Matrix, but everybody from his party has at least some level of control and it is all instinctual, everybody who has been freed from the Matrix can have some level of control over it.. Does that mean everybody who got freed from the Matrix are netrunners automatically? That doesn't make sense now, does it? Tank and Dozer were the real netrunners, they knew how to work the system.. Oh yeah..

(By the way, he did stop those robots who were chasing them mentally in the real world.. So there is that..)

Nah, tank and dozed were techies.

Come on! They are the ones who actually "hack" the Matrix.. They are the ones who actually control the system.. They literally make the Matrix do thing it wasn't intended to.. They are at least netrunner/techie..

Top Bottom