7 months in... And still no real major updates.

+
I managed to complete all side quests and missions dodging any showstopper bug (eh, Bethesda games veteran...) with game running on 1-0-1.06 on PC.

Honestly, I don't think this game has anymore to say. Side quests are all too similar, story, C&C, are bland, in game mechanics are deeply flawed. I liked CP2077 more like a hiking simulator than anything else; unless CDPR offers a new 'landmass' akin to the Blood & Wine expansion for the Witcher 3, nothing is going to pull me back to this game. I don't even want to go through another playthrough having to cope with the dumb mechanics or wasting time fighting countless punks off the streets for some cred or stupid gig.

CP2077 is a huge lost opportunity. Once you stop caring how pretty it looks, what is left is really a mediocre adventure/looter shooter with a story wrapped around it.

I managed to complete all side quests and missions dodging any showstopper bug (eh, Bethesda games veteran...) with game running on 1-0-1.06 on PC.

Honestly, I don't think this game has anymore to say. Side quests are all too similar, story, C&C, are bland, in game mechanics are deeply flawed. I liked CP2077 more like a hiking simulator than anything else; unless CDPR offers a new 'landmass' akin to the Blood & Wine expansion for the Witcher 3, nothing is going to pull me back to this game. I don't even want to go through another playthrough having to cope with the dumb mechanics or wasting time fighting countless punks off the streets for some cred or stupid gig.

CP2077 is a huge lost opportunity. Once you stop caring how pretty it looks, what is left is really a mediocre adventure/looter shooter with a story wrapped around it.

Out of curiosity: what game/s do you find 'deep'?

I'm not worried about the fact that it's been about seven months without a major update because of pretty much the exact reasons that were stated. The game was broken and unfinished to a level that actually exceeded games like Fallout 76 and other disasters. So fixing that is a priority that I appreciate them actually living up to the statement, "It'll be finished when it's finished."

But the Covid-19 and hack issues aren't small ones by themselves and if they'd chosen to use the former as an excuse, I might have been willing to forgive issues more.

If it's a year or however it takes to start getting work on the DLC but they get the rest of the game working then it's not a bad thing.

The only expectation I have now is that they fix the game properly - or give automatic refunds to everyone who was duped into buying it. Difficult for disc sure, but it shouldn't be that hard for digital. Personally, I don't care about the DLC any more, especially not the DLC behind a pay wall, what's the point in adding more problems to a game already riddled with them?

The only expectation I have now is that they fix the game properly - or give automatic refunds to everyone who was duped into buying it. Difficult for disc sure, but it shouldn't be that hard for digital. Personally, I don't care about the DLC any more, especially not the DLC behind a pay wall, what's the point in adding more problems to a game already riddled with them?

I mean, the PS4 games require you to have downloads. However, the game is already "fixed" according to everyone.

The game is no longer broken. It's just underwhelming. If you expect them to make it somehow magically awesome, it's not going to happen.

The game was broken and unfinished to a level that actually exceeded games like Fallout 76 and other disasters.
Not so sure with that and I don't agree at all :)
I have played some disasters like Fallout 76 (early access and day one) & No man's sky (Yes, I did it... for both...).
So I can say without any doubt, Cyberpunk was not as bad as this two (and by far).

Fallout 76 was so bad, I only play it 5/10 hrs and I never played it again since day one...
And No man's sky, I regularly had crashes on my XB1x until last September (2020). Or 2 years after the release on this console and 4 years after the initial release...

Last edited:
I mean, the PS4 games require you to have downloads. However, the game is already "fixed" according to everyone.

The game is no longer broken. It's just underwhelming. If you expect them to make it somehow magically awesome, it's not going to happen.
Well, if people do say it's "fixed" they have seriously low standards. I've said before, on XB1, while the most recent 1.23 patch slightly improved FPS, it reintroduced a lot of bugs that had supposedly been fixed in earlier patches - so no, I don't believe for a second it's been "fixed".

Well, if people do say it's "fixed" they have seriously low standards. I've said before, on XB1, while the most recent 1.23 patch slightly improved FPS, it reintroduced a lot of bugs that had supposedly been fixed in earlier patches - so no, I don't believe for a second it's been "fixed".
...or you have incredibly high standards....I am kinda tempted to advice you to lower them, since I don't know if you can find games to enjoy with them:)

Not so sure with that and I don't agree at all :)
I have played some disasters like Fallout 76 (early access and day one) & No man's sky (Yes, I did it... for both...).
So I can say without any doubt, Cyberpunk was not as bad as this two (and by far).

Fallout 76 was so bad, I only play it 5/10 hrs and I never played it again since day one...

I mean, I hated Fallout 76 and I played Cyberpunk to the end on PS4.

However, Cyberpunk crashed like 48 times while Fallout 76 didn't.

So...YMMV.

Well that's what they said and I don't foresee any major changes after this point. They are "satisfied" with its performance.

I mean, I hated Fallout 76 and I played Cyberpunk to the end on PS4.

However, Cyberpunk crashed like 48 times while Fallout 76 didn't.

So...YMMV.
I edited with No man's sky detail... I suspected that it would come over it :)
But even with crashes, Cyberpunk was way better than this 2 games. Fallout 76 was bad that all, but NMS also crashes (minimum once per hour, when the game auto-save) on XB1x even 4 years after initial release...
It's a lot of crash when you reach to the center of the galaxy believe me :D
I could quote others game who crashes (ARK even 5 years after the release, and you fly on your argentavis and it crash... when you load your auto-save, you fall and die... and by luck, it's in the swamp, so you loose all your stuff... too great...), but Cyberpunk save regularly and is quick to launch (even on XB1x with HDD).
So it never really bothered me :)

Last edited:

what mechanics of having to fight punks off the street? You don't have to fight any random battles in this game at all. Gigs are optional. Wanting credits, yeah you have to do things if you want money, not sure there is any other way that can be. What is an appropriate way of earning money.

Also, you say its a waste of opportunity, but it seems you liked nothing about it, except maybe the map. What was the potential ideas that would have made the game interesting to you?

...or you have incredibly high standards....I am kinda tempted to advice you to lower them, since I don't know if you can find games to enjoy with them:)
Well, after spending £50 on a supposed AAA game, I think the bare minimum standard is for the bloody thing to function properly. If that's "too high" a standard, no wonder game studios keep putting out buggy games that aren't worth the money.

Well, after spending £50 on a supposed AAA game, I think the bare minimum standard is for the bloody thing to function properly. If that's "too high" a standard, no wonder game studios keep putting out buggy games that aren't worth the money.
...honestly, if you have a youtube video (I am assuming you were on base ps4 or xbox one?) where it was running at 15 fps or something, then yes I agree with you.....and CDPR did too as there were refunds (thus the whole ps store fiasco). But.... on my ps4 pro it did 'function properly' so no... I don't need to adjust my standards.

Have we honesty come to a point where people are getting accused of having "too high standards" because they expect a full-price AAA game not to have terrible texture pop-ins, FPS drops, really bad NPC Ai and asset streaming, regular crashes etc? Really?

We're not even talking about story oder gameplay mechanics here, it's simply that people have a right to expect a game that WORKS on a technical level when they pay 60+ bucks. I was willing to endure all the technical problems once in order to complete the game and then wait until they patch it, but so far, most of the patches have been nothing but band-aids on a festering wound.

Have we honesty come to a point where people are getting accused of having "too high standards" because they expect a full-price AAA game not to have terrible texture pop-ins, FPS drops, really bad NPC Ai and asset streaming, regular crashes etc? Really?
Not disagreeing with you here, but some people see these problems and go 'worst game ever. Unplayable!'....well....I don't know. You are certainly in your right to decide what is important to you, but so am I. And sorry if I don't find these problems to be the end of the world:)

That would be enough of the "you have too low/high standards". You're free to disagree with other people, but making judgements like that is completely unnecessary and only going to cause trouble.

Please focus on the arguments made by people rather than on the people themselves. Making things personal is never a good idea.

I wouldn't said that but at time, I bough "day one" at full-price a game, named TES-Skyrim who was maybe a "AAA" (don't know, too vague in my opinion), who was literally full of bugs (a lot, a lot and a lot), who crashed very, very often (during the loading screen when enterring in an area) and after 10 years still need an unofficial patch for playing it avoiding the unfixed bugs by Bethesda... But it could be the best game ever for some players (for me, no doubt, it's a real good game even with all the bugs I have encounter).
So, we will see in the futur how Cyberpunk will be considered, maybe the best game ever, who know :)

Well, if people do say it's "fixed" they have seriously low standards. I've said before, on XB1, while the most recent 1.23 patch slightly improved FPS, it reintroduced a lot of bugs that had supposedly been fixed in earlier patches -
I think it depends a bit on what you believe is still broken.
I will agree its not yet 100% fixed, but I do believe they have a level that matches (if not better) a typical Fallout game.Honestly, I do find myself comparing it more and more to those performance wise.
Take that any way you wish :)
believe for a second it's being "fixed".
Would you accept the bold?

Top Bottom